nubeekb

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2006
Hi,

I have a MSI NX7300GS Graphics card which has 128 MB memory but it says that it can share upto 512 MB memory from system RAM, which I suppose is called the 'turbo cache'...

Can anybody give me a step by step procedure to disable the turbo cache, so that I can work with only 128 Mb graphics memory and save my system memory provided by the RAM card?

Thanks in advance,
8O

mad-dog

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2006
If you are sure you want to disable it then you goto the properties of the graphics card and and disable it there.
the purpose of turbo-cache is to the the GPU with it's meager 256MB of memory to page the system RAM and borrow another 256MB of memory from it.
It tis a bit of a resource hog and i don't blame you, but if you're running at least 2Gig's of RAM then it shouldn't load the system noticably.
If you've already got 1Gig (2x512) of RAM then just slap another pair of 512's in there and button it up.......the difference between 1T and 2T is negligible, I run 2Gig's (4x512) of RAM in my system and it blows smoke with that dual-channel configuration, don't sell what you got just to buy something different unless you know for a fact it's gonna make that big of a difference, the difference in speed between single-channel and dual-channel is a moot point to be made especially when the ultimate transfer rate is dictated by the front side bus........blah blah blah......just think about the big picture and you'll see what i mean.