New Case Fan

backatu

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Hi guys

I'm a newbie at installing new hardware for my computer and i have a problem with my case fan. Recently the default fan in my Antec Sonata (1st version) died out on me and I found a Cooler Master fan to replace it. However, upon installation the screws that came with the fan don't fit the holes in my case. I don't have any idea how to approach the situation and I was wondering if anybody can give me some suggestions.

Thanks in Advance

backatu

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
The old fan has rubber screws that came with the case to reduce noise levels. I had to cut the rubber screws the remove the fan so they aren't reusable :?

truromeo4juliet

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
if you got an antec case, I know the little rubber things you're talking about...

I have an Antec Super LANBoy and I, too, have those little rubber things for the fans... I didn't like them, so I went out and paid $15 for an antec fan that came with screws (and i kept the other one for backup)... the screws should fit with some effort... they're durable enough to chew the right size hole through the case, as long as you use a philips head screwdriver that's fat enough on the tip to dig into the screw itself, so you don't strip it...

I had to do the same thing to my friend's computer when I built it (Antec Sonata II)...

my next case... Antec P180... o...m...g... so quiet :) built one for a customer the other day, and it's just amazing... triple layer sound deadening, the panels feel thick and substancial compared to most... and it's sooo roomy inside... ahh well... time to replace all the fans in mine with super quiet ones, ever since building that one, my computer's low pitched hums are getting on my nerves :D