password & end internet time

Hi-I can guess this is an easy thing to do but here goes:
How can I make it so that my pc requires a password BEFORE any user account
can be opened??? THere are 4 user accounts in my family and None of us have
a password for the user accounts. But I'd like to be able to have another
way of keeping my teen from spending too many hours on the pc while I am
busy with my stuff.
Also, is there a program to do the following:
1- automatically end the internet connection after a certain amount of time.
For example, when I go to the library, we are limited to a specific time to
be on the pc's. ALso, 5 minutes before the time allowed is about to come, it
tells you so. Then that way one can be alerted that its time to finish doing
whatever because you will get logged off.
I have ways to limit her time on the pc/internet by simply telling her so,
as well as grounding her, etc when she breaks the rules. But what I want is
something other than myself, to reinforce that enough is enough and its time
to leave the pc til another time.
Hope you can help. thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about password internet time

    "Azy" <mr@mr.com> wrote in message
    > Hi-I can guess this is an easy thing to do but here goes:
    > How can I make it so that my pc requires a password BEFORE any user
    account
    > can be opened??? THere are 4 user accounts in my family and None of us
    have
    > a password for the user accounts. But I'd like to be able to have another
    > way of keeping my teen from spending too many hours on the pc while I am
    > busy with my stuff.

    Share Your PC - Protect With Passwords
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/share/passwords.mspx

    > Also, is there a program to do the following:
    > 1- automatically end the internet connection after a certain amount of
    time.

    Try
    http://kids.getnetwise.org/tools/timelimits

    May also be of interest...