How to match Ram speed with overclocked mb for duel channel

devren

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2003
Hey, I am attempting my first OC and I have read a bit of stuff from the boards but I still have some questions.

But first My system. I have a:
Asus P4c800 Deluxe Motherboard
P4 2.8 (Not Prescot, plain 478 P4)
1gb Kingston HyperX 3500
ATI Radion 9700 Pro
Stock Fan and paste for the CPU

I went into bios and use the automatic oc and upped it by 10%, THe system runs perfectly fine and seems great. EXCEPT when I boot up my ram initializes at ~233-66Mhz instead of being in duel channel mode. So how do I match my ram speed with my cpu speed to keep my computer in duel channel mode? Or do I not have to?

Also While running 2 instances of Prime 95 one in 0 and one in 1 my computer seems to be holding temp between 66-68 C. I had hoped to OC a bit higher then 10% and I read that the safe tempurature depends on your mb and cpu combod so I wanted to know how hot is to hot for my system. (P4C800 Deluxe and P4 2.8)

Finally, I would like to fine tune my oc and learn how to do it manually a little better but wanted to know if you guys think I should keep reading or just use the standard 5, 10, 20, 30% OC that the MB offers.
Thanks alot
Dev

EDIT - Assumeing I'm understanding CPU-Z propperly My Ram Cas Timing is set to 2.5 4 4 8 but I think 2.5 3 3 7 1 So does that mean my ram is not set propperly or does it mean that because I set my MB to 10% OC that it changes the ram settings?
Thanks

devren

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2003
Hey thanks for the responces. I'm not sure what to do after reading this post as I am planning on getting a new Computer in the next 2-3 months which will have the 775 socket and from what I have seen so far the coolers that work with the new socket don't work with the old 478 one, So I'm thinking its just a waste of money to buy a $50 hsf just to use for a couple months Though I am willing to reconsider if you guys think my current system can be tweaked where it will run games decently.

As for the temp, will it hurt my cpu to run it at about 68-71 C on max load (Prime95 2 instances for a bout 12 min to yeild that temp) and a system idle of about 43-45 C

Thanks