Deleting of fonts

Have found lists of fonts supplied with windows xp, but where can I find a
list of those fonts which must not be deleted?

Please help,
Jeffery.
5 answers Last reply
More about deleting fonts

    Hi Jeffery,

    Why would you want to delete any? It's not like Win95 where all the fonts
    were loaded into memory at startup. Leaving them hurts nothing.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Jeffery" <broadstairs@adsl-2.uk.clara.net> wrote in message
    > Have found lists of fonts supplied with windows xp, but where can I find a
    > list of those fonts which must not be deleted?
    >
    > Please help,
    > Jeffery.

    Just would like to get rid of those I do not use and am interested.
    Help please,
    Jeffery.

    > Hi Jeffery,
    >
    > Why would you want to delete any? It's not like Win95 where all the fonts
    > were loaded into memory at startup. Leaving them hurts nothing.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "Jeffery" <broadstairs@adsl-2.uk.clara.net> wrote in message
    >> Have found lists of fonts supplied with windows xp, but where can I find
    >> a list of those fonts which must not be deleted?
    >>
    >> Please help,
    >> Jeffery.

    Hi Jeffery,

    Well, you saw the list of the fonts that are installed in all systems,
    pretty much everything else is optional. Some applications on your system
    may be dependent on certain ones, so I would recommend that you only move
    the unwanted ones to the Recycle Bin for now.

    --

    > Just would like to get rid of those I do not use and am interested.
    > Help please,
    > Jeffery.

    >> Hi Jeffery,
    >>
    >> Why would you want to delete any? It's not like Win95 where all the fonts
    >> were loaded into memory at startup. Leaving them hurts nothing.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Best of Luck,

    >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >>
    >> "Jeffery" <broadstairs@adsl-2.uk.clara.net> wrote in message
    >>> Have found lists of fonts supplied with windows xp, but where can I find
    >>> a list of those fonts which must not be deleted?
    >>>
    >>> Please help,
    >>> Jeffery.

    > Just would like to get rid of those I do not use and am interested.
    > Help please,

    Of note also is that someone may send you e-mail using one of the standard
    supplied fonts. If you've deleted it, then you may or may not receive
    legible mail. When I first moved to XP I had this problem occasionally with
    people still using Win98 which had a different set of fonts.

    Fortunately most people don't do strange things in mail or Word files or
    whatever, but you don't know.

    Good luck....

    Bill -- (Remove KILLSPAM from my address to use it)

    Thanks for the thoughts. Life is odd isn't it. A friend gave me,
    yesterday, a cutting from the Telegraph with the exact information I was
    looking for!

    Thanks again,
    Jeffery.

    "Bill Martin" <KILLSPAMwylie@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >> Just would like to get rid of those I do not use and am interested.
    >> Help please,
    >
    > Of note also is that someone may send you e-mail using one of the standard
    > supplied fonts. If you've deleted it, then you may or may not receive
    > legible mail. When I first moved to XP I had this problem occasionally
    > with
    > people still using Win98 which had a different set of fonts.
    >
    > Fortunately most people don't do strange things in mail or Word files or
    > whatever, but you don't know.
    >
    > Good luck....
    >
    > Bill -- (Remove KILLSPAM from my address to use it)

Microsoft Windows XP