How do I hook up my pc for gaming on my 52" DLP/HDTV

tb28w3

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
I have a 52" DLP HDTV 1080i made by Mitsubishi, and it has one DVI, 3 Component, 2 S-Video and 2 standard coaxial cable connectors..... I want to know how to hook up my computer and be able to play games on it without going nuts. I have a 6800 GT with one DVI connector, an S-Video, and a VGA connector. I tried to hook it up with the DVI and S-Video, but both weren't exactly clear on my TV. I was wondering if there was something that I am missing on how to hook it up clearly. When it is hooked up, the text on the computer is pretty fuzzy, not like 1080i resolution should be. How can I fix the clarity of the text, and get it looking right?

joefriday

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
The latest Nvidia drivers should have some HDTV settings to allow you to tinker with the resolutions on the DVI out. Are you running your resolution at 1920X1080?

tb28w3

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
Yeah... I use 1080i on my dvd player and it's through my DVI connection, and I'm ordering DirecTV HD and should get it installed next week, and I believe it will be through component. I need a DVI-Component adapter or a DVI splitter so I can share the connector on the TV with my DVD player.

rumrunner42

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2006
The best way to connect is to use your dvi output to your TV set. This is a pure digital to digital connection, therefore, not DAC's are required to convert/reconvert signals. This means no artifacts are introduced into the picture! As far as getting the text to not look so fuzzy, you can try to enlarge the fonts especially considering at that resolution they will be small to begin with not to mention the spatial disparity between you and the TV set considering its large size. To increase the fonts, go into the control panel and look around. I am not sure on this, but it should be under the accesibility icon. Here you can increase the fonts across your entire operating system, but not to include your web browser, especially if you use firefox. You will have to configure this within your browser. If this is not satisfactory, you will then need to play around with your graphics settings. Nvidia i believe has a few tweaks that can clear things up. Let me know! Cheers*

tb28w3

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
What I want to do is some gaming. I will use it eventually as a HTPC when I build new after tax reabte time. : ) Anyways, I think that HL2, Quake 4, FEAR etc... will look kickass on it. I have a wireless keyboard and mouse so seating too close won't be a problem. Also, how would I go about hooking up my home theater system to my computer? I have a Sony reciever that takes inputs but I don't know which connector I need from my sound blaster 5.1 sound card. I have Infinity surround speakers and a powered Infinity 10" subwoofer. Just watched XMen III and MI 3 and they were awesome on it! Also, when I turn it into a HTPC, what is a tuner card that I can recieve and playback HDTV through the pc? thanks for all the help.

Dade_0182

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
try imageshack or something. If it doesn't work for you just lookup free image hosting or something in google. I'm not mister picture myself but like saving all the pictures I find on here. Love seeing what other people are doing and giving me ideas for my future rigs...