Sign in with
Your question

USB Flash drive Charts/Benchmarks

Last response: in Site Feedback
June 3, 2008 8:13:44 AM

With the news about the worlds smallest USB flash drive up today, and with there vast distribution amongst even the technically challenged, I think its high time that Tom's puts up some benchmark results for these most useful little devices.

I think that describing the various performance related features, and benchmarking a selection from cheap to uber-expensive, and also comparing the price to performance etc. would make a very good and possibly insightful article.

Investigate if you could RAID a pair as well. Cheap uncrackable encryption anyone? RAID 0 a pair and the data can only ever be recovered if both are present and configured. Truly uncrackable as only half of the data would be present on each.

Anyway, just a suggestion.
August 31, 2008 5:40:05 PM

I would love to see this as well as there's really no market standard for displaying USB drive speeds.
October 23, 2008 12:47:18 PM

I requested this September 9, 2007 without any results.

http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ocz8gbrally2be...

The link above is to an image which shows the results of ATTO benchmark of the OCZ Rally2 8GB thumb drive. ATTO Disk Benchmark is a free application that measures both hard drives and flash media.

I still believe that if tomshardware generated a substantial database and published it in easy to read chart form, they would get thousands of hits to those charts. Perhaps more hits than they do to the hard drive charts.
!