Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Intel Desktop Board D510MO/Windows 7 Video issue

Last response: in Windows 7
June 10, 2011 5:00:30 PM

I've got my hands on a D510MO board running windows 7, I did a reformat on it, and it went through that fine, the issue is as soon as it loaded proper video drivers, it displays only black.

The monitor doesn't go into sleep mode, it just displays a pure black screen. It works fine in safe mode, It works fine in regular mode with the "default" drivers (no drivers) loaded, It appears as black after booting into windows about halfway into loading the OS (when it loads the video drivers, I assume).

Facts: Video works in instances when the video driver is not the intel 3150 driver (Safe mode, driver deleted/not loaded in regular mode)

Video does not work in regular mode with the drivers loaded, or VGA 640x800 mode.

The monitor does not enter sleep mode, or display a "no input" signal, but instead remains active displaying a black screen, as if that is what is being output from the board.

I have tried both the archived drivers and current drivers on Intel's site. Neither work.

I have not tried third party drivers

The board has been RMA'D and the second one is doing the EXACT same thing. I've googled the issue and nobody else seems to have it. (searches like "windows 7 D510MO no video" turn up nothing related)

The only thing I haven't done is swap the RAM, but the system boots fine and acts fine without the video drivers loaded so i really don't have a clue why that would be the issue.

I'm pretty darn close to calling Intel and having somebody from their figure this out with me, if I could get this done with your help I'd appreciate it.

What are the chances both boards are bad with the exact same video issue.
June 14, 2011 5:13:53 AM

Hi.

I have the same problem. After I updated Win7, either via driver download or windows update, the computer will go blank on the next reboot. I have tried both 32 and 64 bit windows 7. This is a critical bug, and I am very dissapointed since it renders the computer useless :fou: 

Tony
Score
June 14, 2011 3:10:38 PM

Hi.

The only fix i've found for this is to completely remove any updated drivers via the device manager in safe mode (uninstall and delete video drivers) and install the original ones off the disc it came with, those seem to work. then go ahead and "hide" the update in windows update optional updates so it doesn't just re-update.

If you don't have the original device drivers, Intel provides a "archived" driver, but it's only like 4 months old and doesn't seem to work either. That might be an issue if you didn't get/threw out the original device driver. The version i had working was 8.14.10.1862, newer ones may work but this is the only one i can confirm.

Is it possible to get your hands on the original driver disc?
Score
Related resources
June 14, 2011 7:05:17 PM

Hi,

I am in moving, so I don't know where it is at present. Could you upload it somewhere so that I could download it please?

Tony
Score
June 14, 2011 7:06:38 PM

tonymattsson said:
Hi,

I am in moving, so I don't know where it is at present. Could you upload it somewhere so that I could download it please?

Tony

the "complete" video installs folder is about 300 mb, if I knew your version of windows and if it's 32 or 64 it could be cut down significantly.
Score
June 14, 2011 7:09:37 PM

Oh sorry, I have Win 7 64 bit.
Score
June 14, 2011 7:10:26 PM

tonymattsson said:
Oh sorry, I have Win 7 64 bit.

No worries, i'll try to toss it up on rapidshare or something.

The Win7 x64 driver install folder is 65Mb.

It's uploading now, i'll give you the link when it's ready.
Score
June 14, 2011 8:27:35 PM

Thanks a bunch :bounce: 

I am up and running again after multiple installs of Windows 7. It's unbeliavible that Intel should release a driver that brickifies one of their own motherboards. I'll try the next update from Intel, but keep this driver in a golden box just in case. Did you alert Intel to this critical error?

Curious fact. When I came back to the the computer (before I installed your old drivers) the (black) screen had fallen asleep. When I woke it up the graphics worked and I could log in. I rebooted, but failed to repeat it, and installed your drivers which worked right away. Phiew :heink: 

Tony
Score
June 14, 2011 8:31:43 PM

the weird thing is that this update has been out for a long while, it hasn't worked on any D510MO board i've tried it on, and there's NOTHING on google about it before i started this thread. I've had 3/3 boards with the new drivers go totally blank, but it's like nobody else had this problem till you.

The drivers that are causing the problem aren't new either, I think they're from like december of last year, so I was pretty darn stumped about how I was the only one with the issue.

I haven't let intel know about the issue but that's not a bad idea.
Score
June 29, 2011 8:44:22 AM

Hi,

I updated the BIOS and only then could the new drivers be installed. So drivers are BIOS-version dependant :=S I upgraded with these (as I remember):

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&...

Now, my problem is that the system shuts down during the boot sequence. I can get it running if i "Warm up" i.e. leave the system on for an hour on the Safe mode question-screen. Ever experienced that?

Tony

internetlad said:
the weird thing is that this update has been out for a long while, it hasn't worked on any D510MO board i've tried it on, and there's NOTHING on google about it before i started this thread. I've had 3/3 boards with the new drivers go totally blank, but it's like nobody else had this problem till you.

The drivers that are causing the problem aren't new either, I think they're from like december of last year, so I was pretty darn stumped about how I was the only one with the issue.

I haven't let intel know about the issue but that's not a bad idea.

Score
June 29, 2011 3:02:40 PM

tonymattsson said:
Hi,

I updated the BIOS and only then could the new drivers be installed. So drivers are BIOS-version dependant :=S I upgraded with these (as I remember):

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&...

Now, my problem is that the system shuts down during the boot sequence. I can get it running if i "Warm up" i.e. leave the system on for an hour on the Safe mode question-screen. Ever experienced that?

Tony

To be honest with you, I reinstalled the original drivers, turned off the update, and gave the PC back to it's owner, and haven't heard any complaints yet, so I figure that the original driver is the best way to go, especially if updating the bios only gives you more trouble with no forseeable benifit.
Score
September 1, 2011 6:55:36 AM

internetlad said:
https://rapidshare.com/files/39637701/Win7_15.12.75.50....

There you go, that should be the file you're looking for, just clean out the old driver and run the setup file in it after unzipping. Good luck.

Hello guys,

I have the same problem, tried BIOS updates, but nothing happened. Still having the original factory BIOS from 2009.

I need the drivers for Windows 7 too, but 32bit version and also lost the CD. Can you please upload the 32bit drivers? No driver from Intel worked and I am unable to find the 1862 version... Many thanks! P.M.
Score
September 1, 2011 4:05:31 PM

oh wow this is from a long time ago. Yeah i'll see if I can't find that CD sometime today and up that.

Amazed they're still having this issue. This isn't going to raise the opinion level of the Atom chipsets anytime soon.
Score
September 1, 2012 7:01:35 AM

I know this is an old thread, but I face the same problem and unfortunately the link internetlad provided no longer exists. Could someone upload video driver for 3150 Windows 7 32-bit?
Score
September 3, 2012 5:37:17 AM

Well, don't worry anymore, I found out that 8.14.10.1929 does the job as well, the screen lights up now, finally! Thanks.
Score
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
September 5, 2012 11:49:08 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!