Memory Speed issue with ASRock 939Dual-VSTA

AGWard17

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2006
Hello All,

I recently purchase an ASRock 939Dual-VSTA motherboard along with an AMD FX-55. I choose this board for its backwards AGP compatibility. When I ran 3dMark03 and compared the results with my old system (Epox, Socket A) I was unimpressed, the results had only when from aprox. 4,000 to 7,000.

I have a friend who also has the AMD FX-55 and without overclocking is able to get 13,000 in 3dMark03. True, he has dual channel and PCI Express but there should not be that big of a gap. I looked further into the situation and Everest is reporting my DDR 400 as DDR 200 even though I have the speed correctly set in the BIOS. Even Sandra is reporting my memory bandwidth as half of what is should be.

My BIOS has a feature called, "Flexibility Mode" in the Memory section, I have to have this enabled or my system will not boot I am afraid that this maybe the cause.

Here are my full specs:

Memory
DIMM1: Corsair CMX512-3200C2PRO
DIMM2: PNY Tech. (512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM) **Actually this is DDR 433 PNY Gaming Memory**
DIMM3: 1 GB PC3200 DDR SDRAM **Cheap A-DATA memory w/ heatshield**

**As you can see with only the three banks I can not run dual channel without losing a GB of RAM until I purchase another stick**

Processor
AMD FX-55 San Diego currently running at 2.8 GHz (upped the clock multipler)

Power Supply: 530-watt

Video Card: ATI Radeon X1600 Pro 512 MB of RAM

Chipset: ULi 1689

Anyone know how to get my memory to register correctly?

AGWard17

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2006
Thanks,

I figured that maybe the case. I just hope that this new board would be as flexable as my old Socket A Epox motherboard. I'll give that a shot tonight when I get home from work and I'll post the results. I really was hoping to save $200+ on RAM.