Don't use Internet Explorer

Last response: in Video Games
Share
March 23, 2005 12:37:14 PM

A few reasons why I use firefox for neopetting :)

1) Firefox allows you to copy text from a users store without having to use
a keyboard shortcut

2) Firefox uses way less memory than IE which helps with dialup users

3) Firefox uses tabbed browsing so I can right click and open into a new tab
for each subject.

Just my thoughts, I still use IE for about anything else.

More about : internet explorer

Anonymous
March 23, 2005 4:15:24 PM

"Ben" <pleaseSEEmyEMAIL@ddyINmessage.no> wrote in message
>A few reasons why I use firefox for neopetting :)
>
> 1) Firefox allows you to copy text from a users store without having to
> use a keyboard shortcut
>
> 2) Firefox uses way less memory than IE which helps with dialup users
>
> 3) Firefox uses tabbed browsing so I can right click and open into a new
> tab for each subject.
>
> Just my thoughts, I still use IE for about anything else.

i like that they let you have a bookmark toolbar (handy for when your
playing plushie tycoon and doing game challenges)
Anonymous
March 24, 2005 12:49:01 AM

"Ben" <pleaseSEEmyEMAIL@ddyINmessage.no> wrote in

> A few reasons why I use firefox for neopetting :)
>
> 1) Firefox allows you to copy text from a users store without having
> to use a keyboard shortcut
>
> 2) Firefox uses way less memory than IE which helps with dialup users
>
> 3) Firefox uses tabbed browsing so I can right click and open into a
> new tab for each subject.

so does IE.

> Just my thoughts, I still use IE for about anything else.

unfortunately, it loads, runs, and renders much slower than IE, something
very important for any shoppers.
March 24, 2005 2:15:44 AM

Jon Pike wrote:
> "Ben" <pleaseSEEmyEMAIL@ddyINmessage.no> wrote in
>

>>A few reasons why I use firefox for neopetting :)
>>
>>1) Firefox allows you to copy text from a users store without having
>>to use a keyboard shortcut
>>
>>2) Firefox uses way less memory than IE which helps with dialup users
>>
>>3) Firefox uses tabbed browsing so I can right click and open into a
>>new tab for each subject.
>

> so does IE.

*snicker*
1. True, both can do this. Firefox can do it where you highlight some
text, right click it and open it. IE doesn't have that (neither does
Firefox natively, it's available as an extension (plug-in))
2. IE can't use less memory than IE. :p
3. IE doesn't have tabbed browsing by itself. Avant or something like
that may, but it's not IE. Tabbed ≠ new window.

FWIW: The OP /does/ resemble a troll posting and not all that good of
one at that. Apologies to OPer if you're just a really enthusiastic
firefox user, but you went about it in a ham-handed way.

--
http://www.simplerich.com/blog

Read my book!!!
March 24, 2005 2:31:54 AM

Yeah I i've used Firefox but found the game's run slooooooow
and talk about plug-in's it uses hundreds "well o.k a few"...

"Ben" <pleaseSEEmyEMAIL@ddyINmessage.no> wrote in message
> A few reasons why I use firefox for neopetting :)
>
> 1) Firefox allows you to copy text from a users store without having to
use
> a keyboard shortcut
>
> 2) Firefox uses way less memory than IE which helps with dialup users
>
> 3) Firefox uses tabbed browsing so I can right click and open into a new
tab
> for each subject.
>
> Just my thoughts, I still use IE for about anything else.

Anonymous
March 24, 2005 2:36:41 AM

Also try Netscape navigator v7.2 or v8.0 beta,
Here's the link if you want to give it a go.

http://www.netscape.com/

"Ben" <pleaseSEEmyEMAIL@ddyINmessage.no> wrote in message
> A few reasons why I use firefox for neopetting :)
>
> 1) Firefox allows you to copy text from a users store without having to
use
> a keyboard shortcut
>
> 2) Firefox uses way less memory than IE which helps with dialup users
>
> 3) Firefox uses tabbed browsing so I can right click and open into a new
tab
> for each subject.
>
> Just my thoughts, I still use IE for about anything else.

Anonymous
March 24, 2005 3:30:30 PM

"Ben" <pleaseSEEmyEMAIL@ddyINmessage.no> wrote in message
>A few reasons why I use firefox for neopetting :)
>
> 1) Firefox allows you to copy text from a users store without having to
> use a keyboard shortcut
>
> 2) Firefox uses way less memory than IE which helps with dialup users
>
> 3) Firefox uses tabbed browsing so I can right click and open into a new
> tab for each subject.
>
> Just my thoughts, I still use IE for about anything else.

if you have a wheel button in firefox you can wheel click a link to auto
open it in a new tab, also, if you wheel click on a tab, it closes it, you
can also wheel click from your quick bookmarks toolbar to open in a new
tab... i love that feature
March 24, 2005 3:58:20 PM

Just a quick hint...
When using IE try hitting F11, it makes it so you don't have to scroll as
much.
Very handy for games, though more difficult for multitasking.
Also, F5 is sometimes an easier way to refresh.
~Sioux
Anonymous
March 24, 2005 4:45:21 PM

I tried using Firefox, but when selecting Full Screen to play Neopets
games, some of them came up in a tall narrow half-screen window with the
aspect ratio of the game all screwed up.

I use both IE and Mozilla (which does not have the same problem Firefox
did).
March 25, 2005 3:29:31 AM

Sioux wrote:
> Just a quick hint...
> When using IE try hitting F11, it makes it so you don't have to scroll as
> much.
> Very handy for games, though more difficult for multitasking.
> Also, F5 is sometimes an easier way to refresh.
> ~Sioux

Haven't tried the F11, but do know that F5 refreshes in Firefox too, as
I use that regularly. It says in Firefox F11 is for "full screen", is it
the same for IE?

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com