Don't use Internet Explorer

A few reasons why I use firefox for neopetting :)

1) Firefox allows you to copy text from a users store without having to use
a keyboard shortcut

2) Firefox uses way less memory than IE which helps with dialup users

3) Firefox uses tabbed browsing so I can right click and open into a new tab
for each subject.

Just my thoughts, I still use IE for about anything else.
10 answers Last reply
More about internet explorer

    "Ben" <pleaseSEEmyEMAIL@ddyINmessage.no> wrote in message
    >A few reasons why I use firefox for neopetting :)
    >
    > 1) Firefox allows you to copy text from a users store without having to
    > use a keyboard shortcut
    >
    > 2) Firefox uses way less memory than IE which helps with dialup users
    >
    > 3) Firefox uses tabbed browsing so I can right click and open into a new
    > tab for each subject.
    >
    > Just my thoughts, I still use IE for about anything else.

    i like that they let you have a bookmark toolbar (handy for when your
    playing plushie tycoon and doing game challenges)

    "Ben" <pleaseSEEmyEMAIL@ddyINmessage.no> wrote in

    > A few reasons why I use firefox for neopetting :)
    >
    > 1) Firefox allows you to copy text from a users store without having
    > to use a keyboard shortcut
    >
    > 2) Firefox uses way less memory than IE which helps with dialup users
    >
    > 3) Firefox uses tabbed browsing so I can right click and open into a
    > new tab for each subject.

    so does IE.

    > Just my thoughts, I still use IE for about anything else.

    unfortunately, it loads, runs, and renders much slower than IE, something
    very important for any shoppers.

    Jon Pike wrote:
    > "Ben" <pleaseSEEmyEMAIL@ddyINmessage.no> wrote in
    >

    >>A few reasons why I use firefox for neopetting :)
    >>
    >>1) Firefox allows you to copy text from a users store without having
    >>to use a keyboard shortcut
    >>
    >>2) Firefox uses way less memory than IE which helps with dialup users
    >>
    >>3) Firefox uses tabbed browsing so I can right click and open into a
    >>new tab for each subject.
    >

    > so does IE.

    *snicker*
    1. True, both can do this. Firefox can do it where you highlight some
    text, right click it and open it. IE doesn't have that (neither does
    Firefox natively, it's available as an extension (plug-in))
    2. IE can't use less memory than IE. :P
    3. IE doesn't have tabbed browsing by itself. Avant or something like
    that may, but it's not IE. Tabbed ≠ new window.

    FWIW: The OP /does/ resemble a troll posting and not all that good of
    one at that. Apologies to OPer if you're just a really enthusiastic
    firefox user, but you went about it in a ham-handed way.

    --
    http://www.simplerich.com/blog

    Read my book!!!

    Yeah I i've used Firefox but found the game's run slooooooow
    and talk about plug-in's it uses hundreds "well o.k a few"...

    "Ben" <pleaseSEEmyEMAIL@ddyINmessage.no> wrote in message
    > A few reasons why I use firefox for neopetting :)
    >
    > 1) Firefox allows you to copy text from a users store without having to
    use
    > a keyboard shortcut
    >
    > 2) Firefox uses way less memory than IE which helps with dialup users
    >
    > 3) Firefox uses tabbed browsing so I can right click and open into a new
    tab
    > for each subject.
    >
    > Just my thoughts, I still use IE for about anything else.

    Also try Netscape navigator v7.2 or v8.0 beta,
    Here's the link if you want to give it a go.

    http://www.netscape.com/

    "Ben" <pleaseSEEmyEMAIL@ddyINmessage.no> wrote in message
    > A few reasons why I use firefox for neopetting :)
    >
    > 1) Firefox allows you to copy text from a users store without having to
    use
    > a keyboard shortcut
    >
    > 2) Firefox uses way less memory than IE which helps with dialup users
    >
    > 3) Firefox uses tabbed browsing so I can right click and open into a new
    tab
    > for each subject.
    >
    > Just my thoughts, I still use IE for about anything else.

    "Ben" <pleaseSEEmyEMAIL@ddyINmessage.no> wrote in message
    >A few reasons why I use firefox for neopetting :)
    >
    > 1) Firefox allows you to copy text from a users store without having to
    > use a keyboard shortcut
    >
    > 2) Firefox uses way less memory than IE which helps with dialup users
    >
    > 3) Firefox uses tabbed browsing so I can right click and open into a new
    > tab for each subject.
    >
    > Just my thoughts, I still use IE for about anything else.

    if you have a wheel button in firefox you can wheel click a link to auto
    open it in a new tab, also, if you wheel click on a tab, it closes it, you
    can also wheel click from your quick bookmarks toolbar to open in a new
    tab... i love that feature

    Just a quick hint...
    When using IE try hitting F11, it makes it so you don't have to scroll as
    much.
    Very handy for games, though more difficult for multitasking.
    Also, F5 is sometimes an easier way to refresh.
    ~Sioux

    I tried using Firefox, but when selecting Full Screen to play Neopets
    games, some of them came up in a tall narrow half-screen window with the
    aspect ratio of the game all screwed up.

    I use both IE and Mozilla (which does not have the same problem Firefox
    did).

    Sioux wrote:
    > Just a quick hint...
    > When using IE try hitting F11, it makes it so you don't have to scroll as
    > much.
    > Very handy for games, though more difficult for multitasking.
    > Also, F5 is sometimes an easier way to refresh.
    > ~Sioux

    Haven't tried the F11, but do know that F5 refreshes in Firefox too, as
    I use that regularly. It says in Firefox F11 is for "full screen", is it
    the same for IE?

    --
    Christine in Vantaa, Finland
    christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com

    CK wrote:

    > I use that regularly. It says in Firefox F11 is for "full screen", is it
    > the same for IE?

    ayup.

    http://www.simplerich.com/blog

    My book's for sale at: