win xp upgrade from win95

Hi all... Can you upgrade from win95 to winXP home edition? Asking for a
friend.

Thanks
Newfdog
7 answers Last reply
More about upgrade win95

    No http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/upgrading/matrix.mspx

    "Newfdog" <newfdog2nospam@warp.nfld.net> wrote in message
    > Hi all... Can you upgrade from win95 to winXP home edition? Asking
    for a
    > friend.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Newfdog

    On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 16:06:40 -0330, Newfdog
    <newfdog2nospam@warp.nfld.net> wrote:

    >Hi all... Can you upgrade from win95 to winXP home edition? Asking for a
    >friend.
    >
    >Thanks
    >Newfdog

    While Windows 95 --> Windows XP is not a Microsoft-supported upgrade
    path, the Windows 95 CD may be used as proof of a previous version of
    Windows during the Windows XP installation procedure.

    In news:OmZcm1t4EHA.3820@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
    Newfdog <newfdog2nospam@warp.nfld.net> typed:

    > Hi all... Can you upgrade from win95 to winXP home edition?
    > Asking
    > for a friend.

    You can not upgrade directly over the top of Windows 95, but you
    *can* use a Windows 95 CD as a qualifying previous product when
    doing a clean installation with a Windows XP Upgrade CD.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    Ken Blake wrote:
    > In news:OmZcm1t4EHA.3820@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
    > Newfdog <newfdog2nospam@warp.nfld.net> typed:
    >

    >>Hi all... Can you upgrade from win95 to winXP home edition?
    >>Asking
    >>for a friend.
    >

    > You can not upgrade directly over the top of Windows 95, but you
    > *can* use a Windows 95 CD as a qualifying previous product when
    > doing a clean installation with a Windows XP Upgrade CD.

    Thanks Guys

    Newfdog

    In news:e1fc3Kw4EHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
    Newfdog <newfdog2nospam@warp.nfld.net> typed:

    > Ken Blake wrote:
    >> In news:OmZcm1t4EHA.3820@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
    >> Newfdog <newfdog2nospam@warp.nfld.net> typed:
    >>

    >>>Hi all... Can you upgrade from win95 to winXP home edition?
    >>>Asking
    >>>for a friend.
    >>

    >> You can not upgrade directly over the top of Windows 95, but
    >> you
    >> *can* use a Windows 95 CD as a qualifying previous product
    >> when
    >> doing a clean installation with a Windows XP Upgrade CD.
    >>
    > Thanks Guys

    You're welcome. Glad to help.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    upgrade Windows 95 to Windows 98 first and then you can ;-)

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "Newfdog" wrote:

    > Hi all... Can you upgrade from win95 to winXP home edition? Asking for a
    > friend.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Newfdog

    With win95, I sense older hardware. If you have broadband take a look at the
    Advisor before any atempt.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/upgrading/advisor.mspx

Microsoft Windows XP