new gamin/music sound card

halcyon

Splendid
i was lookin to get away from my integrated sound card and get a new one for under 100 dollars i mostly game on my computer
i have a asus a8n5x mobo opty 165 1800xt vid card 1gig ocz ram
any suggestions, this one at the bottom looked fine but idk

o ya i have a 5.1 set up with creative i-trigue speakers

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102006

Bingo.

frankienyc123

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2006
Hey do you guys know what the differance between the Xtreme gamer and Xtreme audio are?? Are they supposed to be more specialized and less expensive. So that if your mainlky a gamer you arent paying for the audio creation features and vice versa? Why would you buy one of them over the older Xtreme music which has both gaming and audio features for about the same price??

halcyon

Splendid
Hey do you guys know what the differance between the Xtreme gamer and Xtreme audio are?? Are they supposed to be more specialized and less expensive. So that if your mainlky a gamer you arent paying for the audio creation features and vice versa? Why would you buy one of them over the older Xtreme music which has both gaming and audio features for about the same price??

The Xtreme Audio does not have the adjustable modes of all the other cards and does not have the hardware accelerated EAX support. So you can't switch from Game Mode to Entertainment Mode to Audio Creation Mode and there's no CPU offloading/FrameRate savings with the Xtreme Audio. ...just pure Entertainment Mode for movies and music. I'd recommend starting with the Xtreme Gamer or better. The cost differential is not that high.