I need an ATX motherboard for this C2D build. Please Help

KingWaddleDee

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
Please, I need somebody to give me the lowdown on motherboards for core 2 duo. I know I probably should look around but I have been, and I figure the easiest way to get my specific question answered is to actually ask it here instead of viewing similar topics.

Intel Core™2 Duo Processor E6300 1.86GHz w/ 2MB Cache

This is the processor that I need the motherboard for. Now, I DO plan to overclock so I need one that will let me overclock it to decent speeds.

I am on a $700-$800 budget so nothing too crazy, because most of the money will go to this processor and the video card.

My main goal is to make a budget gaming PC that can still play games like WoW, phantasy star universe, and even battlefield 2 on max quality. Now I know this seems like I'm asking for too much but I heard it can be done.

I hear that gigabyte is a good Mobo series, but the only thing is, I'm still learning about what certain motherboard have advantages over others, and how to tell if one type will fit with the card. So can the people of this forum please help me with it? :<.

Here is the case that I have: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1435578&CatId=1847

is it a good case for the system I am trying to build? Will ATX work? Thanks for the help in advance, I really need it XP

KingWaddleDee

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
Check out the Asus P5B-E. It has the ICH8R southbridge like the more expensive P5Bs but only one PCI Express x16 slot. The P5B Deluxe adds a second x16 slot and the Deluxe WiFi also has wireless.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131070

Ah, now what are the differences between this and the Gigabyte DS3? Which would you recommend?

Actually what are the differences between the DS3,4,5 or 6? Does the quality as well as price get better as it goes up? Or is the DS3 similar to the C2D E6300 in the fact that it may not be the best in the line, but it's the most bang for your buck?