ASRock Releases Yet Another A85X Based Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
[citation][nom]The-Darkening[/nom]4 slots of ram could have been better. Oh well...[/citation]

This.

But you can see, it there was just no room on the board for it. $80 is a steal for that feature set though.

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
[citation][nom]The-Darkening[/nom]4 slots of ram could have been better. Oh well...[/citation]
It's odd to see a board labeled as "Pro" and only have 2 RAM slots, especially when Asus's "Pro" boards are usually their second-from-the-top behind their Deluxe models (and their ROG boards I suppose).

Though with 8GB DIMMs now down to appropriate prices and 16GB DIMMs emerging you could still drop 32GB in this and do whatever you want. If you need more RAM than that you should probably be looking at another socket/chipset anyway. I'm not really sure what use case requires 32GB of RAM and an APU.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]WithoutWeakness[/nom]It's odd to see a board labeled as "Pro" and only have 2 RAM slots, especially when Asus's "Pro" boards are usually their second-from-the-top behind their Deluxe models (and their ROG boards I suppose).Though with 8GB DIMMs now down to appropriate prices and 16GB DIMMs emerging you could still drop 32GB in this and do whatever you want. If you need more RAM than that you should probably be looking at another socket/chipset anyway. I'm not really sure what use case requires 32GB of RAM and an APU.[/citation]

Generally 8 RAM sticks will have more bandwidth than 4 sticks even at the same MHz and CL timing. And you know how much AMD's APUs crave for bandwidth.

Novulux

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
[citation][nom]WithoutWeakness[/nom]It's odd to see a board labeled as "Pro" and only have 2 RAM slots, especially when Asus's "Pro" boards are usually their second-from-the-top behind their Deluxe models (and their ROG boards I suppose).[/citation]

Good thing this isn't about Asus then. (The phrasing makes it seem like you referring to it as such although I'm sure you are just referring to Asus's prevalence in the market?)

PrvtChurch

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
[citation][nom]Novulux[/nom]Good thing this isn't about Asus then. (The phrasing makes it seem like you referring to it as such although I'm sure you are just referring to Asus's prevalence in the market?)[/citation]
Asrock used to be the OEM division of ASUS. That's probably what he is referring to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS