Russian firmware for scanners ?

Hi,

It's not a joke : I'd like to know if there's some hacked firware for
the Coolscan V, allowing the use of a slide feeder.
I have a SF-200, but I don't want to buy a 5000 (too expensive); the V
looks very apealing, but isn't supposed to work with this item.
And 2nd hand 4000 are so expensive ...

In article <4228ec0e$0$2460$626a14ce@news.free.fr>, spf.ma
<spf.ma@free.fr> writes
>Hi,
>
>It's not a joke : I'd like to know if there's some hacked firware for
>the Coolscan V, allowing the use of a slide feeder.
>I have a SF-200, but I don't want to buy a 5000 (too expensive); the V
>looks very apealing, but isn't supposed to work with this item.
>And 2nd hand 4000 are so expensive ...

While your looking, if you come across any firmware hacks to make a Fiat
Cinquecento look and run like a Ferrari "(too expensive)" do let us all
know!! :)
--
Kennedy
A lovely little thinker, but a ah heck when he's pissed.

"Kennedy McEwen" <rkm@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> In article <4228ec0e$0$2460$626a14ce@news.free.fr>, spf.ma
> <spf.ma@free.fr> writes
> >Hi,
> >
> >It's not a joke : I'd like to know if there's some hacked firware for
> >the Coolscan V, allowing the use of a slide feeder.
> >I have a SF-200, but I don't want to buy a 5000 (too expensive); the V
> >looks very apealing, but isn't supposed to work with this item.
> >And 2nd hand 4000 are so expensive ...
>
> While your looking, if you come across any firmware hacks to make a Fiat
> Cinquecento look and run like a Ferrari "(too expensive)" do let us all
> know!! :)

Well, I know that you know a lot about scanning. From our experience in
digicams field, some functions in some cameras are intentionally turned off
by some manufacturers in order to make you use (and buy) a more expensive
model. There exist some hacked firmware for certain cameras with the
functions "turned on". In a way there could be the case with some scanners
too. Cinquecento will never look and run like a Ferrari, Canon 300D will
never either look or run as fast as 20D, but som functions can be turned on.
So, what about some functions in some scanners?

TRENDING THREADS