brandy

Distinguished
May 14, 2004

I have photos backed up on a DVD, and I've been rearranging/re-filing my
pictures into folders. My DVD is a Toshiba DVD-Rom SD-R5002. I'm cutting
and pasting photos into folders, and when I back out to do more cutting and
pasting, other folders have disappeared and will not show up again until
I've rebooted my computer. Once I reboot, the folders and all of the files
in there are perfectly intact, but it's a major pain having to reboot so
often and it's very frustrating. Does anyone have any ideas about what I
can do to fix this problem or why it's happening? TIA :)

Brandy
Say goodnight Gracie... Goodnight Gracie

there is no reason to CUT, and paste, rather you should COPY and paste since
your dvd is probably a read only disk.

"Brandy" <cognac30@cox.net> wrote in message
>I have photos backed up on a DVD, and I've been rearranging/re-filing my
>pictures into folders. My DVD is a Toshiba DVD-Rom SD-R5002. I'm cutting
>and pasting photos into folders, and when I back out to do more cutting and
>pasting, other folders have disappeared and will not show up again until
>I've rebooted my computer. Once I reboot, the folders and all of the files
>in there are perfectly intact, but it's a major pain having to reboot so
>often and it's very frustrating. Does anyone have any ideas about what I
>can do to fix this problem or why it's happening? TIA :)
>
> Brandy
> Say goodnight Gracie... Goodnight Gracie

brandy

Distinguished
May 14, 2004

I'll give that a try. I'm cutting and pasting because I don't want the
pictures in multiple locations, I just want them in the folders I'm pasting
to, but I'll try copying instead, and F5 for refresh. Thanks so much. :)

"Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
> there is no reason to CUT, and paste, rather you should COPY and paste
> since
> your dvd is probably a read only disk.
>
> "Brandy" <cognac30@cox.net> wrote in message
>>I have photos backed up on a DVD, and I've been rearranging/re-filing my
>>pictures into folders. My DVD is a Toshiba DVD-Rom SD-R5002. I'm cutting
>>and pasting photos into folders, and when I back out to do more cutting
>>and pasting, other folders have disappeared and will not show up again
>>until I've rebooted my computer. Once I reboot, the folders and all of
>>the files in there are perfectly intact, but it's a major pain having to
>>reboot so often and it's very frustrating. Does anyone have any ideas
>>about what I can do to fix this problem or why it's happening? TIA :)
>>
>> Brandy
>> Say goodnight Gracie... Goodnight Gracie

also try to press F5 to refresh the explorer window

"Brandy" <cognac30@cox.net> wrote in message
>I have photos backed up on a DVD, and I've been rearranging/re-filing my
>pictures into folders. My DVD is a Toshiba DVD-Rom SD-R5002. I'm cutting
>and pasting photos into folders, and when I back out to do more cutting and
>pasting, other folders have disappeared and will not show up again until
>I've rebooted my computer. Once I reboot, the folders and all of the files
>in there are perfectly intact, but it's a major pain having to reboot so
>often and it's very frustrating. Does anyone have any ideas about what I
>can do to fix this problem or why it's happening? TIA :)
>
> Brandy
> Say goodnight Gracie... Goodnight Gracie

"Brandy" <cognac30@cox.net> wrote in message
> I have photos backed up on a DVD, and I've been rearranging/re-filing my
> pictures into folders. My DVD is a Toshiba DVD-Rom SD-R5002. I'm cutting
> and pasting photos into folders, and when I back out to do more cutting
and
> pasting, other folders have disappeared and will not show up again until
> I've rebooted my computer.

Does View -> Refresh also make them show up?

I've noticed a problem with Explorer. If you have a complex structure of
folders containing lots of pictures it sometimes develops a problem similar
to this. The view on screen doesn't automatically update when you make a
change. For example if you rename a folder the old name remains until you do
View -> Refresh. The MVP Kelly has a fix on her web site but it only seems
to work for awhile then the problem returns (at least on my PC).

Colin