Scanner to Printer

With Windows 98 and a HP Scanner on a SCSI board, I could
scan and have it go directly to the printer. It was a very
nice home copy machine. With my current scanners, I can
not find software to do this. Anyone have a clue?
Brey
3 answers Last reply
More about scanner printer

    The free version of Photocopier for Windows by Nico Cuppen can do that,
    but you have to manually start the program. The 'Pro' version can be set up
    so that the copier's front panel button(s) do it directly when pressed.
    http://www.nicocuppen.com

    "Brey" <NoSpamAbrey@NoSpamcox.net> wrote in message
    > With Windows 98 and a HP Scanner on a SCSI board, I could
    > scan and have it go directly to the printer. It was a very
    > nice home copy machine. With my current scanners, I can
    > not find software to do this. Anyone have a clue?
    > Brey

    fOn Sat, 05 Mar 2005 19:38:01 GMT in alt.comp.periphs.scanner, "RSD99"
    <rsdwla.NOSPAM@gte.net> wrote:

    >"Brey" <NoSpamAbrey@NoSpamcox.net> wrote in message
    >> With Windows 98 and a HP Scanner on a SCSI board, I could
    >> scan and have it go directly to the printer. It was a very
    >> nice home copy machine. With my current scanners, I can
    >> not find software to do this. Anyone have a clue?

    >The free version of Photocopier for Windows by Nico Cuppen can do that,
    >but you have to manually start the program. The 'Pro' version can be set up
    >so that the copier's front panel button(s) do it directly when pressed.
    >http://www.nicocuppen.com

    You can setup registry entries like the following export (Win98SE):

    REGEDIT4

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Class\Image\0000\Events]

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Class\Image\0000\Events\GreenButton]
    @="Green Scan Button Press"
    "GUID"="{AD879F40-0982-11d1-A43B-080009EEBDF6}"
    "LaunchApplications"="HP PrecisionScan LT"

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Class\Image\0000\Events\CopyButton]
    @="Green Copy Button Press"
    "GUID"="{B38E1061-65AB-11d1-A43B-080009EEBDF6}"
    "LaunchApplications"="HP ScanJet Copy Utility"

    where GUID is the Windows registry identifier for the program to open.

    Brian.Inglis@CSi.com (Brian[dot]Inglis{at}SystematicSW[dot]ab[dot]ca)
    fake address use address above to reply
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

    Fax: 513-528-3470Brey wrote:
    > With Windows 98 and a HP Scanner on a SCSI board, I could
    > scan and have it go directly to the printer. It was a very
    > nice home copy machine. With my current scanners, I can
    > not find software to do this. Anyone have a clue?
    > Brey

    Brey,
    We at ScanHelp.com have a piece of software that can do that and much
    more. You can check it out at our web site, www.scanehelp.com. It is
    called Art-Copy, and the free shareware version will go to printer with
    no limitations. If you want the advanced functions you could purchase
    it for $29.95.

    Thanks,

    Clarence Klopfstein

    Jetsoft Development Co.
    629 Old St Rt. 74 ­ Suite 210
    Cincinnati, Oh 45244
    Custom Programming Web Site: www.jetsoftdev.com
    Retail Products Web Site: www.scanhelp.com
    Phone: 513-528-6660

Scanners Hewlett Packard Printers Peripherals