Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Scanner to Printer

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
Anonymous
a b α HP
March 5, 2005 2:04:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

With Windows 98 and a HP Scanner on a SCSI board, I could
scan and have it go directly to the printer. It was a very
nice home copy machine. With my current scanners, I can
not find software to do this. Anyone have a clue?
Brey

More about : scanner printer

Anonymous
a b α HP
March 5, 2005 10:38:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

The free version of Photocopier for Windows by Nico Cuppen can do that,
but you have to manually start the program. The 'Pro' version can be set up
so that the copier's front panel button(s) do it directly when pressed.
http://www.nicocuppen.com




"Brey" <NoSpamAbrey@NoSpamcox.net> wrote in message
news:QwmWd.44768$xt.19099@fed1read07...
> With Windows 98 and a HP Scanner on a SCSI board, I could
> scan and have it go directly to the printer. It was a very
> nice home copy machine. With my current scanners, I can
> not find software to do this. Anyone have a clue?
> Brey
Anonymous
a b α HP
March 6, 2005 10:22:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

fOn Sat, 05 Mar 2005 19:38:01 GMT in alt.comp.periphs.scanner, "RSD99"
<rsdwla.NOSPAM@gte.net> wrote:

>"Brey" <NoSpamAbrey@NoSpamcox.net> wrote in message
>news:QwmWd.44768$xt.19099@fed1read07...
>> With Windows 98 and a HP Scanner on a SCSI board, I could
>> scan and have it go directly to the printer. It was a very
>> nice home copy machine. With my current scanners, I can
>> not find software to do this. Anyone have a clue?

>The free version of Photocopier for Windows by Nico Cuppen can do that,
>but you have to manually start the program. The 'Pro' version can be set up
>so that the copier's front panel button(s) do it directly when pressed.
>http://www.nicocuppen.com

You can setup registry entries like the following export (Win98SE):

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Class\Image\0000\Events]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Class\Image\0000\Events\GreenButton]
@="Green Scan Button Press"
"GUID"="{AD879F40-0982-11d1-A43B-080009EEBDF6}"
"LaunchApplications"="HP PrecisionScan LT"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Class\Image\0000\Events\CopyButton]
@="Green Copy Button Press"
"GUID"="{B38E1061-65AB-11d1-A43B-080009EEBDF6}"
"LaunchApplications"="HP ScanJet Copy Utility"

where GUID is the Windows registry identifier for the program to open.

--
Thanks. Take care, Brian Inglis Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Brian.Inglis@CSi.com (Brian[dot]Inglis{at}SystematicSW[dot]ab[dot]ca)
fake address use address above to reply
Anonymous
a b α HP
March 6, 2005 12:03:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

Fax: 513-528-3470Brey wrote:
> With Windows 98 and a HP Scanner on a SCSI board, I could
> scan and have it go directly to the printer. It was a very
> nice home copy machine. With my current scanners, I can
> not find software to do this. Anyone have a clue?
> Brey

Brey,
We at ScanHelp.com have a piece of software that can do that and much
more. You can check it out at our web site, www.scanehelp.com. It is
called Art-Copy, and the free shareware version will go to printer with
no limitations. If you want the advanced functions you could purchase
it for $29.95.

Thanks,

Clarence Klopfstein

Jetsoft Development Co.
629 Old St Rt. 74 ­ Suite 210
Cincinnati, Oh 45244
Custom Programming Web Site: www.jetsoftdev.com
Retail Products Web Site: www.scanhelp.com
Phone: 513-528-6660
!