I have 3 PC's at home and I need to activate them all and a box pops up and
tells me I exceeded the # of time I can activate. What can I do?

Hi,

Do you have a separate license for each, or did you install the same copy on
all of them? You cannot do the latter.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Mark O." <mawiod@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>I have 3 PC's at home and I need to activate them all and a box pops up and
> tells me I exceeded the # of time I can activate. What can I do?

Windows XP requires an individual license (Product Key) for
each installation on a different computer. Therefore, you will
need to purchase a new license for each additional installation
of Windows XP. However, you can use the same Windows XP
CD to install with a new Product Key.

In case you overlooked it:

On the back of the Windows XP box, please read the statement:

"For installation and use on one computer"
(see License Agreement for license terms).

Go to Start >Run box type: WINVER , and hit enter. Then click on the
"End-User License Agreement" and read it. Your answer
lies in that agreement.

You can also open XP's "Help and Support" and type: EULA
and hit enter. Click on "Questions and answers about the EULA".

How to obtain additional licenses for Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;814175&Product=winxp

How To Change the Product Key at the Time of Activation
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810892&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Mark O." wrote:

| I have 3 PC's at home and I need to activate them all and a box pops up and
| tells me I exceeded the # of time I can activate. What can I do?

"Mark O." <mawiod@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>I have 3 PC's at home and I need to activate them all and a box pops up
>and
> tells me I exceeded the # of time I can activate. What can I do?

Dial the telephone number that it tells you to call. Bet Microsoft will
inform you that you need *3* copies of Windows XP to install on *3*
computers. Of course, I suppose you could use a drive tray to keep
moving around the hard drive from host to host (but the hardware wizard
will probably get trigger on bootup).