XP Access

I have 3 PC's at home and I need to activate them all and a box pops up and
tells me I exceeded the # of time I can activate. What can I do?
3 answers Last reply
More about access

    Hi,

    Do you have a separate license for each, or did you install the same copy on
    all of them? You cannot do the latter.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Mark O." <mawiod@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >I have 3 PC's at home and I need to activate them all and a box pops up and
    > tells me I exceeded the # of time I can activate. What can I do?

    Windows XP requires an individual license (Product Key) for
    each installation on a different computer. Therefore, you will
    need to purchase a new license for each additional installation
    of Windows XP. However, you can use the same Windows XP
    CD to install with a new Product Key.

    In case you overlooked it:

    On the back of the Windows XP box, please read the statement:

    "For installation and use on one computer"
    (see License Agreement for license terms).

    Go to Start >Run box type: WINVER , and hit enter. Then click on the
    "End-User License Agreement" and read it. Your answer
    lies in that agreement.

    You can also open XP's "Help and Support" and type: EULA
    and hit enter. Click on "Questions and answers about the EULA".

    How to obtain additional licenses for Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;814175&Product=winxp

    How To Change the Product Key at the Time of Activation
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810892&Product=winxp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Mark O." wrote:

    | I have 3 PC's at home and I need to activate them all and a box pops up and
    | tells me I exceeded the # of time I can activate. What can I do?

    "Mark O." <mawiod@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >I have 3 PC's at home and I need to activate them all and a box pops up
    >and
    > tells me I exceeded the # of time I can activate. What can I do?

    Dial the telephone number that it tells you to call. Bet Microsoft will
    inform you that you need *3* copies of Windows XP to install on *3*
    computers. Of course, I suppose you could use a drive tray to keep
    moving around the hard drive from host to host (but the hardware wizard
    will probably get trigger on bootup).

Microsoft Windows XP