unable to access https sites

I am unable to access https sites where I am required to log on with a
password.

Do I need to alter my settings?

Thanks
Andy
5 answers Last reply
More about unable access https sites

    Hi Andy,

    HOW TO: Troubleshoot Situations Where You Cannot Complete MSN Sign-up or
    Connect to SSL Secured (128-Bit) Web Sites by Using Internet Explorer in
    Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813444

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Norman" <bulldog@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I am unable to access https sites where I am required to log on with a
    > password.
    >
    > Do I need to alter my settings?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Andy

    Thanks Rick.
    I had already tried what was on that web page and it didn't help.
    I am thinking of doing a clean install as at the moment XP is installed over
    98SE which had some problems, although not the same ones I am having now. I
    thought the upgrade may have fixed things.

    Andy

    > Hi Andy,
    >
    > HOW TO: Troubleshoot Situations Where You Cannot Complete MSN Sign-up or
    > Connect to SSL Secured (128-Bit) Web Sites by Using Internet Explorer in
    > Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813444
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "Norman" <bulldog@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >I am unable to access https sites where I am required to log on with a
    > > password.
    > >
    > > Do I need to alter my settings?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > Andy

    "Norman" <bulldog@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I am unable to access https sites where I am required to log on with a
    > password.
    >
    > Do I need to alter my settings?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Andy

    Make sure your firewall is not blocking port 443. See also
    http://windows-help.net/WindowsXP/troub-10.html
    http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers2.htm#secure_sites
    http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/data/jjblack.htm
    How to troubleshoot problems accessing secure Web pages with Internet
    Explorer 6 Service Pack 2
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=870700

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    How can I check whether firewall is blocking any port or not. and how can I
    unblock one. Does xp's firewall block ports too.
    TIA

    "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > "Norman" <bulldog@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > I am unable to access https sites where I am required to log on with a
    > > password.
    > >
    > > Do I need to alter my settings?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > Andy
    >
    > Make sure your firewall is not blocking port 443. See also
    > http://windows-help.net/WindowsXP/troub-10.html
    > http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers2.htm#secure_sites
    > http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/data/jjblack.htm
    > How to troubleshoot problems accessing secure Web pages with Internet
    > Explorer 6 Service Pack 2
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=870700
    >
    > --
    > Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    > http://www.fjsmjs.com
    > Protect your PC

    I don't think the WinXP firewall blocks outgoing ports. As to how you
    check, that depends on the firewall.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    "J.C.De" <jcd16@refid.com> wrote in message
    > How can I check whether firewall is blocking any port or not. and how
    > can I unblock one. Does xp's firewall block ports too.
    > TIA
    >
    > "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >> "Norman" <bulldog@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> I am unable to access https sites where I am required to log on
    >>> with a password.
    >>>
    >>> Do I need to alter my settings?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>> Andy
    >>
    >> Make sure your firewall is not blocking port 443. See also
    >> http://windows-help.net/WindowsXP/troub-10.html
    >> http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers2.htm#secure_sites
    >> http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/data/jjblack.htm
    >> How to troubleshoot problems accessing secure Web pages with Internet
    >> Explorer 6 Service Pack 2
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=870700
    >>
    >> --
    >> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE