Premium Neopets

Has it been opened up to everyone now? I've gone to
http://premium.neopets.com/ twice this week and gotten a page to sign up,
not a "Beta is Full" screen. I'm debating if it's worth it. Does anyone
here have Premium Neopets?

-Lois

For me it says -

Welcome to Neopets Premium Services Page
We are only offering a limited number of test trials each day so please
check back soon to see if any new spots have opened up.
Thanks for coming!

Meh... same ole thing :(
Jean

"gsulois" <gsulois@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Has it been opened up to everyone now? I've gone to
> http://premium.neopets.com/ twice this week and gotten a page to sign up,
> not a "Beta is Full" screen. I'm debating if it's worth it. Does anyone
> here have Premium Neopets?
>
> -Lois

>For me it says -
>
>Welcome to Neopets Premium Services Page
>We are only offering a limited number of test trials each day so please
>check back soon to see if any new spots have opened up.
>Thanks for coming!
>
>Meh... same ole thing :(
>Jean

Hmm... I got that for weeks and weeks too, now I just checked again and
the sign-up info is still there. Wonder why, do they really want me to
join that badly? ;)

$7.99 a month but I'm not sure I like the set-up of the new pages.
Different themes to pages if you want...
"Features Include:
NEOPETS PORTAL and the NEOPETS TOOLBAR!
Your own Neopets Username@Neomail.com address
Neopets Emoticons ( *I've seen these emoticons on the boards, so I'm not
sure if they're really a special thing. They're the little faces that
look like each pet.*-L )
Spell Checker
E-mail access through the Neopets Portal
HTML formatting for all E-mail
Unique Random Events and Special Items for all Neopets Webmail Users
100MB of Storage for your Inbox, Send/receive up to 10MB of Attachments "
And weekly space faerie scratch cards.

Plus, 1000nps a month, which won't get you far!
And an avie, wonder what it looks like, I love avies!

Anyone have the toolbar? It's free. http://toolbar.neopets.com/ Never
seen that before either, I don't think.

Eh, all in all can't justify the expense right now, unless someone here
has it and can sing it's praises!

-Lois, has a hard time parting with money!

If it was available, I would happily pay a small subscription fee to be free
of the ad nonsense that is inevitably part of a free site. Sponsor games, I
don't mind at all - not haivng a child and having some control of my
faculties when it comes to advertising. But the increasingly invasive
nature of the ad banners is grating.

"gsulois" <gsulois@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Has it been opened up to everyone now? I've gone to
> http://premium.neopets.com/ twice this week and gotten a page to sign up,
> not a "Beta is Full" screen. I'm debating if it's worth it. Does anyone
> here have Premium Neopets?
>
> -Lois

"gsulois" <gsulois@nospam.com> wrote in

> Has it been opened up to everyone now? I've gone to
> http://premium.neopets.com/ twice this week and gotten a page to sign up,
> not a "Beta is Full" screen. I'm debating if it's worth it. Does anyone
> here have Premium Neopets?
>
> -Lois

We are only offering a limited number of test trials each day so please
check back soon to see if any new spots have opened up.

Thanks for coming!

justnotworthit

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
If anyone still cares, I signed up for Neopets premium but will be canceling it. Everything is pretty much the same. The "portal" is just a page with your favorites - a favorites tab from Firefox is easier to use and much faster to load. There are no ads, but any add-on that removes ads will do the same thing for free. Aside from a weekly "lottery" from which you get a 300NP item + 500 or 600 NP (meaningless, IMHO), there are no extra random events or extra prizes. There is an "improved" shop wizard, but he will do 3 or 4 searches and then be "tired" for an hour. You can go "stealth" so that people can't tell when you were online last, which i don't care either way. IMHO, definitely not worth it.

What would make it worth it? Make it so that the "Super Shop Wizard" can do as many searches as we want. Make exclusive games. Exclusive items. Discount NC. Get us a toolbar that we can add our favorite buttons and remove the ones we don't want - like the shopping.com button.

If you still want to try it, they'll give you a 15 day free trial, but you must have a credit card. You must remember to cancel it before those 15 days are up, otherwise you get billed for it.

If all you want is to get rid of the ads & banners, try AdBlock Plus
(for Firefox). Not sure about Internet Explorer but I imagine there must be something out there.

Good luck :)