HP iPAQ hx4700 Pocket PC

a b α HP
February 16, 2005 11:35:17 AM

I currently own an IPAQ 3900 series pocket pc, but I am considering upgrading
to the IPAQ hx4700 series. Has anyone had any experience with the new model?
Any particular likes or dislikes?

More about : ipaq hx4700 pocket

Anonymous
a b α HP
February 16, 2005 12:06:11 PM

Take a look at this group, lots of info:

http://discussion.brighthand.com/forumdisplay.php?s=d38...

Craig Enders

"Candace" <Candace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I currently own an IPAQ 3900 series pocket pc, but I am considering
upgrading
> to the IPAQ hx4700 series. Has anyone had any experience with the new
model?
> Any particular likes or dislikes?
February 16, 2005 7:42:41 PM

I am pleaseed with it, but the mouse pad seems a bit of a novelty, and if
you are in some programs like picture viewers, the mouse action is no good
(no back and forward action)

John

"Candace" <Candace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I currently own an IPAQ 3900 series pocket pc, but I am considering
>upgrading
> to the IPAQ hx4700 series. Has anyone had any experience with the new
> model?
> Any particular likes or dislikes?
a b α HP
February 17, 2005 6:26:06 PM

I am more than pleased with my 4700, it is so much better than my Toshiba
machine. the display is very good. the Bluetooth and wi-fi have also worked
well for me.

The fundamental problem with all these pocket PCs, that is the losable
stylus is partly addressed by the mouse pad as I am now finding out...

I also find the mouse pad useful as a way of cutting down the wear on the
screen although I do have a screen protector.

The plastic screen guard is another useful feature, but I have abandoned
that for a Sena leather case.

Regards

John
"Candace" <Candace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I currently own an IPAQ 3900 series pocket pc, but I am considering
upgrading
> to the IPAQ hx4700 series. Has anyone had any experience with the new
model?
> Any particular likes or dislikes?
February 17, 2005 7:10:04 PM

I love the IPAQ hx4700

Likes:
- More memory for more applications
- A brilliant display with SVGA resolution (640x480) making images and text
very crisp
- The mousepad is very nice, enabling you to operate your pocketPC without
removing and replacing the stylus every few minutes
- Processor is fast
- Dual memory slots (CF and SD)

Dislikes:
- Software is not yet up to snuff--problems with Microsoft Reader, poor
image quality in older programs, Internet Explorer does not take full
advantage of the improved resolution
- It's easy to "lock" the battery when sliding the device into or out of a
case (forcing a soft reset)
- Sometimes the mousepad is hard to use (could be improved with better
software) as the pad is small

!