P5W DH DELUXE is it worth it ???

Dredge_3d

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2006
hay ppl i am about to upgrade and i just cant conclude on which motherboard i should go for, for instance there are a lot of threads here that say that P5B Deluxe is good and some say that P5W DH Deluxe is good. i am not a big fan of overclocking but a slight push in the FSB i wount mind :lol:

i wount be adjusting the voltage frequency a lot, to some up i would use the board and E6600 the way they come

Help needed in deciding, HURRY! PLEASE

AKJ

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2006
Hi, I own a P5W DH Deluxe MoBo and im very happy. Im no hardcore overclocker tho, but so far i havent had any issues with the board. It has cool features (im sure youve done research on it already) and i find that gaming performance is up there with the best.

I would recommend it..
If you have any questions about it, feel free to ask :)

Dredge_3d

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2006
I would recommend it..
If you have any questions about it, feel free to ask :)

hi there thanx for the real quick reply
i would like to know that if this board is faster than P5N32-SLI

and ofcourse i am kinda new to INTEL, can i hook up two cards on P5W DH ????

AKJ

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2006
Well, from what limited knowledge i have, the 975x is pretty impresive.. Its a strong performer. It should be faster than the P5N32-SLI
board, which uses the older nForce 4 chipset..

The downside though, is that you wont have full 16x SLI bandwidth with the P5W DH Deluxe.. Thats where the P5N32-SLI is stronger.

But honestly, is SLI worthit? I mean, you gona spend twice the money, but you dont get twice the performance. Rather get one strong card.. Get a 7900GTX :D

Dredge_3d

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2006
yeah i think you are rite here
i was actually waiting for 8800GTX to arrive
and from what i hear i dont think i will need another card for a long time

just wanted to know one more thing if i can plug in Agia Phisix card in it or not ?????? or Agia is PCI slot card ? :?:

AKJ

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2006
Sure you can. It needs a PCI slot, which any Motherboard will have.
8800GTX sounds good man! Jeez :D

Um by the way, i think you gona be wasting money on a Physics card.. Check out some reviews or start another post on that. See what the other dudes say, but it wont improve performance much, thats for sure. Im talking like 2-3 frames improvements...

Dredge_3d

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2006
but i think some sites had the review of those cards
they are real eye candy in games when it comes to graphics and explosions... i was nore interested in that rather than 3 frame increase
what do ya say
???

GrimReaperGuy

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2006
The Ageia PhysX card will provide additional detail in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter.
The full list of games that do/will support the card can be found at:
http://www.ageia.com/physx/titles.html

To be honest I would say it's not worth it, the new GPUs are capable of physics acceleration, and if worst comes to worst, simply buy the PhysX card once the titles you are awaiting become available. Given the current number of titles supporting the overpriced piece of hardware, I would say give it a miss.

Back to the original point, the ASUS P5W DH Deluxe is an excellent motherboard, and I would recomment it highly; the only thing I could suggest more highly would be the Gigabyte DQ6 if you're running a single card.
Yes I believe the price is justified.

AKJ

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2006
At the end of the day, its all about how much cash you're willing to spend.
Im a South African, a Physics Card costs R2800 (Rands), which is an awefull lot of money.

So, if you feel that it would improve your visual experience while gaming, then go for it hey. It can only make your pc better, so you wont go wrong really. I just think its too expensive, and you dont get a huge benifit from it. (My opinion)

Just make sure your PSU will be able to deliver the power your pc will require though.

Check out this Power Supply calculator: http://www.extreme.outervision.com/index.jsp

Dredge_3d

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2006
thanx guys its been grate help but another issue has risen to the occasion :oops:
some one just told me to wait till 680i comes :?: SHOULD I ??????
is i any better while no overclocking ????

AKJ

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2006
You gona drive yoursel crazy if you always wana wait for the next best thing. There comes a time when you just have to decide..

Just buy the P5W DH Deluxe man :) Dont stress, spend more money on your GFX card and RAM so you'll have enough for Vista.

Dredge_3d

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2006
thanx mate for the advice

so its done thanx to you guys for helping me out in the board for me to decide

if i have any other issues related to intel i would definitly come to this place for sure

thanx again :lol:

Eurasianman

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Agreed with the guy before you. I own an ASUS P5W DH Deluxe mobo coupled with an E6600, Corsair XMS2 6400C4, and an ATI X1900XT and I couldn't be happier. Use to use an AMD Athlon 64 with an nForce 3 250GB. Wasn't bad, but after going back to Intel, I can say I'm glad that I made the switch. For future reference, the P5W DH Deluxe will support the Core 2 Quad's :wink: Just check my signature :tongue:

t1ng0t

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2006
If you are not going to overclock and you are going to stick with a single GPU solution, try looking for mainstream boards using the 965 chipset (Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 or GA-965P-S3 / Asus P5B).

You can still go for the P5W DH, if it has a feature that you consider must-have. Otherwise you are just going to buy potential performance that you will not use. And that would be a wasted money.

Swany420

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
did anyone have any problems overclocking with this board? because i read a lot of forumz and they said they cant change the FSB

Dredge_3d

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2006
hey
need to ask one more question :oops:
will a 500 watt supply be good enuf to handle 8800GTX with E6600 or i need more ?

GrimReaperGuy

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2006
Running at stock, most likely. Make sure the PSU has two PCI-E connectors, though.
If you are going to overclock, I would suggest heading a little up the ladder to a 600W or so.

Eurasianman

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
I apologize to the auther about this thread hijack...

Dredge, I have an OCZ GameXStream 700W which is on par. When you buy a PSU, look for efficiency. And make sure your cables are long enough for your case. It really depends on how much money you have.

My thoughts, buy a new card first and if your computer isn't stable, than buy a newer PSU. When you get to this point, create a new thread! lol!

Doughbuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
PSU wise, OCZ has the best PSU for the money, Antec Trio is nice, Seasonic, FSP, Enermax, TT Toughpower, PC P&C, Silverstone Zeus are all great brands and can deliver.

If your willing to wait a bit longer, you can get the new RD600 chipset on the DFI Lanparty Series, that looks like it will be the best Conroe board out there, many expectations for it...

http://hardware.gotfrag.com/portal/story/34880/

Swany420

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
can this board overclock well and what does a FSB barrier mean????

also if i dont run crossfire then will the 16x express slot be 16x or will it still be 8x ?

and is the abit AW9D max better then this board.... becvause this board has more pci slots compared to the abit that has only 1 which could become a problem...

Eurasianman

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Think about it. "Barrier" What are barriers for? LOL

FSB Barrier is like saying a FSB wall. Meaning, you can't go past it.

As far as slots, depends on how many you plan on using. Yes, if you don't do crossfire, then the PCI Express gets all 16 lanes. But remember, most high end graphics cards take up two slots.

*sighs* I wish motherboard manufacturers would quit putting slots next the PCI express... especially in Crossfire/SLI boards because they know most high end users won't be able to use them. I guess we really should move on to eATX. (extended ATX meaning longer boards)

t1ng0t

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2006
the board can be overclocked but only to a certain extent. the 975x chipset has an fsb barrier at around 370mhz (last info that i read) while the newer 965 chipset has an fsb reaching until 500mhz which makes it a good overclocker for cpu's with lower multipliers (e6300-e6400).

hence, if you are getting a cpu with higher multipliers / unlocked multipliers (e6600-e6800) and want to overclock you can use a 975x based board since you will most likely hit the cpu's overclocking limit at a lower fsb.

500watts should be enough to handle th 8800gtx since the card has a peak usage of aroung 150watts. however, the more wattage the better for future upgrades but sli is pretty much out of the question right now given the 8800gtx's performance. no game right now can stress it that much.

mooney101

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2006
So with the new 680i out is the P5W DH DELUXE still worth it or is it outdated now? (i still prefer the P5W DH DELUXE witch I'm looking at getting IMO)

TRENDING THREADS