Newbie needs help to select 35mm scanner

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
March 10, 2005 6:05:16 AM

Thanks for the idea, but I am still on film for my photos. After this
project is done, I plan on getting a digital camera.

I do have access to a digital camera when my son comes to visit, so we
may try this.

Why a white mat board for a screen instead of a regular projection
screen?

I have a projector, it would be interesting to define it. It was my
parents, put in one slide turn the disk thing and put in another while
you look at the first one. no automation here (ha ha)

Thanks again,
Buffyb

--
buffyb
May 14, 2005 3:58:01 AM

I have recently purchased a Canon 9950F scanner to scan slides and old
negatives and I'm really
pleased with the results.
It has separate frames for 35mm film, mounted slides and large negatives (up
to 4x5).

My previous scanner, also a Canon would scan slides but only about 3 at a
time.
The new one will do 12 slides or 30 35mm negatives at a time.
After previewing, the scanning time per 12 mounted slides is around six
minutes.

The people in this group are very helpful, so you may get a lot of varying
opinions but I'm very happy with my new toy.
Good luck.
Noel

!