New to OCing, just a few questions and stuff...(C2D)

echoplex

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
Here's what I bought...

Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Dual Core Processor LGA775 Conroe 2.13GHZ 1066FSB 2MB Retail

ASUS P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe ATX LGA775 Conroe NFORCE4 SLI DDR2 2PCI-E16 SATA2 Sound 1394 Motherboard

The memory I have is in my sig...(Mushkin)

There is a FANTASTIC sticky in the CPU OC section of these forums and I will be following that sticky and using it as a guide. I do however have a few questions for the more "seasoned" OCing veterans out there.

The first question is about my after market cooling. I bought an Asus cooler some time ago and have never had a chance to use it until now. It will work with my board and C2D chip, right?

What are your opinions on this setup?

Thanks so much for your time. You guys are always very helpful. =)

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
As long as it fits in the LGA775 itll work on a C2D. The base seems rough tough, ild recommend some lapping.
Dont be let down if you cant get even a decent OC on that mobo tough.

echoplex

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
Thanks for your opinion.

I'm second guessing using that cooler as it's so heavy and may not provide adaquate cooling over the chipsets on the mobo. My case has awesome airflow but may still not be good enough considering.

I'm really not ready to OC just yet as I've not read enough material to feel confident that I won't blow up my new parts. When I do OC, I'll use the stock cooler as many people state they can achieve a decent OC. The problem, as you mentioned, will be with the mobo itself.

Unfortunately, C2D mobos that support SLI were hard for me to find. I wasn't sure what to go with. I needed the mobo to support SLI since I have 2 7900s I'd like to use.

Does anyone know if new BIOS revisions on the ASUS P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe have at least fixed the incorrect voltage being displayed in the BIOS?

Thanks again, rwaritsdario.