Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Can We Increase Memory Of Inbuilt Gfx Card

Last response: in Overclocking
November 6, 2006 12:34:44 PM

hey man i want know if i can increase my memory of inbuilt gfx by shring memory of Ram Pls help me if u know or we can't
November 6, 2006 1:03:06 PM

Please help me by letting me know your full system and the exact name of your motherboard
November 6, 2006 1:04:40 PM

If you check in the BIOS, it will sometimes let you modify the amount of RAM that your onboard graphics uses. Keep in mind on board graphics simply isn't suitable for most graphically intensive applications.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b } Memory
a b K Overclocking
November 6, 2006 1:13:55 PM

hahahaha!
November 6, 2006 1:19:21 PM

Your knowledge was much appreciated on this topic. Here, have a goat.

Should have said this in my first post but there is a good chance that you can increase the video memory of your onboard(integrated) graphics, just tell us the full name of your motherboard and how much ram you have in your computer and we will try and find out for you.
November 6, 2006 2:15:19 PM

Quote:

Should have said this in my first post but there is a good chance that you can increase the video memory of your onboard(integrated) graphics, just tell us the full name of your motherboard and how much ram you have in your computer and we will try and find out for you.

Please avoid giving out goats in the future as this is against Forum policy. instead, please distribute kittens and puppies as we have limitless supplies.
November 6, 2006 2:27:14 PM

i apologize to you sir, next time i will hand out kittens and puppies galore!
November 6, 2006 2:29:23 PM

hey man mine's is p3 866 Mhz 128 Mb Ram and my inbuilt gfx is 4Mb
can i increase inbuilt gfx motherboard is "His" lpls help me bios is pheonix
November 6, 2006 2:32:57 PM

What is your motherboards Model Number.
November 6, 2006 2:39:40 PM

hey man i don't the model pls tell me the method i will try man
November 6, 2006 2:50:28 PM

So so sorry. No model number, no more memory for you or your Inbuilt GFx Card.
November 6, 2006 2:57:01 PM

wtf pls tell me the method let me try in my bios how can i know my model of motherboard tell me
November 6, 2006 2:58:05 PM

Open your case and look inside. You should see a brand at least, such as ASUS, ASRock, Gigabyte.... then tell me the numbers folowing the brand name.
November 6, 2006 3:00:32 PM

it can't be done without model no pls just tell me the m,ethod
November 6, 2006 3:02:23 PM

Lazy != replies.
November 6, 2006 3:03:38 PM

there is little/zero chance we can help you without knowing the mboard model number as then we can find the brand, user manuals etc.
November 6, 2006 3:04:48 PM

how to do it in bios pls tell me fast man
November 6, 2006 3:06:17 PM

there is a chip called maxtone on the motherboard pls now tell me
November 6, 2006 3:07:08 PM

Ok heres how you increase the # of ram.

Turn on the computer and press f5. Go into performance menu and select Inbuilt graphics card. Then go to memory, then select up to 64MB of ram to use for your video card.
November 6, 2006 3:08:27 PM

let me try now thanks a lot
November 6, 2006 3:16:36 PM

hey tried man no options come when i press F5 button any other method man pls tell me
November 6, 2006 3:17:49 PM

Oh darn. If I only knew the model number I could be of more help. Sorry.
November 6, 2006 3:19:26 PM

I have chose to cover all model numbers.

Press f1, f2,f3,f4,f5,f6,f7,f8,f9,f10,f11,f12
In the bios, Go to Perfomance, general options, Integrated options, basic config, General config. Then go to .... ah you get the point...

I HOPE.
November 6, 2006 3:19:39 PM

hey tell me ur email id i will send u the model no. tommorow pls can u tell or post my model no here ok pls tell me then

ok let me try
November 6, 2006 3:21:38 PM

You post your model number here. I will get the message as soon as you do and reply.
November 6, 2006 3:26:47 PM

Del, f1, f2, f10,... But yes, usualy its called Aperture size. If you can figure out where it is go for it. If not post your model number and I can tell you exactly where it is.
a b U Graphics card
November 6, 2006 3:34:51 PM

You can use Belarc Advisor (free) or HWInfo32 (trial) without opening the hood if you have problems figuring out you motherboard manufacturer and model number.
November 6, 2006 4:15:09 PM

If you can't figure out motherboard name or model #, perhaps you need Hooked on Phonics!

It's only $24.99...a steal if you ask me. :lol: 
November 6, 2006 4:16:44 PM

Eh, I assume hes not english, though the lazyness is.
November 6, 2006 4:31:11 PM

:D  I LOVE IT,,, :D 
November 6, 2006 5:33:33 PM

This has turned into a most fascinating thread. Close to zero on the informative side, yet, like a train wreck, you can't take your eyes off it 'till the bitter end...
November 6, 2006 6:02:07 PM

hay this is a serous thread. please do not hijack it with meaningless comments and interjectories. This man needs help pronto and I intend to fulfill my commitments I made to THG!

DO NOT INTERRUPT THIS IS A WORK ZONE.
November 6, 2006 6:16:29 PM

your the funniest person ever on THG
November 6, 2006 11:16:06 PM

my configuration is
Board: i810-NS366
Bus Clock: 144 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. 6.00 PG 01/08/2001

now pls tell me
November 7, 2006 11:04:01 AM

Oh, don't get me wrong, I was not even trying to be informative. Much like the original poster in asking the question the first 100 or so times. But he recently posted his config, so voila. Besides, Compita (or someone, at least) told him to increase Aperture Size. And, at the end of the day, based on something he posted earlier, he's just due for an upgrade and increasing it is not likely to result in material performace gains.

I think this is one of those cases where people should ask the real question (e.g. how do I improve performance in X). Seems to me that increasing memory allocated to GFX is a means, and not an end. Oh, and I think it's built-in, not inbuilt. I can think of, perhaps, inbred, as the word where in- is a prefix and not a suffix. But English is not my first language anyway...
November 7, 2006 11:34:28 AM

check the bios options
most of the time you can choose between following options:

8/16/32/64/128 MB shared

maybe 8 and 128 isn't available for you, depends on the mobo

so, it's not possible to choose something like 12 or 48,..

would you post please, why you need more video ram?

maybe you can better put an AGP/PCI-e GFX-card with 128 MB in your system.

if you mean the increasing the RAM on your AGP/PCI-e card, you can't
unless you've got some old matrox card, some of them can, but the it's cheaper to plug in a decent new card.

reply to Comptia_Rep:
correct me if i'm wrong but the aperture size ain't the memory for the gfx card, it's the RAM used between the gfx memory and the swap file on the drive.
but if you use onboard graphics, the graphics memory and de aperture size both will be the computers RAM.
November 7, 2006 12:27:14 PM

Quote:

Please avoid giving out goats in the future as this is against Forum policy. instead, please distribute kittens and puppies as we have limitless supplies.

To heck with the kittens and puppies. Well the puppies are ok if they're attached to a woman. We want more women as gifts.
If its good enough for a third world country then its good enough for us, women as gifts FTW!
November 7, 2006 12:42:43 PM

Quote:
check the bios options
most of the time you can choose between following options:

8/16/32/64/128 MB shared

maybe 8 and 128 isn't available for you, depends on the mobo

so, it's not possible to choose something like 12 or 48,..

would you post please, why you need more video ram?

maybe you can better put an AGP/PCI-e GFX-card with 128 MB in your system.

if you mean the increasing the RAM on your AGP/PCI-e card, you can't
unless you've got some old matrox card, some of them can, but the it's cheaper to plug in a decent new card.

reply to Comptia_Rep:
correct me if i'm wrong but the aperture size ain't the memory for the gfx card, it's the RAM used between the gfx memory and the swap file on the drive.
but if you use onboard graphics, the graphics memory and de aperture size both will be the computers RAM.

ROFL You have no idea what his computer is do you? PCI-e? C'mon at least read his posts before you give advice.

Anyways, It looks like you have an Aristo motherboard, of which I can not look up at work (foren). And talon was correct, Apature size is not the word I was looking for, and I cant remember what it is. Realisticly, you most likely can not change memory usage on that board, and if you could, it would not be significant (options should be 1,2,4,8). If that board had an AGP slot, get an older AGP card, if not get a PCI graphics card to improve your performance.

Otherwise, play around in the bios untill you see something related to the graphics (card) and change the value higher.
November 7, 2006 5:55:43 PM

No... his set up is screaming a user upgrade :)  Rofl.
November 8, 2006 1:43:24 AM

:wink:

You are right, of course, re: "integrated" term.

Also, I did not think Aperture was the correct term, but I Compita obviosuly has more experience. He misused the term, and I proliferated misinformation - sorry. Not that it really hurt anyone (oh, and if it weren't Compita-please forgive me for mentioning your name; it's unimportant, really).

Yeah, upgrade, or what Compita said. All the way. (if you need to increase integrated memory memory allocation, you've probably outgrown integrated graphics in the first place).
November 8, 2006 2:06:10 AM

Many i810 boards are set to automatically use 8Mb for video and then dynamically take more as needed (quite often up to 64MB)

Of course this won't actually do anything but make you lose your RAM.

More video memory is for running a higher res, both in 2d and 3d. 8MB should run up to 1600x1200 at 32bit for 2d, so its enough for non-professional monitors.

For 3d it won't help you do jack. The onboard (i810) video barely renders dx7 at 640x480, so giving it all the ram in the world won't help at all.

You want more video performance, buy a discreet card. If you don't have an AGP sot, get a GeForce 5500 PCI card.

If its a laptop, forget about it.
November 8, 2006 2:56:09 AM

Quote:
hey man i want know if i can increase my memory of inbuilt gfx by shring memory of Ram Pls help me if u know or we can't

u sir r lame

-Troll
-shouldnt own a computer
-TROLL

and no
November 8, 2006 3:02:16 AM

What is that supposed to mean?

Am I wrong?

We already have video cards that can't utilize the 512MB they come with. (7600gs 512MB, X1600pro 512MB) Video memory is only useful if the GPU can take use of it and the ram is clocked at an adequate speed.

Otherwise, its just for marketing. People think the more ram it has the faster is goes

I argued with a guy for an hour one day because he wanted more video ram for his old pentium iii laptop so he could play today's games. He got pissed when I told him if it was possible to add more, it wouldn't help
November 8, 2006 3:15:07 AM

yea, just from the start i knew he was BS
November 8, 2006 3:19:18 AM

Quote:
What is that supposed to mean?

Am I wrong?

We already have video cards that can't utilize the 512MB they come with. (7600gs 512MB, X1600pro 512MB) Video memory is only useful if the GPU can take use of it and the ram is clocked at an adequate speed.

Otherwise, its just for marketing. People think the more ram it has the faster is goes

I argued with a guy for an hour one day because he wanted more video ram for his old pentium iii laptop so he could play today's games. He got pissed when I told him if it was possible to add more, it wouldn't help

you made great points i hope he read what you typed

Anyway, I'm out. Tired of this thread. Night all
November 8, 2006 3:20:37 AM

:lol: 
November 8, 2006 3:30:20 AM

You may be able to change the amount of ram your on-board video uses in the bios,But it won't be significant and on-board video actually sucks at everything but the most basic games.Anything requiring intense video graphics will bog down huge so I suggest you buy a video card to put in the agp slot if you have one.Otherwise buy a new MB and then video card and go from there.Goodluck.

Dahak

AMD X2-4400+@2.4 S-939
EVGA NF4 SLI MB
2X7800GT IN SLI
2X1GIG DDR IN DC MODE
WD300GIG HD
EXTREME 19IN.MONITOR 1280X1024
ACE 520WATT PSU
COOLERMASTER MINI R120
November 8, 2006 3:45:59 AM

I refuse to belive he is a moron.

We need to help this man! GATHER ALL YOUR KNOWLEDGE and save this guy! Where is a 256mb ram chip that fits his board.... STAT.
!