Solution for Agfa Snapscan 1212u communication problem

Hello.

I upgraded my equipment to Windows XP and started getting this error:

++++ PROBLEM DESCRIPTION +++++
++++ SAT ERROR ID: A communication problem occurred.
Open the log file to find out more.
++++++++ERROR STRING: General SCSI error, <<detail>>
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The solution that I've found (after a year fiddling with it) is:

1) Open your ScanWise Setup Folder
e.g.: c:\program files\agfa\scanwise

2)Point and Click with the right mouse button on Scanwise.exe and
select "Properties"

3)Select the "Compability" folder
4)Check the box "Run this program in compability mode"
5)Select "Windows 95"
6)Click OK
7)Enjoy! ;-]

Jan

In article <1110637744.483595.302220@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
nntpstuffs@brasilia.br says...
> Hello.
>
> I upgraded my equipment to Windows XP and started getting this error:
>
> ++++ PROBLEM DESCRIPTION +++++
> ++++ SAT ERROR ID: A communication problem occurred.
> Open the log file to find out more.
> ++++++++ERROR STRING: General SCSI error, <<detail>>
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> The solution that I've found (after a year fiddling with it) is:
>
> 1) Open your ScanWise Setup Folder
> e.g.: c:\program files\agfa\scanwise
>
> 2)Point and Click with the right mouse button on Scanwise.exe and
> select "Properties"
>
> 3)Select the "Compability" folder
> 4)Check the box "Run this program in compability mode"
> 5)Select "Windows 95"
> 6)Click OK
> 7)Enjoy! ;-]

I had the same problem with an AGFA e20 and found that changing the
compatibility mode was the only way to get it working. Funny thing is
tho that my sister had the same scanner, also running XP and hers worked
no problem without having to tweak anything.
--
Cheers!

Jan