jeffery

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2002

Quite suddenly I have developed a problem. All the type seems to be backed
with yellow. Cannot find the cause, let alone how to rid myself of it.
Help please.
Jeffery.

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:22:47 -0000, Jeffery wrote:

> Quite suddenly I have developed a problem. All the type seems to be backed
> with yellow. Cannot find the cause, let alone how to rid myself of it.
> Help please.
> Jeffery.

Need more info. What is type: text that you are reading or words that you
are typing? and where? Is it all text or just some? In what programs?

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

jeffery

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2002

Text that I am looking at on screen, mostly in Word documents. Email and
web pages are ok.
Jeffery.

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 12:22:32 -0000, Jeffery wrote:

> Text that I am looking at on screen, mostly in Word documents. Email and
> web pages are ok.
> Jeffery.

Jeffery, it sounds like something got turned on in Word that you don't need
or want. Perhaps highlighting, smart tags or something else that I haven't
thought of or am not familiar with in the formatting settings. If unable to
turn this off, suggest you run the problem by the folks that hang out in
the Word newsgroups: http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

jeffery

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2002

Thanks, Sharon. Whatever it was it has disappeared this morning as quickly
as it started!

--
Best wishes,
Jeffery.

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 08:14:05 -0000, Jeffery wrote:

> Thanks, Sharon. Whatever it was it has disappeared this morning as quickly
> as it started!

I never know whether to be happy or sad when a problem goes away on its
own. It is wonderful that the problem is gone but it would have been nice
to know what it was, where it came from and how to eliminate it. Will keep
fingers crossed that this one doesn't come back to haunt you. :)

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User