Sign in with
Your question

Journal of Pervasive 64 bit Computing - ROFL

Last response: in CPUs
November 6, 2006 2:01:22 PM

NEW BK QUOTES!!!

http://sharikou.blogspot.com/

Sharikou, "Ph. D" is spinning out so much BS I think he broke his own record. Here are some of my favorite quotes:

Quote:
"Core 2 is just an old dog trick, cache."

"I project 4x4 will frag Kentsfield. AMD64's scalable architecture will establish itself as the performance king. Anything less than that will be just second rate or mainstream."

"It will take Intel another 5 years to catch up, and AMD is a moving target."

"Usually, companies would rather sent(sic) their products to the landfill in order to make profit."

"Mobile is Intel's last stronghold, once AMD breaks the wall here, Intel's BK will be accelerated. AMD+ATI are all Vista premium capable. Intel graphics are all ultra low end, unworthy of 3D."

"Intel will BK by 2Q08"

"As AMD gains more and more share, Intel will have to raise prices, or it will BK even faster."

"Soon, all Intel graphics solutions will be declared unsuitable for Vista and Intel's BK will be accelerated as a result."

"How soon can Intel BK? It can happen really fast -- two quarters after AMD FAB36 fully ramps up, Intel will BK."

"First, all empires fall and all companies BK, thus the only question is when Intel will BK. Second, a company BKs when it is unable to pay debt. Thus the Intel BK inquiry is a financial projection which may not be directly correlated to technology."

Yes. Of course. Intel should throw away its stockpile of chips rather than sell them. That makes perfect sense. 4x4 will bomb. He forgets to mention you have to buy RAM for each processor. So if you want two gigs of system RAM you have to buy 4 gigs of RAM.

There is only one thing that will make 4x4 semi-appealing, and that is quad-core. 4+4 cores = 8 cores. However, most people can't even take advantage of two cores yet, so I don't see people running out to spend absurd amounts of money on hardware when there's very little software that can take advantage of it.

Fanboyism at its best. This guy is so far out there it makes me laugh. Just thought it would make some of you smile on a Monday morning!
November 6, 2006 2:18:23 PM

*shakes head*
November 6, 2006 2:25:53 PM

What planet is that guy living on 8O

BTW, I didn't know that about 4x4. Are you sure thats the case? I thought it was more a case of you need to have a balanced amount of RAM on each CPU, so if you wanted 2 gigs of RAM, you would have to have a 1 gig stick in each CPU, but what your suggesting is that if you stuck in a 1 gig stick in that configuration, Windows would only see 1 gig. Are you sure about this? :?
Related resources
November 6, 2006 2:31:11 PM

Nope. Requires at least 2 for each. If you want to use the full 64bit experience you have to get at least 8 to 12 sticks. I'm not even sure if the board can support that much....8O
November 6, 2006 2:33:12 PM

There is an unspoken rule to never post the link to he who shall not be named...
November 6, 2006 2:38:47 PM

Whats the other site?

Sites I go to for fun and laughter: Fark.com, Break.com, and sometimes slashdot...
November 6, 2006 2:45:14 PM

Quote:
Nope. Requires at least 2 for each. If you want to use the full 64bit experience you have to get at least 8 to 12 sticks. I'm not even sure if the board can support that much....8O

Proof? I've never read that. I could see the two sticks per processor (minimum 4), but not per core.
November 6, 2006 2:48:53 PM

Ugh, I usually stay away from bad journalism... it makes me cry... in pain...
November 6, 2006 2:49:55 PM

Quote:
http://sharikou.blogspot.com/

Sharikou, "Ph. D" is spinning out so much BS I think he broke his own record. Here are some of my favorite quotes:

"Core 2 is just an old dog trick, cache."

"I project 4x4 will frag Kentsfield. AMD64's scalable architecture will establish itself as the performance king. Anything less than that will be just second rate or mainstream."

"It will take Intel another 5 years to catch up, and AMD is a moving target."

"Usually, companies would rather sent(sic) their products to the landfill in order to make profit."

Yes. Of course. Intel should throw away its stockpile of chips rather than sell them. That makes perfect sense. 4x4 will bomb. He forgets to mention you have to buy RAM for each processor. So if you want two gigs of system RAM you have to buy 4 gigs of RAM.

There is only one thing that will make 4x4 semi-appealing, and that is quad-core. 4+4 cores = 8 cores. However, must people can't even take advantage of two cores yet, so I don't see people running out to spend absurd amounts of money on hardware when there's very little software that can take advantage of it.

Fanboyism at its best. This guy is so far out there it makes me laugh. Just thought it would make some of you smile on a Monday morning!

Where can I find that guy? I want to take a sh*t at his door.
November 6, 2006 2:50:39 PM

Logical progression. No actual hard evidence. Sorry should have noted so.
November 6, 2006 2:51:09 PM

HMMM...That doesn't sound right. 8 to 12 sitcks of RAM?! That's obsurd! You could potentially put entire OS on RAM! (if it was viable...It is within certian RAM types, but not generic RAM like corsair of kingston)

Not saying it isn't true, just it seems excessive for the average user that wished to play games...Maybe a server or a supercomputer...But a home PC????
November 6, 2006 2:52:19 PM

We'll see... still waiting to pass judgement until real figures come out.. if they ever get around to releasing it..
November 6, 2006 2:52:52 PM

Quote:

Wow, that sounds like a bit of a hack, pretty inexplicable when they've followed the matched memory in each CPU's banks rule with Opterons. Maybe its to do with the fact that it's using unregistered RAM. That would put the nail in the coffin for 4x4 for me if I had the money to choose between C2Q and 4x4. Until 4x4 can use quad cores, Sharikou is probably going to be the only person who buys it!
November 6, 2006 2:54:44 PM

Something about his Ph. D seems a bit questionable. :lol: 

What an idiot!
November 6, 2006 2:56:17 PM

Quote:
There is only one thing that will make 4x4 semi-appealing, and that is quad-core. 4+4 cores = 8 cores. However, must people can't even take advantage of two cores yet, so I don't see people running out to spend absurd amounts of money on hardware when there's very little software that can take advantage of it.

I wish I'd saved the link - the other day I was surfing around and found one 4x4 link that led to another and finally saw a picture of what I assume was a server mobo that had two CPUs, both water-cooled and four, count'em FOUR 1950XTX's. I'm guessing it was a joke or maybe a photoshop job but it looked realistic. That mobo was giant and I couldn't help but think about how the dial on the power meter outside the house would be spinning at about 4K RPM. XXXXFire!!!

AMD should hire the Rock for their 4X4 TV adds...
November 6, 2006 2:57:27 PM

It's probably a PhD in fanboism :lol: 
November 6, 2006 2:59:18 PM

Dual-socket and 4 PCI-E x16 slots...

12 memory banks?

So not only do we get anally raped by buying all these parts, we then need to buy 2 1kW PSU's, link them together, re-wire our house to accomadate the extra load, get a new 2kW UPS, and then make a custom case the size of a small rack to accomadate all this, not to mention toss the heater out in the street since you already have one that costs 10x as much....
November 6, 2006 3:01:47 PM

And the US power grid goes offline when the first uber 4x4x4 goes on.
November 6, 2006 3:03:42 PM

With a minor in Trollism? :D 
November 6, 2006 3:10:39 PM

Why are you posting BS from Shakira and links to her AMD WC?
November 6, 2006 3:28:33 PM

And that rumor mill creates fanboys who come to THG Forumz to destroy all that is good and right in the world! (well, they come to destroy intelligent conversation at least :lol:  )

Anyway, I really don't know how they decide that something is "factual" enough to post it as "news". I always try to be careful when I say something is fact. It seems like a hardware news website should be MORE careful than me, since their articles are one-sided (whereas with my posts somebody will invariably prove me wrong if I say "I think..." and turn out to be wrong). Know what I mean?

The inquirer is less of a news publication and more of a social study or reality show if you ask me. The tagline? "What would happen if you gave BaronMatrix a camera, sent him out into the world as a journalist, and got a bunch of people to read his columns?"
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
November 6, 2006 3:33:44 PM

I agree with posting quotes because this guy is truly amazingly funny, it's pathetic...

But I agree that you shouldn't link the website it creates traffic and he can sale some ads and make money of it.

Selective quoting should prevent people from going there to often =)
November 6, 2006 3:40:54 PM

Good point. TC just inadvertently created a bunch of traffic on this moron's blog.
November 6, 2006 3:43:50 PM

So.... who's got he minerals to hack the site?
November 6, 2006 3:48:44 PM

Quote:

Eh... who cares, most all normal thinking individuals, AMD fans or Intel fans aside, realizes this numnut's intentions and rebuffs his claims as bunk.

Though I do propose we rename/refer to his blog as:

The Journal of Perverted 2-bit Computing.
Seconded. Make this Law..
November 6, 2006 3:56:49 PM

Quote:

Eh... who cares, most all normal thinking individuals, AMD fans or Intel fans aside, realizes this numnut's intentions and rebuffs his claims as bunk.

Though I do propose we rename/refer to his blog as:

The Journal of Perverted 2-bit Computing.
Well, maybe I'm jaded but it seems like you might have a little too much faith in humanity, Jack :D .
November 6, 2006 4:15:12 PM

What about this?
November 6, 2006 4:39:52 PM

Sweet but to off road for me. My father has the SRT8 so... I borrow t at times
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
November 6, 2006 4:43:19 PM

Those SRt are insane! Especially the SRT10 pickup.

Viper engine :D rool:
November 6, 2006 4:57:59 PM

Uh maybe you should move this out of the CPU section if you want to talk about cars?
November 6, 2006 4:59:34 PM

We don't have a car section :cry: 
November 6, 2006 5:06:21 PM

Quote:

Where did you get that from?
That would mean that the RAM of one processor is mirroring the RAM of the other.. and they'd have to constantly resynch etc.
I'm pretty sure the way it works is that, if one processor wants to access the RAM of the other processor, it goes through the HT link.
Concerning DaSickNinja's post, where do you get this 6-8 memory sticks thing?
DIMM slots are already 64 bit, and to get dual channel, you need 2 of them per CPU, hence, 4 memory sticks overall.
November 6, 2006 5:07:11 PM

Obviously we don't have a car section... if we did, then I'd start wondering where the hell I am...

I'm a rally car driver through and through, street racing's for cakes, and off-roadings requires no skill...
November 6, 2006 5:10:38 PM

You can use a Viper for the 50 miles it takes to get from one gas station to another... those things go through gas almost as fast as a damn hummer...
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
November 6, 2006 5:17:42 PM

Pfftt a 5.0 liter , 500hp, 500 lbs of torque V10 should not suck up THAT much :oops: 
November 6, 2006 5:23:29 PM

Eh, I'll stick with my M1 Abrams tank... 3 gallons per mile
November 6, 2006 5:23:55 PM

I like the guy thats starts his comments with "Yo, Pretender" That guy is always hilarious when he rebuts teh shariboob.
November 6, 2006 5:40:56 PM

Sry to break up the car showdown and Sharikou fragging, but is it true that if I want 2GB RAM on 4x4 I'd have to buy 4GB RAM? Cuz that would really suck.
November 6, 2006 5:45:25 PM

We'll have to see... I'm not too sure about it since I don't keep up with 4x4 that much, too much talk right now and not enough substance...
November 6, 2006 5:45:40 PM

WTF...

Double posting FTL
November 6, 2006 5:53:53 PM

That blog was more blatantly biased than Fox News... it's shameful.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this guy owns stock in AMD or perhaps is currently buying put options on Intel stock.
November 6, 2006 5:58:10 PM

Actually he's rumored to be a laid-off Intel employee..
November 6, 2006 6:18:57 PM

Quote:
Sry to break up the car showdown and Sharikou fragging, but is it true that if I want 2GB RAM on 4x4 I'd have to buy 4GB RAM? Cuz that would really suck.

That's my understanding of it, I could be wrong, of course. Since each processor has its own on-board-memory controller they cannot "share" the same RAM.
November 6, 2006 6:23:23 PM

Quote:
That blog was more blatantly biased than Fox News... it's shameful.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this guy owns stock in AMD or perhaps is currently buying put options on Intel stock.

I wouldn't bet against you on that. Thats for sure.
November 6, 2006 6:23:58 PM

Quote:
I like the guy thats starts his comments with "Yo, Pretender" That guy is always hilarious when he rebuts teh shariboob.

Wouldn't it be great if we could attach a little MP3 file to play along with out posts? The Great Pretender would rule here.
November 6, 2006 6:24:27 PM

didn't i just get my azz handed to me for posting a link to this site...........?
must be a double-standard.
November 6, 2006 6:26:43 PM

They're making fun of it. You used it to support your opinion.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
November 6, 2006 6:30:21 PM

Go back to your thread! it's all over the place!
November 6, 2006 6:56:12 PM

Quote:

That's my understanding of it, I could be wrong, of course. Since each processor has its own on-board-memory controller they cannot "share" the same RAM.
Nay, they access the RAM of the other through the HT link.. that's the NUMA memory architecture.
Also, if it was as you say, the 2 CPUs couldn't even run on separate threads of the same process.. not to mention to run the same OS instance... of course it doesn't work that way.
November 6, 2006 6:59:21 PM

Then I'm wrong. I apologize.
!