NEW BK QUOTES!!!

http://sharikou.blogspot.com/

Sharikou, "Ph. D" is spinning out so much BS I think he broke his own record. Here are some of my favorite quotes:

"Core 2 is just an old dog trick, cache."

"I project 4x4 will frag Kentsfield. AMD64's scalable architecture will establish itself as the performance king. Anything less than that will be just second rate or mainstream."

"It will take Intel another 5 years to catch up, and AMD is a moving target."

"Usually, companies would rather sent(sic) their products to the landfill in order to make profit."

"Mobile is Intel's last stronghold, once AMD breaks the wall here, Intel's BK will be accelerated. AMD+ATI are all Vista premium capable. Intel graphics are all ultra low end, unworthy of 3D."

"Intel will BK by 2Q08"

"As AMD gains more and more share, Intel will have to raise prices, or it will BK even faster."

"Soon, all Intel graphics solutions will be declared unsuitable for Vista and Intel's BK will be accelerated as a result."

"How soon can Intel BK? It can happen really fast -- two quarters after AMD FAB36 fully ramps up, Intel will BK."

"First, all empires fall and all companies BK, thus the only question is when Intel will BK. Second, a company BKs when it is unable to pay debt. Thus the Intel BK inquiry is a financial projection which may not be directly correlated to technology."

Yes. Of course. Intel should throw away its stockpile of chips rather than sell them. That makes perfect sense. 4x4 will bomb. He forgets to mention you have to buy RAM for each processor. So if you want two gigs of system RAM you have to buy 4 gigs of RAM.

There is only one thing that will make 4x4 semi-appealing, and that is quad-core. 4+4 cores = 8 cores. However, most people can't even take advantage of two cores yet, so I don't see people running out to spend absurd amounts of money on hardware when there's very little software that can take advantage of it.

Fanboyism at its best. This guy is so far out there it makes me laugh. Just thought it would make some of you smile on a Monday morning!

Julian33

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006
What planet is that guy living on 8O

BTW, I didn't know that about 4x4. Are you sure thats the case? I thought it was more a case of you need to have a balanced amount of RAM on each CPU, so if you wanted 2 gigs of RAM, you would have to have a 1 gig stick in each CPU, but what your suggesting is that if you stuck in a 1 gig stick in that configuration, Windows would only see 1 gig. Are you sure about this? :?

Nope. Requires at least 2 for each. If you want to use the full 64bit experience you have to get at least 8 to 12 sticks. I'm not even sure if the board can support that much....8O

theaxemaster

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
Nope. Requires at least 2 for each. If you want to use the full 64bit experience you have to get at least 8 to 12 sticks. I'm not even sure if the board can support that much....8O

Proof? I've never read that. I could see the two sticks per processor (minimum 4), but not per core.

pmr

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
http://sharikou.blogspot.com/

Sharikou, "Ph. D" is spinning out so much BS I think he broke his own record. Here are some of my favorite quotes:

"Core 2 is just an old dog trick, cache."

"I project 4x4 will frag Kentsfield. AMD64's scalable architecture will establish itself as the performance king. Anything less than that will be just second rate or mainstream."

"It will take Intel another 5 years to catch up, and AMD is a moving target."

"Usually, companies would rather sent(sic) their products to the landfill in order to make profit."

Yes. Of course. Intel should throw away its stockpile of chips rather than sell them. That makes perfect sense. 4x4 will bomb. He forgets to mention you have to buy RAM for each processor. So if you want two gigs of system RAM you have to buy 4 gigs of RAM.

There is only one thing that will make 4x4 semi-appealing, and that is quad-core. 4+4 cores = 8 cores. However, must people can't even take advantage of two cores yet, so I don't see people running out to spend absurd amounts of money on hardware when there's very little software that can take advantage of it.

Fanboyism at its best. This guy is so far out there it makes me laugh. Just thought it would make some of you smile on a Monday morning!

Where can I find that guy? I want to take a sh*t at his door.

Ponk

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2005
HMMM...That doesn't sound right. 8 to 12 sitcks of RAM?! That's obsurd! You could potentially put entire OS on RAM! (if it was viable...It is within certian RAM types, but not generic RAM like corsair of kingston)

Not saying it isn't true, just it seems excessive for the average user that wished to play games...Maybe a server or a supercomputer...But a home PC????

Julian33

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006
Wow, that sounds like a bit of a hack, pretty inexplicable when they've followed the matched memory in each CPU's banks rule with Opterons. Maybe its to do with the fact that it's using unregistered RAM. That would put the nail in the coffin for 4x4 for me if I had the money to choose between C2Q and 4x4. Until 4x4 can use quad cores, Sharikou is probably going to be the only person who buys it!

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
There is only one thing that will make 4x4 semi-appealing, and that is quad-core. 4+4 cores = 8 cores. However, must people can't even take advantage of two cores yet, so I don't see people running out to spend absurd amounts of money on hardware when there's very little software that can take advantage of it.

I wish I'd saved the link - the other day I was surfing around and found one 4x4 link that led to another and finally saw a picture of what I assume was a server mobo that had two CPUs, both water-cooled and four, count'em FOUR 1950XTX's. I'm guessing it was a joke or maybe a photoshop job but it looked realistic. That mobo was giant and I couldn't help but think about how the dial on the power meter outside the house would be spinning at about 4K RPM. XXXXFire!!!

AMD should hire the Rock for their 4X4 TV adds...

Doughbuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
Dual-socket and 4 PCI-E x16 slots...

12 memory banks?

So not only do we get anally raped by buying all these parts, we then need to buy 2 1kW PSU's, link them together, re-wire our house to accomadate the extra load, get a new 2kW UPS, and then make a custom case the size of a small rack to accomadate all this, not to mention toss the heater out in the street since you already have one that costs 10x as much....

dean7

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
And that rumor mill creates fanboys who come to THG Forumz to destroy all that is good and right in the world! (well, they come to destroy intelligent conversation at least :lol: )

Anyway, I really don't know how they decide that something is "factual" enough to post it as "news". I always try to be careful when I say something is fact. It seems like a hardware news website should be MORE careful than me, since their articles are one-sided (whereas with my posts somebody will invariably prove me wrong if I say "I think..." and turn out to be wrong). Know what I mean?

The inquirer is less of a news publication and more of a social study or reality show if you ask me. The tagline? "What would happen if you gave BaronMatrix a camera, sent him out into the world as a journalist, and got a bunch of people to read his columns?"

G

I agree with posting quotes because this guy is truly amazingly funny, it's pathetic...

But I agree that you shouldn't link the website it creates traffic and he can sale some ads and make money of it.

Selective quoting should prevent people from going there to often =)

So.... who's got he minerals to hack the site?

Eh... who cares, most all normal thinking individuals, AMD fans or Intel fans aside, realizes this numnut's intentions and rebuffs his claims as bunk.

Though I do propose we rename/refer to his blog as:

The Journal of Perverted 2-bit Computing.
Seconded. Make this Law..