HP Xeon???

Toby

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2004
would a HP branded xeon work in a tyan 5350 motherboard?
not sure if the voltage regulator which comes with hp xeons is just needed for hp systems or wheather hp ones are a little different.

just wondering as i need to buy a powersupply to get a server up and running, but not too sure if it would work.

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
HP branded? all xeons are intel branded since thats who makes them, if you mean a xeon in an HP system then could you be a little more specific like listing kind of xeon it is (woodcrest, dempsey, ect.) and the specific model number of the mobo?

Doughbuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
I want to say it would work as long as its the proper socket and the mobo supports that version of Xeon, I don't see HP specially ordering Xeon's just for their line's that can't be used anywhere else...

G

I suggest a PM to crashman, only person on these forum that pulls answer to these kind of question.

Apparently, there's a few special CPU made only for Dell and such if they order enough of the. If I remember correctly there was a P4 2.8ghz with a 100FSB and 28X multiplier... Crashman talked about that a long time ago, so he might be able to help...PM him...

shinigamiX

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2006
You don't mean... the Crashman? Are you insane, you fool? Incurring the wrath of Crashman is not something a mortal can afford! You best run! I heard he kicks a lot more ass now, ever since he killed Chuck and took his legs as trophies.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

What? Chuck Norris can not be scratched by the likes of even Crashman and Wusy combined. Chuck Norris's roundhouse kicks rip through the fabric of time and space. :tongue: :mrgreen: