Old scanner / New computer

Greetings all,
Are there any experts that might know the answer to this question.

I just received a used HP Scanjet 4200c with the PrecisionScan LT Software
CD.

The scanner must be about five years old.

I'd like to install the software on a computer which is only a year old
running Windows XP.

Does anyone know of incompatibility issues using that software with the
newer OS on the computer?

Thanking all in advance.
Eddy

You will have to find XP drivers for that older computer somewhere in order
to use it.

--
DaveW

"eddy long" <eddylong@boloney!_NOSPAM_.net> wrote in message
> Greetings all,
> Are there any experts that might know the answer to this question.
>
> I just received a used HP Scanjet 4200c with the PrecisionScan LT Software
> CD.
>
> The scanner must be about five years old.
>
> I'd like to install the software on a computer which is only a year old
> running Windows XP.
>
> Does anyone know of incompatibility issues using that software with the
> newer OS on the computer?
>
> Thanking all in advance.
> Eddy

"eddy long" <eddylong@boloney!_NOSPAM_.net> wrote in message
> Greetings all,
> Are there any experts that might know the answer to this question.
>
> I just received a used HP Scanjet 4200c with the PrecisionScan LT Software
> CD.
>
> The scanner must be about five years old.
>
> I'd like to install the software on a computer which is only a year old
> running Windows XP.
>
> Does anyone know of incompatibility issues using that software with the
> newer OS on the computer?
>
> Thanking all in advance.
> Eddy

Yes there is a update for Windows XP go here and put in the model name and
number of your scanner.
http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

--
CSM1