Old scanner / New computer

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
March 15, 2005 12:07:57 PM

Greetings all,
Are there any experts that might know the answer to this question.

I just received a used HP Scanjet 4200c with the PrecisionScan LT Software
CD.

The scanner must be about five years old.

I'd like to install the software on a computer which is only a year old
running Windows XP.

Does anyone know of incompatibility issues using that software with the
newer OS on the computer?

Thanking all in advance.
Eddy

More about : scanner computer

Anonymous
March 15, 2005 7:15:33 PM

You will have to find XP drivers for that older computer somewhere in order
to use it.

--
DaveW

"eddy long" <eddylong@boloney!_NOSPAM_.net> wrote in message
> Greetings all,
> Are there any experts that might know the answer to this question.
>
> I just received a used HP Scanjet 4200c with the PrecisionScan LT Software
> CD.
>
> The scanner must be about five years old.
>
> I'd like to install the software on a computer which is only a year old
> running Windows XP.
>
> Does anyone know of incompatibility issues using that software with the
> newer OS on the computer?
>
> Thanking all in advance.
> Eddy

Anonymous
March 15, 2005 10:43:26 PM

"eddy long" <eddylong@boloney!_NOSPAM_.net> wrote in message
> Greetings all,
> Are there any experts that might know the answer to this question.
>
> I just received a used HP Scanjet 4200c with the PrecisionScan LT Software
> CD.
>
> The scanner must be about five years old.
>
> I'd like to install the software on a computer which is only a year old
> running Windows XP.
>
> Does anyone know of incompatibility issues using that software with the
> newer OS on the computer?
>
> Thanking all in advance.
> Eddy

Yes there is a update for Windows XP go here and put in the model name and
number of your scanner.
http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

--
CSM1