paperport 9 one touch and firefox?

has anyone else successfully configured their one touch to recognize
e'mail clients other than MS? am i missing something easy? i've recently
upgraded my scanner to a 9320 USB and installed paperport 9SE...
4 answers Last reply
More about paperport touch firefox

    "spence" <spence@wizard.net> wrote in message
    > has anyone else successfully configured their one touch to recognize
    > e'mail clients other than MS? am i missing something easy? i've recently
    > upgraded my scanner to a 9320 USB and installed paperport 9SE...

    The easy way is, do not use the button.

    Learn how to scan then email the scanned image in your email program.

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    spence wrote:
    > has anyone else successfully configured their one touch to recognize
    > e'mail clients other than MS? am i missing something easy? i've recently
    > upgraded my scanner to a 9320 USB and installed paperport 9SE...
    Here are instructions I wrote a long time ago for setting the default
    mail format jpeg and outlook. Just substitute the .exe for Firefox in
    the appropriate locations.

> [...]
    >

    > 1.. Open Paperport. From the menu bar select -File, Links, Create New
    > Link.
    > 2.. Link Type. Chose the Image selection. Click Next.
    > 3.. Chose the executable and file path. In this case- c:\program
    > files\outlook express\msimn.exe
    > Normally you can just navigate thru the Program folders to find the
    > executable. If you are unsure of the application's executable you can go to
    > the Start menu, right click on the application, select Properties, Shortcut
    > tab, then right click and copy the info displayed in the Target box. Now you
    > can right click and paste the path directly into the info box, being sure to
    > removing the quotation marks afterwards. Click Next.
    >

    > 4.. Pick a Link name you will be able to recognize and differentiate from
    > the original bad link. This is important especially if you should choose not
    > to delete the bad link. In this case I'll choose- "Outlook Express - Jpeg".
    > Click Next
    > 5.. Select all the formats that you want to be able to choose from later
    > in the OneTouch Control Panel. In this case choose "JPEG image files
    > (*.JPG)" and any other format for effect.
    > 6.. Choose a disposition for the Temporary files. The default is " Delete
    > it only if it hasn't been modified.." . Choose Next.
    > 7.. Pick a min and max resolution. 75 to 2400 dpi should cover everything.
    > Choose Next.
    > 8.. Pick an Icon type. Application is easiest. Click Next.
    > 9.. Select an Icon. Click Next.
    > 10.. Click Finished. You should now be able to see this link on the bottom
    > of the PaperPort window. Scroll to the right if it's not visible.
    > 11.. Close PaperPort.
    > 12.. Open OneTouch Configure either thru Start, Programs, PaperPort,
    > OneTouch Configure or by right clicking on the OneTouch Control task bar
    > Icon.
    > 13.. Select the Email tab. Click on the Preference Tab (pointing hand
    > icon) located on the far right. Choose the Button Tab. Click on Select
    > Destinations:, and because you have chosen JPEG as a format you will have to
    > select Graphic Applications or All for the new link to appear instead of
    > Email Applications. Click OK.
    > 14.. Now select the Email Tab. On the left hand side of the window choose
    > your newly created Icon for your Destination Selection. If is not showing,
    > select an Icon with the same executable as the one you created and then
    > click on the Options button on the lower left hand corner.
    > 15.. Select your new link then click the Options button. With any luck you
    > should now be able to select different formats to use. Select JPEG and click
    > OK.
    >

    > Be sure to pick an appropriate scan configuration from the right hand side
    > of this window. For emailing pictures the AutoCrop: Scan Photograph
    > configuration is a good starting point. You can always copy the
    > configuration and make adjustments such as scanning resolution to better fit

  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

    tomcas wrote:
    > spence wrote:
    >
    >> has anyone else successfully configured their one touch to recognize
    >> e'mail clients other than MS? am i missing something easy? i've
    >> recently upgraded my scanner to a 9320 USB and installed paperport
    >> 9SE...
    >
    > Here are instructions I wrote a long time ago for setting the default
    > mail format jpeg and outlook. Just substitute the .exe for Firefox in
    > the appropriate locations.

    thanks that got me about halfway there... i know it's easier to scan
    then attach the scan to the e'mail... but its a "conundrum" that i'd
    like to fix when i have free moments
  4. Using Paperport 7 and was getting very annoyed so have written a small VB application that will allow you to send via Thunderbird.

    Tested and works, many happy users.

    Andrew Harris
    e: andrew.harris@yourhelpdesk.co.uk
    w: yourhelpdesk.co.uk