paperport 9 one touch and firefox?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
March 17, 2005 5:58:21 PM

has anyone else successfully configured their one touch to recognize
e'mail clients other than MS? am i missing something easy? i've recently
upgraded my scanner to a 9320 USB and installed paperport 9SE...
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 6:32:40 PM

"spence" <spence@wizard.net> wrote in message
> has anyone else successfully configured their one touch to recognize
> e'mail clients other than MS? am i missing something easy? i've recently
> upgraded my scanner to a 9320 USB and installed paperport 9SE...

The easy way is, do not use the button.

Learn how to scan then email the scanned image in your email program.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

spence wrote:
> has anyone else successfully configured their one touch to recognize
> e'mail clients other than MS? am i missing something easy? i've recently
> upgraded my scanner to a 9320 USB and installed paperport 9SE...
Here are instructions I wrote a long time ago for setting the default
mail format jpeg and outlook. Just substitute the .exe for Firefox in
the appropriate locations.

> [...]
>

> 1.. Open Paperport. From the menu bar select -File, Links, Create New
> Link.
> 2.. Link Type. Chose the Image selection. Click Next.
> 3.. Chose the executable and file path. In this case- c:\program
> files\outlook express\msimn.exe
> Normally you can just navigate thru the Program folders to find the
> executable. If you are unsure of the application's executable you can go to
> the Start menu, right click on the application, select Properties, Shortcut
> tab, then right click and copy the info displayed in the Target box. Now you
> can right click and paste the path directly into the info box, being sure to
> removing the quotation marks afterwards. Click Next.
>

> 4.. Pick a Link name you will be able to recognize and differentiate from
> the original bad link. This is important especially if you should choose not
> to delete the bad link. In this case I'll choose- "Outlook Express - Jpeg".
> Click Next
> 5.. Select all the formats that you want to be able to choose from later
> in the OneTouch Control Panel. In this case choose "JPEG image files
> (*.JPG)" and any other format for effect.
> 6.. Choose a disposition for the Temporary files. The default is " Delete
> it only if it hasn't been modified.." . Choose Next.
> 7.. Pick a min and max resolution. 75 to 2400 dpi should cover everything.
> Choose Next.
> 8.. Pick an Icon type. Application is easiest. Click Next.
> 9.. Select an Icon. Click Next.
> 10.. Click Finished. You should now be able to see this link on the bottom
> of the PaperPort window. Scroll to the right if it's not visible.
> 11.. Close PaperPort.
> 12.. Open OneTouch Configure either thru Start, Programs, PaperPort,
> OneTouch Configure or by right clicking on the OneTouch Control task bar
> Icon.
> 13.. Select the Email tab. Click on the Preference Tab (pointing hand
> icon) located on the far right. Choose the Button Tab. Click on Select
> Destinations:, and because you have chosen JPEG as a format you will have to
> select Graphic Applications or All for the new link to appear instead of
> Email Applications. Click OK.
> 14.. Now select the Email Tab. On the left hand side of the window choose
> your newly created Icon for your Destination Selection. If is not showing,
> select an Icon with the same executable as the one you created and then
> click on the Options button on the lower left hand corner.
> 15.. Select your new link then click the Options button. With any luck you
> should now be able to select different formats to use. Select JPEG and click
> OK.
>

> Be sure to pick an appropriate scan configuration from the right hand side
> of this window. For emailing pictures the AutoCrop: Scan Photograph
> configuration is a good starting point. You can always copy the
> configuration and make adjustments such as scanning resolution to better fit

April 29, 2005 2:19:08 AM

tomcas wrote:
> spence wrote:
>
>> has anyone else successfully configured their one touch to recognize
>> e'mail clients other than MS? am i missing something easy? i've
>> recently upgraded my scanner to a 9320 USB and installed paperport
>> 9SE...
>
> Here are instructions I wrote a long time ago for setting the default
> mail format jpeg and outlook. Just substitute the .exe for Firefox in
> the appropriate locations.

thanks that got me about halfway there... i know it's easier to scan
then attach the scan to the e'mail... but its a "conundrum" that i'd
like to fix when i have free moments
June 23, 2009 2:21:13 PM

Using Paperport 7 and was getting very annoyed so have written a small VB application that will allow you to send via Thunderbird.

Tested and works, many happy users.

Andrew Harris
e: andrew.harris@yourhelpdesk.co.uk
w: yourhelpdesk.co.uk