Stock tips?

Anyway I'm new here please be gentle.

Does the stock market actuallywork like the real stock market. (which i
really don't understand) but i do know it is mostly investor driven.
Depending on what the investors buy/sell. or is it random driven by the
neopets computer programs.

ME
9 answers Last reply
More about stock tips

    Robert Jackson wrote:
    > Anyway I'm new here please be gentle.
    >

    > Does the stock market actuallywork like the real stock market. (which
    > really don't understand) but i do know it is mostly investor driven.
    > Depending on what the investors buy/sell. or is it random driven by
    the
    > neopets computer programs.
    >
    > ME

    Neopets Stock market used to be investor driven at one time (a long
    time ago) but that changed (iirc)when it was found that it was very
    easy to rig the prices (some guilds were banned for doing this, again
    iirc). Now the prices are all randomly driven.

    (and yes, saddly, I've sunk to using google groups :) )

    "Robert Jackson" <sc00tertw0@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Anyway I'm new here please be gentle.
    >

    > Does the stock market actuallywork like the real stock market. (which i
    > really don't understand) but i do know it is mostly investor driven.
    > Depending on what the investors buy/sell. or is it random driven by the
    > neopets computer programs.

    Welcome to the group. I don't have any tips for the stock market, but I
    will read what people tell you! :) Something about buying 1000 at 15 and
    selling higher than that. 100 of what I still don't know, 15? whatever.

    daramark

    Yea it's as good as the real thing but better,
    you dont lose real money....

    "Robert Jackson" <sc00tertw0@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Anyway I'm new here please be gentle.
    >

    > Does the stock market actuallywork like the real stock market. (which i
    > really don't understand) but i do know it is mostly investor driven.
    > Depending on what the investors buy/sell. or is it random driven by the
    > neopets computer programs.
    >
    > ME

    Thanks!

    look me up scootertwo

    daramark [dara.butler@sympatico.ca] said
    > "Robert Jackson" <sc00tertw0@cox.net> wrote in message
    > > Anyway I'm new here please be gentle.
    > >

    > > Does the stock market actuallywork like the real stock market. (which i
    > > really don't understand) but i do know it is mostly investor driven.
    > > Depending on what the investors buy/sell. or is it random driven by the
    > > neopets computer programs.
    >

    > Welcome to the group. I don't have any tips for the stock market, but I
    > will read what people tell you! :) Something about buying 1000 at 15 and
    > selling higher than that. 100 of what I still don't know, 15? whatever.

    Shares must be worth at least 15np each before you can buy them and
    there is a purchase limit of 1000 shares a day. So buy 1000 a day at
    15nps and sell them when they are worth more for an easy profit.

    Occasionally a stock will crash and you will lose your investment but
    that only happens occasionally so need not be too much of a worry.

    Robert Jackson wrote:

    > Does the stock market actually work like the real stock market.

    Not really. My experience has been that you buy 1000 shares of whatever
    at 15, and it generally languishes for a long time at or below 15, then
    fairly quickly ramps up into the 20's, sometimes 30's, and then falls
    again. Some stocks obviously go much higher than that, but not very
    often. When stocks do break 30, they typically don't stay there very
    long (a day or two), and then they drop like a rock back down to 15 or less.

    Take a look at all the stocks to see how many are below 15, how many are
    in the 20's-30's, and how many are higher than that. Stocks can spend
    months kicking around between 6 and 15, and then shoot up to 30 in a
    matter of days, only to start dropping again within the week, and then
    spend another month at or below 15. Real stocks don't have this kind of
    repeating "baseline-to-spike-to-baseline" behaviour, but most neostocks
    do. Most of the stocks I own right now are stocks I have bought and
    sold following this cycle in the past.

    The general formula for success, though, is to buy 1000 shares a day at
    15 and hold it to 30 or above, then sell. If you wait for it to hit 60,
    you may end up waiting a year, and may see it cycle from 15 to 30 and
    back to 15 repeatedly during that time. Also, if you have Excel, go to
    http://www.neodaq.com and download the XLS spreadsheet. It's all
    macro-driven and is automatic, and will make managing your stocks much
    easier.

    One thing to know going into it is that neostocks (just like real
    stocks) are not a get rich quick scheme. It takes months to build up a
    portfolio and start cashing in. Buy 1000 shares a day at 15 and sell
    when they hit 30, though, and you should have a million np in the bank
    and another million in the stock market within about 4 months. (Of
    course this means you've got to earn about 15,000 np a day to get
    started, because you're not going to take anything out of the market for
    a while, so some of your wealth will be made the old fashioned way...)
    The upside of playing neostocks is that it's one way to make a lot of np
    without spending a lot of time playing games. I got into it because I
    was spending too much time playing games for my kids, and wanted to find
    a way to keep earning them np without spending so much time playing
    games. The neostocks have been successful for that.

    Robert Jackson wrote:
    > Anyway I'm new here please be gentle.
    >

    > Does the stock market actuallywork like the real stock market. (which
    > i really don't understand) but i do know it is mostly investor driven.
    > Depending on what the investors buy/sell. or is it random driven by
    > the neopets computer programs.

    It doesn't depend on volume the way the real thing does. So it is pretty
    random.

    Gareeth

    In article <Jci2e.14972$Mt5.1388@fed1read01>,
    "Robert Jackson" <sc00tertw0@cox.net> wrote:

    > Anyway I'm new here please be gentle.
    >

    > Does the stock market actuallywork like the real stock market. (which i
    > really don't understand) but i do know it is mostly investor driven.
    > Depending on what the investors buy/sell. or is it random driven by the
    > neopets computer programs.
    >
    > ME

    I started with 15000 NP and am well on my way to my second million.
    Here's what I did - it takes a long time and patience.

    1) only buy stocks at 15NP - no more or less.
    2) buy in blocks of 500 = 7500 NP a block.
    3) You may only buy 1000 shares a day. It's the law!
    4) wait - days, weeks, months.
    5) when stocks eventually get to 30NP each, sell them - you've doubled
    your money.
    6) buy more 500 blocks of stock at 15 NP with the proceeds
    7) rinse and repeat.

    Variations on this theme work. I just like to keep it simple
    and only ever buy at 15NP, even if I already have holdings in the
    same stock.

    Eventually, you will make money but it might well look like you're
    doing badly for a long time. Have courage! The more blocks of stock
    you have the better your chances in the long run. I started with 4
    blocks and now have nearly 50 or so all in varying stages of loss and
    profit. The average total for a small initial investment is about
    300,000 NP. I rake off profits from time to time and reinvest.

    I wish I could do this in the real world and I would be filthy
    rich.

    rachel

    > Shares must be worth at least 15np each before you can buy them and
    > there is a purchase limit of 1000 shares a day. So buy 1000 a day at
    > 15nps and sell them when they are worth more for an easy profit.
    >
    > Occasionally a stock will crash and you will lose your investment but
    > that only happens occasionally so need not be too much of a worry.

    I played the stocks a looooong time ago and went to have a quick look.. i
    still have some I didn't know about! Unfortunately not very much, 100 EEEEE
    stocks that I paid 6nps each for and are now about 45. Ah well its all
    profit!

Computers Games Video Games