965P-DS3 Network Drivers?

ReliReli

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
Anyone else get a weird broken-English ID error when trying to install the Marvell drivers for XP? I've been trying for hours now to get my broadband LAN connection up and running and none of the drivers seem to be working for me. No matter what I do I can't get a LAN connection on my Network Connections.

What did you guys do? Any ideas? I did a standard install with a slipstreamed XP SP2 CD and I'm using a cable broadband connection.

Thanks very much!

weilin

Distinguished
never got the error. My recommendation is that you pop in the gigabyte cd rom into your computer and have gigabyte install all drivers at once. that hasn't failed me yet and ive formatted atleast 3 times already.

ReliReli

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
That's what I thought, too. As soon as I installed Windows I did an express install of all the drivers, restarted, and nothing changed.

I checked through my drive and it looked as if nothing had installed - all the folders were empty! I'm going to reinstall Windows tomorrow and hook it up to another net connection to see if that changes anything. I've never had hurdles like this in setting up a connection before. Wish me luck!

But yeah, I got an ID error when I went through the CD to manually install the Marvell LAN drivers - it said in really bad English that "Worry!! my ID are't support!!"...my electronics can balk at me till the ends of time and I still won't give up on them, but a sentence or two of bad grammar and it makes me want to scream. :p

ReliReli

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
Well, that didn't work. No matter what I do I cannot get anything to recognize my LAN port, nor can I get any drivers to work.

I'd like to think I was missing something completely obvious but I'm starting to think of just RMA'ing it. I can't even find a single person who has had remotely the same issue yet.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jizumonkey

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
You've probably already done it but:

Enable onboard LAN in the BIOS.

Remove any other PCI network cards, and also disconnect anything from the LAN port first.

Get the standalone drivers from the gigabyte website
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/Driver_Model.aspx?ClassValue=Motherboard&ProductID=2314&ProductName=GA-965P-DS3

Check your system time...maybe the error is adigital signature ID error, and the signature is out of date due to an incorrect time? Worth mentioning despite it being a million to one.

ReliReli

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
Thanks, but yeah, all that was tried and re-tried again. It still gives me an ID error, but it doesn't tell me anything else beyond that no matter what I try.

I'm pretty much sold on it being a crappy LAN port, so I'm just going to replace the mobo...I have my eye on that new eVGA 680I now, hehehe.

Thanks anyways for the help, guys. Much appreciated!