Lunatics running the Asylum

http://www.overclockers.com/tips01331/

Should we flame him ... or just chuck in a pity post.

He is surely running his own insanely ant-AMD site there.

Off-site Troll ???

Ed ... post over here ... we will take it easy on you .... promise.

:)

piratepast40

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
Hmmmm ... take it easy??? Does that mean saying "bite me" instead of comments about his family tree??

I'm not getting personal or saying anything bad to Ed. Just asking what "take it easy" means.

sailer

Splendid
Trouble is, what Ed writes has a grain of truth in it. Several very intelligent people have left through the past year because the forum had degraded into a perpetual shouting match and they were tired of the insanity. Part of the problem was that the rules of conduct had long gone unenforced. All too many forums, blogs, etc, have descended to becoming a computer version of the "road rage" that happens on the highways. I find it sad, and it says too much about the level that society has sunk.

radnor

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
Toms Hardware forum ? well, the is a discussion, but i never "read" that the level as gone down. Even at AMD vs Intel post, and other pure "epeen" discussions, never read here nothing that was agressive.

That guy should go World of Warcraft forums or DeviantArt forums. Or well, there are much more.

I think that a lot of the time here, it isn't meaness. It's impatience with posters asking the same questions over and over.

For out and out meaness, you can't beat a liberal posting on a conservative blog.

ye but he was talking a decade ago, good to see this place hasn't changed.

oh and radnor, i cannot believe you haven't seen an aggressive post, have you not donned a flame retardant helmet and charged into the trenches?

Trouble is, what Ed writes has a grain of truth in it. Several very intelligent people have left through the past year because the forum had degraded into a perpetual shouting match and they were tired of the insanity. Part of the problem was that the rules of conduct had long gone unenforced. All too many forums, blogs, etc, have descended to becoming a computer version of the "road rage" that happens on the highways. I find it sad, and it says too much about the level that society has sunk.
Indeed. I will take the liberty to name a few:

DaSickNinja
I_Love_Tacos
apt403
wusy

and others

Stop drawing pictures of yourself ... attention seeker .... heh heh.

Maybe there is something in Ed's post for us to think abut?

Lets have a moment of self reflection ...

OK ... I'm done.

Thanks Ed.

DSN. To be honest I think that guy was a victim of his own popularity. He now has his own tech site and seems to have taken JumpingJack with him. I'm sure DSN managed to take some of the readership with him too...

Wusy was kicked out as I heard it.

http://overclockers.com/tips01333/

He is up to part III of his rant ... he seems to be suffering from the very problem he is outlining in detail.

Iv'e seen this sort of behaviour before.

Flupenthixol IM stat ...