I wish I hadn't done it... (Migrate)

Last response: in Network Providers
November 26, 2004 9:54:00 PM

Ah, the lure of Rollover was just too great, so I did it. I migrated
my account from ATTWS to Cingular. In my home, ATTWS was my only
phone, with 4-5 bars of signal strength _anywhere_ in our 4-story
condo building, including the elevator. I assumed Cingular would be
the same. It isn't. I drop calls going from room to room in my own
unit. ATT phone = Nokia 3120. Cingular phone = Motorola v551, but I
doubt that's the problem. When I insert a friend's ATT SIM card into
my v551, the full signal strength returns. What's wrong here?

Silly question, I know, but will they let me reverse migrate?

More about : migrate

Anonymous
November 26, 2004 10:43:00 PM

In article <hgueq0ta38s9sbt2d5vk1l8a874sta0vcc@4ax.com>,
RexYBlue <rexybluezz@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Ah, the lure of Rollover was just too great, so I did it. I migrated
> my account from ATTWS to Cingular. In my home, ATTWS was my only
> phone, with 4-5 bars of signal strength _anywhere_ in our 4-story
> condo building, including the elevator. I assumed Cingular would be
> the same. It isn't. I drop calls going from room to room in my own
> unit. ATT phone = Nokia 3120. Cingular phone = Motorola v551, but I
> doubt that's the problem. When I insert a friend's ATT SIM card into
> my v551, the full signal strength returns. What's wrong here?
>
> Silly question, I know, but will they let me reverse migrate?

You have 14 days to cancel your account with Cingular.
Anonymous
November 27, 2004 1:38:17 AM

In <hgueq0ta38s9sbt2d5vk1l8a874sta0vcc@4ax.com> on Fri, 26 Nov 2004 18:54:00
GMT, RexYBlue <rexybluezz@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Ah, the lure of Rollover was just too great, so I did it. I migrated
>my account from ATTWS to Cingular. In my home, ATTWS was my only
>phone, with 4-5 bars of signal strength _anywhere_ in our 4-story
>condo building, including the elevator. I assumed Cingular would be
>the same. It isn't. I drop calls going from room to room in my own
>unit. ATT phone = Nokia 3120. Cingular phone = Motorola v551, but I
>doubt that's the problem. When I insert a friend's ATT SIM card into
>my v551, the full signal strength returns. What's wrong here?

Cingular currently allows roaming on ATTWS only when there isn't a "usable"
Cingular signal.

>Silly question, I know, but will they let me reverse migrate?

You can't get your own plan back, but you can go back.

November 27, 2004 2:09:00 AM

Nothing...just stop moving around..
"RexYBlue" <rexybluezz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Ah, the lure of Rollover was just too great, so I did it. I migrated
> my account from ATTWS to Cingular. In my home, ATTWS was my only
> phone, with 4-5 bars of signal strength _anywhere_ in our 4-story
> condo building, including the elevator. I assumed Cingular would be
> the same. It isn't. I drop calls going from room to room in my own
> unit. ATT phone = Nokia 3120. Cingular phone = Motorola v551, but I
> doubt that's the problem. When I insert a friend's ATT SIM card into
> my v551, the full signal strength returns. What's wrong here?
>
> Silly question, I know, but will they let me reverse migrate?

November 27, 2004 9:19:21 AM

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 19:43:00 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>In article <hgueq0ta38s9sbt2d5vk1l8a874sta0vcc@4ax.com>,
> RexYBlue <rexybluezz@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ah, the lure of Rollover was just too great, so I did it. I migrated
>> my account from ATTWS to Cingular. In my home, ATTWS was my only
>> phone, with 4-5 bars of signal strength _anywhere_ in our 4-story
>> condo building, including the elevator. I assumed Cingular would be
>> the same. It isn't. I drop calls going from room to room in my own
>> unit. ATT phone = Nokia 3120. Cingular phone = Motorola v551, but I
>> doubt that's the problem. When I insert a friend's ATT SIM card into
>> my v551, the full signal strength returns. What's wrong here?
>>
>> Silly question, I know, but will they let me reverse migrate?
>
>You have 14 days to cancel your account with Cingular.

Unless you were on an ATT year or more contract, from what Cingular's
CS tells me.
November 27, 2004 9:20:16 AM

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 22:38:17 GMT, John Navas
<spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:

>[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>
>In <hgueq0ta38s9sbt2d5vk1l8a874sta0vcc@4ax.com> on Fri, 26 Nov 2004 18:54:00
>GMT, RexYBlue <rexybluezz@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Ah, the lure of Rollover was just too great, so I did it. I migrated
>>my account from ATTWS to Cingular. In my home, ATTWS was my only
>>phone, with 4-5 bars of signal strength _anywhere_ in our 4-story
>>condo building, including the elevator. I assumed Cingular would be
>>the same. It isn't. I drop calls going from room to room in my own
>>unit. ATT phone = Nokia 3120. Cingular phone = Motorola v551, but I
>>doubt that's the problem. When I insert a friend's ATT SIM card into
>>my v551, the full signal strength returns. What's wrong here?
>
>Cingular currently allows roaming on ATTWS only when there isn't a "usable"
>Cingular signal.
>
>>Silly question, I know, but will they let me reverse migrate?
>
>You can't get your own plan back, but you can go back.
Please rephrase that last sentence. I don't understand what you mean.

>--
>Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
>John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
November 27, 2004 9:21:37 AM

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 23:09:00 GMT, <vanton@pacbell.net> wrote:

>Nothing...just stop moving around..

Yeah, it's true about hind-sight being 20/20
I didnt really want to leave ATT. I had my gripes at times, but
nothing like this. Look for my post.

>"RexYBlue" <rexybluezz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Ah, the lure of Rollover was just too great, so I did it. I migrated
>> my account from ATTWS to Cingular. In my home, ATTWS was my only
>> phone, with 4-5 bars of signal strength _anywhere_ in our 4-story
>> condo building, including the elevator. I assumed Cingular would be
>> the same. It isn't. I drop calls going from room to room in my own
>> unit. ATT phone = Nokia 3120. Cingular phone = Motorola v551, but I
>> doubt that's the problem. When I insert a friend's ATT SIM card into
>> my v551, the full signal strength returns. What's wrong here?
>>
>> Silly question, I know, but will they let me reverse migrate?

Anonymous
November 27, 2004 10:42:02 AM

In <41a81c39.2650674@news.east.earthlink.net> on Sat, 27 Nov 2004 06:19:21
GMT, h_arle/yNO.SPAMd_avidso/n@mailcity.com (George) wrote:

>On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 19:43:00 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com>
>wrote:
>
>>In article <hgueq0ta38s9sbt2d5vk1l8a874sta0vcc@4ax.com>,
>> RexYBlue <rexybluezz@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Ah, the lure of Rollover was just too great, so I did it. I migrated
>>> my account from ATTWS to Cingular. In my home, ATTWS was my only
>>> phone, with 4-5 bars of signal strength _anywhere_ in our 4-story
>>> condo building, including the elevator. I assumed Cingular would be
>>> the same. It isn't. I drop calls going from room to room in my own
>>> unit. ATT phone = Nokia 3120. Cingular phone = Motorola v551, but I
>>> doubt that's the problem. When I insert a friend's ATT SIM card into
>>> my v551, the full signal strength returns. What's wrong here?
>>>
>>> Silly question, I know, but will they let me reverse migrate?
>>
>>You have 14 days to cancel your account with Cingular.
>
>Unless you were on an ATT year or more contract, from what Cingular's
>CS tells me.

You always have 30 days to cancel a Cingular service agreement.

November 27, 2004 10:43:07 AM

In <41a81c70.2706020@news.east.earthlink.net> on Sat, 27 Nov 2004 06:20:16
GMT, h_arle/yNO.SPAMd_avidso/n@mailcity.com (George) wrote:

>On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 22:38:17 GMT, John Navas
><spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:

>>You can't get your own plan back, but you can go back.

>Please rephrase that last sentence. I don't understand what you mean.

You can go back to ATTWS, but only to a current rate plan, not necessarily the
rate plan you had previously, which might have been better than current plans.

November 27, 2004 10:50:49 AM

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 07:42:02 GMT, John Navas
<spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:

>[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>
>In <41a81c39.2650674@news.east.earthlink.net> on Sat, 27 Nov 2004 06:19:21
>GMT, h_arle/yNO.SPAMd_avidso/n@mailcity.com (George) wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 19:43:00 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com>
>>wrote:

>>>You have 14 days to cancel your account with Cingular.
>>
>>Unless you were on an ATT year or more contract, from what Cingular's
>>CS tells me.
>
>You always have 30 days to cancel a Cingular service agreement.

That depends on who you talk to. I have about a week left.
I'm told because I ported from an ATT plan to Cingular, that it would
be like cancelling out of a plan, and that I'm not allowed to go back
to ATT.

You seem to be well informed, though, so please let me know.

>--
>Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
>John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
November 27, 2004 10:52:43 AM

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 07:43:07 GMT, John Navas
<spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:

>[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>
>In <41a81c70.2706020@news.east.earthlink.net> on Sat, 27 Nov 2004 06:20:16
>GMT, h_arle/yNO.SPAMd_avidso/n@mailcity.com (George) wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 22:38:17 GMT, John Navas
>><spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>>>You can't get your own plan back, but you can go back.
>
>>Please rephrase that last sentence. I don't understand what you mean.
>
>You can go back to ATTWS, but only to a current rate plan, not necessarily the
>rate plan you had previously, which might have been better than current plans.

I'd like very much to believe that, but every person I've asked tells
me otherwise. I CANNOT go back to ATT, is every Cingular CS
judgement.

>--
>Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
>John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
November 27, 2004 10:55:20 AM

In <41a8318a.8108687@news.east.earthlink.net> on Sat, 27 Nov 2004 07:50:49
GMT, h_arle/yNO.SPAMd_avidso/n@mailcity.com (George) wrote:

>On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 07:42:02 GMT, John Navas
><spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:

>>You always have 30 days to cancel a Cingular service agreement.
>
>That depends on who you talk to.

No, you ALWAYS have 30 days to cancel a Cingular service agreement, as a
matter of formal corporate policy.

>I have about a week left.
>I'm told because I ported from an ATT plan to Cingular, that it would
>be like cancelling out of a plan, and that I'm not allowed to go back
>to ATT.

Not true.

November 27, 2004 11:00:42 AM

In <41a8320d.8239406@news.east.earthlink.net> on Sat, 27 Nov 2004 07:52:43
GMT, h_arle/yNO.SPAMd_avidso/n@mailcity.com (George) wrote:

>On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 07:43:07 GMT, John Navas
><spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:

>>You can go back to ATTWS, but only to a current rate plan, not necessarily the
>>rate plan you had previously, which might have been better than current plans.
>
>I'd like very much to believe that, but every person I've asked tells
>me otherwise. I CANNOT go back to ATT, is every Cingular CS
>judgement.

If you accept that, then you only have yourself to blame.

November 27, 2004 11:29:15 AM

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 07:55:20 GMT, John Navas
<spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:

>[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>
>In <41a8318a.8108687@news.east.earthlink.net> on Sat, 27 Nov 2004 07:50:49
>GMT, h_arle/yNO.SPAMd_avidso/n@mailcity.com (George) wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 07:42:02 GMT, John Navas
>><spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>>>You always have 30 days to cancel a Cingular service agreement.
>>
>>That depends on who you talk to.
>
>No, you ALWAYS have 30 days to cancel a Cingular service agreement, as a
>matter of formal corporate policy.
>
>>I have about a week left.
>>I'm told because I ported from an ATT plan to Cingular, that it would
>>be like cancelling out of a plan, and that I'm not allowed to go back
>>to ATT.
>
>Not true.

OK, I'll see how it goes, if my Google thing isn't sorted out first.

>--
>Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
>John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 5:21:18 AM

Rexyblue,
Here's what happened to you. With the new phone, you were
"load-balanced" [based on an algorithm to balance loading of the RAN.
Radio Network]. As such, since you already tested it with a friends
AWS SIM, the signal is there in the subject area.

You have apparently been load-balanced to the ORG (CW RAN) instead of
the one that has better signal in your apartment unit. Either call
611 or go back to the store and insist that they load-balance you back
to the BLU RAN. If you have challenges, insist on speaking to the
manager. They will engage customer service to push a new BLU profile
to your phone, an IRDB push, over-the-air. This has historically been
just a roaming database update. However, with the new ENS
functionality, there is something called an Acting PLMN on the new 64k
SIMs. This takes priority over the HPLMN which determines what
network is your "home," BLU or ORG.

This should get you working again and you don't have to fight the
uphill battle to get out of the contract. One thing, the new 64K SIMs
will display an Alpha Tag of "Cingular" no matter whether you're on
either BLU or ORG.

Hope that helps ease the concerns.
Zeng

wrote:

>Ah, the lure of Rollover was just too great, so I did it. I migrated
>my account from ATTWS to Cingular. In my home, ATTWS was my only
>phone, with 4-5 bars of signal strength _anywhere_ in our 4-story
>condo building, including the elevator. I assumed Cingular would be
>the same. It isn't. I drop calls going from room to room in my own
>unit. ATT phone = Nokia 3120. Cingular phone = Motorola v551, but I
>doubt that's the problem. When I insert a friend's ATT SIM card into
>my v551, the full signal strength returns. What's wrong here?
>
>Silly question, I know, but will they let me reverse migrate?

Anonymous
November 29, 2004 8:47:03 PM

><http://www.cingular.com/customer_service/common_phone_r...;:
>
> Cingular provides a 30-day return/exchange period... <snip> ...the 30-day
> period for customers porting-in begins on the day the port is
> complete. ...
>
> CINGULAR WILL WAIVE EARLY TERMINATION FEES FOR SERVICE TERMINATED
> WITHIN THE RETURN PERIOD <snip>
>
>Since porting from ATTWS to Cingular involves the purchase of a new phone, you
>have 30 days to cancel.

OK, assuming I can manage to cancel, where do you suggest I turn? My
old AT&T account is gone, and here locally (Westside Los Angeles) they
are telling me they won't port back a number from Cingular. I think
I'd rather leave the new Cingular completely than give up my long
existing phone number.

I'm just really disappointed, partly in myself for so completely
falling for "greener grass" but mainly because I honestly expected
Cingular to work as well or better signal-wise here at my home.
Perhaps the poster who suggested that I give it time is correct. Maybe
it will get better after all the system hardware is integrated.

Guaranteed, though, by then that 30-day trial will be long gone.

>If you get much more grief, file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.
>Believe me, it works.

Perhaps a note to the Attorney General would be better?
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 8:54:49 PM

In <4bnmq0pjll4gu5amnc6m304qu57ms2e94v@4ax.com> on Mon, 29 Nov 2004 17:47:03
GMT, RexYBlue <rexybluezz@hotmail.com> wrote:

>><http://www.cingular.com/customer_service/common_phone_r...;:
>>
>> Cingular provides a 30-day return/exchange period... <snip> ...the 30-day
>> period for customers porting-in begins on the day the port is
>> complete. ...
>>
>> CINGULAR WILL WAIVE EARLY TERMINATION FEES FOR SERVICE TERMINATED
>> WITHIN THE RETURN PERIOD <snip>
>>
>>Since porting from ATTWS to Cingular involves the purchase of a new phone, you
>>have 30 days to cancel.
>
>OK, assuming I can manage to cancel, where do you suggest I turn? ...

See below.

>>If you get much more grief, file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.
>>Believe me, it works.
>
>Perhaps a note to the Attorney General would be better?

I doubt it.

November 29, 2004 8:59:32 PM

THANK YOU!! This makes good sense, and I'll get on it today!

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 02:21:18 GMT, Zeng <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote:

>Rexyblue,
>Here's what happened to you. With the new phone, you were
>"load-balanced" [based on an algorithm to balance loading of the RAN.
>Radio Network]. As such, since you already tested it with a friends
>AWS SIM, the signal is there in the subject area.
>
>You have apparently been load-balanced to the ORG (CW RAN) instead of
>the one that has better signal in your apartment unit. Either call
>611 or go back to the store and insist that they load-balance you back
>to the BLU RAN. If you have challenges, insist on speaking to the
>manager. They will engage customer service to push a new BLU profile
>to your phone, an IRDB push, over-the-air. This has historically been
>just a roaming database update. However, with the new ENS
>functionality, there is something called an Acting PLMN on the new 64k
>SIMs. This takes priority over the HPLMN which determines what
>network is your "home," BLU or ORG.
>
>This should get you working again and you don't have to fight the
>uphill battle to get out of the contract. One thing, the new 64K SIMs
>will display an Alpha Tag of "Cingular" no matter whether you're on
>either BLU or ORG.
>
>Hope that helps ease the concerns.
November 29, 2004 9:59:15 PM

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 17:47:03 GMT, RexYBlue <rexybluezz@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>><http://www.cingular.com/customer_service/common_phone_r...;:
>>
>> Cingular provides a 30-day return/exchange period... <snip> ...the 30-day
>> period for customers porting-in begins on the day the port is
>> complete. ...
>>
>> CINGULAR WILL WAIVE EARLY TERMINATION FEES FOR SERVICE TERMINATED
>> WITHIN THE RETURN PERIOD <snip>
>>
>>Since porting from ATTWS to Cingular involves the purchase of a new phone, you
>>have 30 days to cancel.
>
>OK, assuming I can manage to cancel, where do you suggest I turn? My
>old AT&T account is gone, and here locally (Westside Los Angeles) they
>are telling me they won't port back a number from Cingular. I think
>I'd rather leave the new Cingular completely than give up my long
>existing phone number.

Exactly. They even offered to give me a brand new number for free.
They notated it on my account, but I haven't accepted that yet. I'd
feel VERY ripped off, then, especially since I'm allowed by law to
keep my phone number.

They say that's what will get my GOOGL text messaging working (the
46645). Otherwise, I get charged 1.29. To heck with that.

And, this is exactly why I don't think it's Google's problem.
It works on the other 2 lines I purchased in good faith, from
Cingular, why not mine, where I even added a couple of features?

>I'm just really disappointed, partly in myself for so completely
>falling for "greener grass" but mainly because I honestly expected
>Cingular to work as well or better signal-wise here at my home.

I hear you.

>Perhaps the poster who suggested that I give it time is correct. Maybe
>it will get better after all the system hardware is integrated.
>
>Guaranteed, though, by then that 30-day trial will be long gone.

You know it.

>>If you get much more grief, file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.
>>Believe me, it works.
>
>Perhaps a note to the Attorney General would be better?

Now, I'm reading John Navas's reply, which follows yours, and am
taking it into consideration.
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 10:12:01 PM

In article <gqomq01ejjdgm03nvgn301te560ii3bjn3@4ax.com>,
RexYBlue <rexybluezz@hotmail.com> wrote:

> THANK YOU!! This makes good sense, and I'll get on it today!
>
> On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 02:21:18 GMT, Zeng <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
> >Rexyblue,
> >Here's what happened to you. With the new phone, you were
> >"load-balanced" [based on an algorithm to balance loading of the RAN.
> >Radio Network]. As such, since you already tested it with a friends
> >AWS SIM, the signal is there in the subject area.
> >
> >You have apparently been load-balanced to the ORG (CW RAN) instead of
> >the one that has better signal in your apartment unit. Either call
> >611 or go back to the store and insist that they load-balance you back
> >to the BLU RAN. If you have challenges, insist on speaking to the
> >manager. They will engage customer service to push a new BLU profile
> >to your phone, an IRDB push, over-the-air. This has historically been
> >just a roaming database update. However, with the new ENS
> >functionality, there is something called an Acting PLMN on the new 64k
> >SIMs. This takes priority over the HPLMN which determines what
> >network is your "home," BLU or ORG.
> >
> >This should get you working again and you don't have to fight the
> >uphill battle to get out of the contract. One thing, the new 64K SIMs
> >will display an Alpha Tag of "Cingular" no matter whether you're on
> >either BLU or ORG.
> >
> >Hope that helps ease the concerns.

Fine, will Cingular now provide new 64K sims to all their 20 million
original customers to replace their 32K sims for free?
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 10:13:21 PM

In article <4bnmq0pjll4gu5amnc6m304qu57ms2e94v@4ax.com>,
RexYBlue <rexybluezz@hotmail.com> wrote:

> ><http://www.cingular.com/customer_service/common_phone_r...;:
> >
> > Cingular provides a 30-day return/exchange period... <snip> ...the 30-day
> > period for customers porting-in begins on the day the port is
> > complete. ...
> >
> > CINGULAR WILL WAIVE EARLY TERMINATION FEES FOR SERVICE TERMINATED
> > WITHIN THE RETURN PERIOD <snip>
> >
> >Since porting from ATTWS to Cingular involves the purchase of a new phone,
> >you
> >have 30 days to cancel.
>
> OK, assuming I can manage to cancel, where do you suggest I turn? My
> old AT&T account is gone, and here locally (Westside Los Angeles) they
> are telling me they won't port back a number from Cingular. I think
> I'd rather leave the new Cingular completely than give up my long
> existing phone number.
>
> I'm just really disappointed, partly in myself for so completely
> falling for "greener grass" but mainly because I honestly expected
> Cingular to work as well or better signal-wise here at my home.
> Perhaps the poster who suggested that I give it time is correct. Maybe
> it will get better after all the system hardware is integrated.
>
> Guaranteed, though, by then that 30-day trial will be long gone.
>
> >If you get much more grief, file a complaint with the Better Business
> >Bureau.
> >Believe me, it works.
>
> Perhaps a note to the Attorney General would be better?
Yes to the AG a certified copy to copy HQ. Only Navas thinks letters to
the BBB help. Only very rarely. The BBB has no teeth, as they are paid
by the companies.
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 10:15:19 PM

In <tmrmq0dvuoiaakc7lkavk0ba1vt3m1ms49@4ax.com> on Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:59:15
GMT, George <spamproofemail@here.com> wrote:

>Exactly. They even offered to give me a brand new number for free.
>They notated it on my account, but I haven't accepted that yet. I'd
>feel VERY ripped off, then, especially since I'm allowed by law to
>keep my phone number.

File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Seriously.

>They say that's what will get my GOOGL text messaging working (the
>46645). Otherwise, I get charged 1.29. To heck with that.
>
>And, this is exactly why I don't think it's Google's problem.
>It works on the other 2 lines I purchased in good faith, from
>Cingular, why not mine, where I even added a couple of features?

Google SMS has been very flaky. On my line, sometimes it works, sometimes it
doesn't. Last night I suddenly got a slug of late Google replies, some of
which were over a week old, yet other Google replies had come through
normally, and all my other messages are going through in real time, so I'm
pretty sure these are Google problems.

November 29, 2004 11:06:48 PM

In article <bzKqd.8382$_3.100279@typhoon.sonic.net>, spamfilter0
@navasgroup.com says...
> Google SMS has been very flaky. On my line, sometimes it works, sometimes it
> doesn't. Last night I suddenly got a slug of late Google replies, some of
> which were over a week old, yet other Google replies had come through
> normally, and all my other messages are going through in real time, so I'm
> pretty sure these are Google problems.
Yep, I sent a query for a store name Sat - didn't get a quick answer so
sent it again with a different store name. Got that one back in a
couple of minutes. The first one came in YESTERDAY--correct address and
phone info so it wasn't a no-hit. Just a BIT too late to get any use
out of!!!
--
Jud
Dallas TX USA

RexYBlue wrote:

> Perhaps the poster who suggested that I give it time is correct. Maybe
> it will get better after all the system hardware is integrated.

I am assuming this is all because you had a AT&T base site near you, and
the Cingular one is not so close. It is interesting to consider what
Cingular will do in this case. Will they keep the existing MSCs and
network them together? Move all the cell sites to the same MSC to make
one system with better coverage? Or sell of whatever AT&T stuff they
don't think they need any more. I am assuming to cover the same area
with the increased mobile population, they will be using AT&T equipment,
at least in areas that aren't already overprovisioned. I would complain
to Cingular that you are getting drops and that there is a coverage
hole. Be specific about where, and I woudl think that eventually they
will do something about it. BTW, I wouldn't mention in-building
coverage as the problem. I am not sure how receptive (npi) they would
be to fixing that problem.
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 11:54:13 PM

Zeng wrote:

> You have apparently been load-balanced to the ORG (CW RAN) instead of
> the one that has better signal in your apartment unit. Either call
> 611 or go back to the store and insist that they load-balance you back
> to the BLU RAN.

What do BLU and ORG stand for. I am guessing BLUe for AT&T and ORanGe
for Cingular?
Anonymous
November 30, 2004 12:17:19 AM

In <jzwick3-B3F44E.13132129112004@news1.east.earthlink.net> on Mon, 29 Nov
2004 19:13:21 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>In article <4bnmq0pjll4gu5amnc6m304qu57ms2e94v@4ax.com>,
> RexYBlue <rexybluezz@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> >If you get much more grief, file a complaint with the Better Business
>> >Bureau.
>> >Believe me, it works.
>>
>> Perhaps a note to the Attorney General would be better?

>Yes to the AG a certified copy to copy HQ. Only Navas thinks letters to
>the BBB help. Only very rarely. The BBB has no teeth, as they are paid
>by the companies.

I know the BBB works because I've used it successfully several times.
I know the AG is a waste of time because I've tried that too.
And you?

November 30, 2004 12:25:16 AM

In <jzwick3-E71CA2.13120129112004@news1.east.earthlink.net> on Mon, 29 Nov
2004 19:12:01 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>In article <gqomq01ejjdgm03nvgn301te560ii3bjn3@4ax.com>,
> RexYBlue <rexybluezz@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> THANK YOU!! This makes good sense, and I'll get on it today!
>>
>> On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 02:21:18 GMT, Zeng <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Rexyblue,
>> >Here's what happened to you. With the new phone, you were
>> >"load-balanced" [based on an algorithm to balance loading of the RAN.
>> >Radio Network]. As such, since you already tested it with a friends
>> >AWS SIM, the signal is there in the subject area.
>> >
>> >You have apparently been load-balanced to the ORG (CW RAN) instead of
>> >the one that has better signal in your apartment unit. Either call
>> >611 or go back to the store and insist that they load-balance you back
>> >to the BLU RAN. If you have challenges, insist on speaking to the
>> >manager. They will engage customer service to push a new BLU profile
>> >to your phone, an IRDB push, over-the-air. This has historically been
>> >just a roaming database update. However, with the new ENS
>> >functionality, there is something called an Acting PLMN on the new 64k
>> >SIMs. This takes priority over the HPLMN which determines what
>> >network is your "home," BLU or ORG.
>> >
>> >This should get you working again and you don't have to fight the
>> >uphill battle to get out of the contract. One thing, the new 64K SIMs
>> >will display an Alpha Tag of "Cingular" no matter whether you're on
>> >either BLU or ORG.
>> >
>> >Hope that helps ease the concerns.
>
>Fine, will Cingular now provide new 64K sims to all their 20 million
>original customers to replace their 32K sims for free?

That wouldn't help unless it also replaces handsets, which would take billions
of dollars; i.e., ain't gonna happen any time soon. ;-)

November 30, 2004 7:46:48 AM

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 21:17:19 GMT, John Navas
<spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> said in alt.cellular.cingular:

>I know the BBB works because I've used it successfully several times.
>I know the AG is a waste of time because I've tried that too.

Depends on the individual situation, John. I've had complaints to the
BBB accomplish nothing and I've had complaints to the AG's office
solve the problem.
Anonymous
November 30, 2004 8:25:18 AM

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 20:51:41 -0600, Bob Horvath <usenet@horvath.com>
wrote:
> I would complain
> to Cingular that you are getting drops and that there is a coverage
>hole. Be specific about where, and I woudl think that eventually they
>will do something about it. BTW, I wouldn't mention in-building
>coverage as the problem. I am not sure how receptive (npi) they would
>be to fixing that problem.

And why not? I was getting perfect in-building coverage at home with
ATT Wireless.
Anonymous
November 30, 2004 11:39:31 AM

In <9v0oq0p36prd9g3btrti7lt6jt8no3jd2l@4ax.com> on Tue, 30 Nov 2004 05:25:18
GMT, RexYBlue <rexybluezz@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 20:51:41 -0600, Bob Horvath <usenet@horvath.com>
>wrote:

>> I would complain
>> to Cingular that you are getting drops and that there is a coverage
>>hole. Be specific about where, and I woudl think that eventually they
>>will do something about it. BTW, I wouldn't mention in-building
>>coverage as the problem. I am not sure how receptive (npi) they would
>>be to fixing that problem.
>
>And why not? I was getting perfect in-building coverage at home with
>ATT Wireless.

The why is that carriers consider cellular to be an outdoors technology that
may or may not work indoors. Thus if you complain about indoor coverage, you
may not get much more than sympathy.

November 30, 2004 12:41:42 PM

In article <9ounq0haet7qeogqpvaflsbib59unfmm59@4ax.com>,
Al Klein <rukbat@verizon.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 21:17:19 GMT, John Navas
> <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> said in alt.cellular.cingular:
>
> >I know the BBB works because I've used it successfully several times.
> >I know the AG is a waste of time because I've tried that too.
>
> Depends on the individual situation, John. I've had complaints to the
> BBB accomplish nothing and I've had complaints to the AG's office
> solve the problem.

On all of USENET it seems like Navas is the only one who wants people to
waste their time with the BBB. All the BBB wants is a letter back from
the company saying they looked at the problem, and that closes the case,
regardless of whether the consumer agrees. After all its the companies
paying the BBB not the consumer.
Anonymous
November 30, 2004 12:43:18 PM

In article <J4WdnToZi8GufTbcRVn-ig@comcast.com>,
Bob Horvath <usenet@horvath.com> wrote:

> RexYBlue wrote:
> >>
> > Perhaps the poster who suggested that I give it time is correct. Maybe
> > it will get better after all the system hardware is integrated.
> >

> I am assuming this is all because you had a AT&T base site near you, and
> the Cingular one is not so close. It is interesting to consider what
> Cingular will do in this case. Will they keep the existing MSCs and
> network them together? Move all the cell sites to the same MSC to make
> one system with better coverage? Or sell of whatever AT&T stuff they
> don't think they need any more. I am assuming to cover the same area
> with the increased mobile population, they will be using AT&T equipment,
> at least in areas that aren't already overprovisioned. I would complain
> to Cingular that you are getting drops and that there is a coverage
> hole. Be specific about where, and I woudl think that eventually they
> will do something about it. BTW, I wouldn't mention in-building
> coverage as the problem. I am not sure how receptive (npi) they would
> be to fixing that problem.

Fine but who do you complain to? Calls to 611 get zero results.
Anonymous
November 30, 2004 7:12:57 PM

On 11/29/2004 1:25 PM, John Navas wrote:

> In <jzwick3-E71CA2.13120129112004@news1.east.earthlink.net> on Mon, 29 Nov
> 2004 19:12:01 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:
>>Fine, will Cingular now provide new 64K sims to all their 20 million
>>original customers to replace their 32K sims for free?
>

> That wouldn't help unless it also replaces handsets, which would take billions
> of dollars; i.e., ain't gonna happen any time soon. ;-)

How do we know which phones support ENS?

--
-Rupa
Anonymous

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 20:54:13 -0600, Bob Horvath <usenet@horvath.com>
wrote:

>Zeng wrote:
>>
>> You have apparently been load-balanced to the ORG (CW RAN) instead of
>> the one that has better signal in your apartment unit. Either call
>> 611 or go back to the store and insist that they load-balance you back
>> to the BLU RAN.
>
>What do BLU and ORG stand for. I am guessing BLUe for AT&T and ORanGe
>for Cingular?

Bob, that's correct. It's origin goes back to the pre-merger planning
discussions -- the blue AT&T logo, and the orange "Jack" or X logo
that Cingular uses.
Zeng
December 1, 2004 12:30:50 PM

John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message news:<0tMqd.8411$_3.100306@typhoon.sonic.net>...

> In <jzwick3-E71CA2.13120129112004@news1.east.earthlink.net> on Mon, 29 Nov
> 2004 19:12:01 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> >In article <gqomq01ejjdgm03nvgn301te560ii3bjn3@4ax.com>,
> > RexYBlue <rexybluezz@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> THANK YOU!! This makes good sense, and I'll get on it today!

> >Fine, will Cingular now provide new 64K sims to all their 20 million
> >original customers to replace their 32K sims for free?
>
> That wouldn't help unless it also replaces handsets, which would take billions
> of dollars; i.e., ain't gonna happen any time soon. ;-)

Well when I got my RAZR, Cust Serv said that a 64k was correct and
would improve my sound during playing sounds. Notice That I did not
use "streaming audio" since it is a product. I asked my dealer about
the correctness of the 64k and I was told the 32k was just fine for my
phone. So Just because I bought a new phone and line, they were not
about to give me a 64k. Maybe they did not have any.
Anonymous
December 1, 2004 2:10:32 PM

> In article <9ounq0haet7qeogqpvaflsbib59unfmm59@4ax.com>,
> Al Klein <rukbat@verizon.org> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 21:17:19 GMT, John Navas
>> <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> said in alt.cellular.cingular:
>>
>> >I know the BBB works because I've used it successfully several times.
>> >I know the AG is a waste of time because I've tried that too.
>>
>> Depends on the individual situation, John. I've had complaints to the
>> BBB accomplish nothing and I've had complaints to the AG's office
>> solve the problem.
>
> On all of USENET it seems like Navas is the only one who wants people to
> waste their time with the BBB. All the BBB wants is a letter back from
> the company saying they looked at the problem, and that closes the case,
> regardless of whether the consumer agrees. After all its the companies
> paying the BBB not the consumer.

That wasn't true in my case, see my post above.

bamp
Anonymous
December 1, 2004 8:27:26 PM

In article <YpOdnfKqmsScZjDcRVn-qA@centurytel.net>,
"bamp" <bampatcenturyteldotnet> wrote:

> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > In article <9ounq0haet7qeogqpvaflsbib59unfmm59@4ax.com>,
> > Al Klein <rukbat@verizon.org> wrote:

> >> Depends on the individual situation, John. I've had complaints to the
> >> BBB accomplish nothing and I've had complaints to the AG's office
> >> solve the problem.
> >
> > On all of USENET it seems like Navas is the only one who wants people to
> > waste their time with the BBB. All the BBB wants is a letter back from
> > the company saying they looked at the problem, and that closes the case,
> > regardless of whether the consumer agrees. After all its the companies
> > paying the BBB not the consumer.
>
> That wasn't true in my case, see my post above.

Again anedcotal evidence counts for zero. BBB is worthless, even if on
rare occasions it helps someone.
Anonymous
December 1, 2004 8:48:31 PM

In <jzwick3-AB4CAA.11272601122004@news1.east.earthlink.net> on Wed, 01 Dec
2004 17:27:26 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>In article <YpOdnfKqmsScZjDcRVn-qA@centurytel.net>,
> "bamp" <bampatcenturyteldotnet> wrote:
>
>> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message

>> > On all of USENET it seems like Navas is the only one who wants people to
>> > waste their time with the BBB.

Hardly. LOL

>> > All the BBB wants is a letter back from
>> > the company saying they looked at the problem, and that closes the case,
>> > regardless of whether the consumer agrees.

Not true. Learn something about the BBB before presuming to attack it. Good
place to start: <http://www.dr.bbb.org/&gt;.

>> > After all its the companies
>> > paying the BBB not the consumer.
>>
>> That wasn't true in my case, see my post above.
>
>Again anedcotal evidence counts for zero.

Not when it directly refutes your ranting. What counts for zero are your wild
and unsupported accusations.

>BBB is worthless, even if on
>rare occasions it helps someone.

"...arbitrators of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Division in the
Better Business Bureau are helping us meet this important challenge,
saving many Americans valuable time and money. Through hard work and
dedication, these volunteers settle conflicts for countless
businesses and consumers, letting the wheels of our economy continue
to run smoothly."
President Bill Clinton

"In announcing the [California Department of Consumer Affairs] survey
results, the department praised the Better Business Bureau program
for demonstrating 'above-average consistency...'We think the question
of fairness goes directly to the opportunity for an oral hearing...to
give consumers their day in court,' said Peter Brightbill, chief of
the department's arbitration review program. 'The survey numbers bear
this out.'"
The Los Angeles Times, Friday, September 3, 1993

"One of the best arbitration programs there is today is the BBB AUTO
LINE program..."
Honorable Lee Fisher, Ohio Attorney General

"Your work as decision-makers in arbitration hearings--where you
listen, consider, and carefully help people solve their problems
peacefully--is a gift to the community."
Barbara Bush

December 1, 2004 9:16:59 PM

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 02:21:18 GMT, Zeng <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote:

>Rexyblue,
>Here's what happened to you. With the new phone, you were
>"load-balanced" [based on an algorithm to balance loading of the RAN.
>Radio Network]. As such, since you already tested it with a friends
>If you have challenges, insist on speaking to the
>manager.

Hey Zeng,

Do you work for Cingular? Can YOU do this procedure for my phone? If
so, email me: russ90069 at yahoo dot com.

NO ONE at Cingular CS is the least bit interested in helping me out.
NO ONE, including supervisors, has ever heard of or admits to knowing
about load balancing. "Just give it time until the merger is
complete...." "Maybe there's a tower down somewhere...." Blah Blah
Blah.

I did learn this: I have 30 days (well, now it's down to 22) to iron
this out or I can in fact cancel the contract with no early
termination fee. Had the CS double check with the supervisor, and
yessirree, out with no fee! It's looking good.

BTW, I was in NY for a couple of days (Queens and Manhattan) where
AT&T Wireless GSM had given me no trouble before. This time I had at
least a dozen dropped calls in a 30 hour period.

Today no one can call me (busy signal) or leave a voice mail (busy
signal) even though I can call out so I'll be on the phone to Cingular
CS once again in just a few minutes. I discovered this last night, but
of course, Cingular CS was closed for the evening.

I prefer GSM because of my travels, but this is ridiculous. And forget
T-Mobile. That's even worse. I'm very frustrated with and even more
disappointed in this merger.
December 1, 2004 9:17:00 PM

> On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 02:21:18 GMT, Zeng <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
> >Rexyblue,
> >Here's what happened to you. With the new phone, you were
> >"load-balanced" [based on an algorithm to balance loading of the RAN.
> >Radio Network]. As such, since you already tested it with a friends
> >If you have challenges, insist on speaking to the
> >manager.
>

> Hey Zeng,
>
> Do you work for Cingular? Can YOU do this procedure for my phone? If
> so, email me: russ90069 at yahoo dot com.
>
> NO ONE at Cingular CS is the least bit interested in helping me out.
> NO ONE, including supervisors, has ever heard of or admits to knowing
> about load balancing. "Just give it time until the merger is
> complete...." "Maybe there's a tower down somewhere...." Blah Blah
> Blah.
>
> I did learn this: I have 30 days (well, now it's down to 22) to iron
> this out or I can in fact cancel the contract with no early
> termination fee. Had the CS double check with the supervisor, and
> yessirree, out with no fee! It's looking good.

If you also got a new phone, you have the lesser of 30 days or 30 (you
should check on this) minutes of call time.
Anonymous
December 1, 2004 10:00:01 PM

Navas:

Are you on The BBB payroll? How can you defend the BBB when it more
directly is paid by the companies it polices, and then go and dispute
J.D. Power results when the indirectly get paid by the companies it
reports on.

When a consumer has a dispute with a business entity, if the business
entity says they looked at the problem, the BBB closes the case
regardless of what the consumer says.
Anonymous
December 1, 2004 10:34:41 PM

In <jzwick3-C6A780.13000101122004@news1.east.earthlink.net> on Wed, 01 Dec
2004 19:00:01 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>Are you on The BBB payroll?

No. Are you?

>How can you defend the BBB when it more
>directly is paid by the companies it polices,

Because it has a very good track record, as evidenced by the citations
I posted.

>and then go and dispute
>J.D. Power results when the indirectly get paid by the companies it
>reports on.

Once again, what I actually said (wrote) was that JD Powers is "good."
What part of "good" don't you understand?

>When a consumer has a dispute with a business entity, if the business
>entity says they looked at the problem, the BBB closes the case
>regardless of what the consumer says.

Once again, not true. Learn something about the BBB before presuming to
attack it. Good place to start: <http://www.dr.bbb.org/&gt;.

Do you actually read anything? Or do you just make up stuff as you go along?

December 2, 2004 12:16:43 AM

In article <l1prd.8754$_3.104782@typhoon.sonic.net>,

> In <jzwick3-C6A780.13000101122004@news1.east.earthlink.net> on Wed, 01 Dec
> 2004 19:00:01 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> >Are you on The BBB payroll?
>
> No. Are you?
>
> >How can you defend the BBB when it more
> >directly is paid by the companies it polices,
>
> Because it has a very good track record, as evidenced by the citations
> I posted.

Did you flunk statistics in college. Anecdotal individual endorsements
mean nothing? The BBB is meant to deflect criticism, not solve it, look
at the promotional materials it gives business.

"The Council of Better Business Bureaus, Inc. helps companies and major
corporations manage consumer disputes through its Dispute Resolution
Division."

http://www.dr.bbb.org/

manage disputes...not solve them
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 1:36:46 AM

In <jzwick3-B08E91.15164301122004@news1.east.earthlink.net> on Wed, 01 Dec
2004 21:16:43 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>In article <l1prd.8754$_3.104782@typhoon.sonic.net>,
> John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:

>> Because it has a very good track record, as evidenced by the citations
>> I posted.
>
>Did you flunk statistics in college.

I passed with honors. And you?

>Anecdotal individual endorsements
>mean nothing?

Those are far more than "anecdotal individual endorsements" -- or didn't you
bother to actually read them (as usual)?

>The BBB is meant to deflect criticism, not solve it,

Nonsense.

>look
>at the promotional materials it gives business.

Been there; done that. And you?

>"The Council of Better Business Bureaus, Inc. helps companies and major
>corporations manage consumer disputes through its Dispute Resolution
>Division."
>
>http://www.dr.bbb.org/
>
>manage disputes...not solve them

LOL! Is that kind of semantic game the best you can do? Grow up and get a
life.

December 2, 2004 2:19:08 AM

In article <2Irrd.8786$_3.104970@typhoon.sonic.net>,

> In <jzwick3-B08E91.15164301122004@news1.east.earthlink.net> on Wed, 01 Dec
> 2004 21:16:43 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> >In article <l1prd.8754$_3.104782@typhoon.sonic.net>,
> > John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
> >> Because it has a very good track record, as evidenced by the citations
> >> I posted.
> >
> >Did you flunk statistics in college.
>
> I passed with honors. And you?
>
> >Anecdotal individual endorsements
> >mean nothing?
>
> Those are far more than "anecdotal individual endorsements" -- or didn't you
> bother to actually read them (as usual)?

4 endorsements is not a statistical proof of value. Did you bribe your
statistics prof to pass?

> >The BBB is meant to deflect criticism, not solve it,
>
> Nonsense.

They say so.

> >look
> >at the promotional materials it gives business.
>
> Been there; done that. And you?

Quoted below.

> >"The Council of Better Business Bureaus, Inc. helps companies and major
> >corporations manage consumer disputes through its Dispute Resolution
> >Division."
> >
> >http://www.dr.bbb.org/
> >
> >manage disputes...not solve them
>
> LOL! Is that kind of semantic game the best you can do? Grow up and get a
> life.

Insulting me doesnt change the fact that the BBB's purpose in life is to
deflect disputes not resolve them.

Words have meaning, even if you ignore them.
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 2:19:09 AM

> In article <2Irrd.8786$_3.104970@typhoon.sonic.net>,
> John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>>
>> In <jzwick3-B08E91.15164301122004@news1.east.earthlink.net> on Wed, 01
>> Dec
>> 2004 21:16:43 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>> >Did you flunk statistics in college.
>>
>> I passed with honors. And you?
>>
>> >Anecdotal individual endorsements
>> >mean nothing?
>>
>> Those are far more than "anecdotal individual endorsements" -- or didn't
>> you
>> bother to actually read them (as usual)?
>
> 4 endorsements is not a statistical proof of value. Did you bribe your
> statistics prof to pass?
>

>> >The BBB is meant to deflect criticism, not solve it,
>>
>> Nonsense.
>
> They say so.
>>
>> >look
>> >at the promotional materials it gives business.
>>
>> Been there; done that. And you?
>
> Quoted below.
>>
>> >"The Council of Better Business Bureaus, Inc. helps companies and major
>> >corporations manage consumer disputes through its Dispute Resolution
>> >Division."
>> >
>> >http://www.dr.bbb.org/
>> >
>> >manage disputes...not solve them
>>
>> LOL! Is that kind of semantic game the best you can do? Grow up and get
>> life.
>
> Insulting me doesnt change the fact that the BBB's purpose in life is to
> deflect disputes not resolve them.

Not so in my case, they got me the $300.00, credit owed me by Cingular!!!

bamp
> Words have meaning, even if you ignore them.
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 7:00:18 AM

In <jzwick3-79BE9A.17190801122004@news1.east.earthlink.net> on Wed, 01 Dec
2004 23:19:08 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>In article <2Irrd.8786$_3.104970@typhoon.sonic.net>,
> John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:

>> Those are far more than "anecdotal individual endorsements" -- or didn't you
>> bother to actually read them (as usual)?
>
>4 endorsements is not a statistical proof of value.

I have something, you have nothing. You'll have to do a lot better than that.

>Did you bribe your
>statistics prof to pass?

No. And you?

>> >The BBB is meant to deflect criticism, not solve it,
>>
>> Nonsense.
>
>They say so.

Nope.

>> >look
>> >at the promotional materials it gives business.
>>
>> Been there; done that. And you?
>
>Quoted below.

You mean misconstrued.

>> LOL! Is that kind of semantic game the best you can do? Grow up and get a
>> life.
>
>Insulting me doesnt change the fact that the BBB's purpose in life is to
>deflect disputes not resolve them.

Nope.

>Words have meaning, even if you ignore them.

Words have meaning, even if you have no clue what they really mean.

December 2, 2004 7:12:21 AM

In <bhciq0d3sbv7iqgoj3cgps1url4lao23hj@4ax.com> on Mon, 29 Nov 2004 02:21:18
GMT, Zeng <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote:

>Rexyblue,
>Here's what happened to you. With the new phone, you were
>"load-balanced" [based on an algorithm to balance loading of the RAN.
>Radio Network]. As such, since you already tested it with a friends
>AWS SIM, the signal is there in the subject area.
>
>You have apparently been load-balanced to the ORG (CW RAN) instead of
>the one that has better signal in your apartment unit. Either call
>611 or go back to the store and insist that they load-balance you back
>to the BLU RAN. If you have challenges, insist on speaking to the
>manager. They will engage customer service to push a new BLU profile
>to your phone, an IRDB push, over-the-air. This has historically been
>just a roaming database update. ...

With all due respect, that makes no sense, because that's not the way GSM
works. As an ATTWS subscriber, your SIM is programmed with ATTWS as the Home
network, which will be selected when there is a "usable" ATTWS signal even if
Cingular has a better signal. Likewise as a Cingular subscriber, your SIM is
programmed with Cingular as the Home network, which will be selected when
there is a "usable" Cingular signal even if ATTWS has a better signal. There
is no "load balancing."

December 2, 2004 7:14:44 AM

In <8q1sq05ge2kde7f0gmcbgsl52g5ktfi3p0@4ax.com> on Wed, 01 Dec 2004 18:16:59
GMT, RexYBlue <rexybluezz@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 02:21:18 GMT, Zeng <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
>>Rexyblue,
>>Here's what happened to you. With the new phone, you were
>>"load-balanced" [based on an algorithm to balance loading of the RAN.
>>Radio Network]. As such, since you already tested it with a friends
>>If you have challenges, insist on speaking to the
>>manager.
>
>Hey Zeng,
>
>Do you work for Cingular? Can YOU do this procedure for my phone? If
>so, email me: russ90069 at yahoo dot com.

There is no such procedure -- see my response to his posting.

>NO ONE at Cingular CS is the least bit interested in helping me out.
>NO ONE, including supervisors, has ever heard of or admits to knowing
>about load balancing. ...

That's because there is no such thing.

December 2, 2004 7:15:16 AM

In <316jjfF38s9hsU1@individual.net> on Wed, 1 Dec 2004 14:15:58 -0500, "Alan"
<alan@erols.com> wrote:

>"RexYBlue" <rexybluezz@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> I did learn this: I have 30 days (well, now it's down to 22) to iron
>> this out or I can in fact cancel the contract with no early
>> termination fee. Had the CS double check with the supervisor, and
>> yessirree, out with no fee! It's looking good.
>
>If you also got a new phone, you have the lesser of 30 days or 30 (you
>should check on this) minutes of call time.

You always have 30 days.