OC'ing with P5W DH Deluxe

AKJ

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2006
Would just like to know how to set the multiplyer in the BIOS. I know how to set the FSB, but i dont see the multiplyer configuration..

I would like to set my FSB to 333 and the multiplyer to 8, is this better than 266 * 9 btw? (I know the clock frequency will be higher, not sure if performance will be better)

So i effectivley should have a E6600 clocked at 2664MHz. Oh and will this be safe since im using stock cooling?

monkeybite

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2006
Would just like to know how to set the multiplyer in the BIOS. I know how to set the FSB, but i dont see the multiplyer configuration.

In the BIOS, goto 'CPU Configuration', there you will need to disable the ratio lock, and then just below that you will be able to change the multiplyer from it's default value.

I would like to set my FSB to 333 and the multiplyer to 8, is this better than 266 * 9 btw? (I know the clock frequency will be higher, not sure if performance will be better)

266 * 9 = 2394Mhz , 333 * 8 = 2664Mhz. So, if by 'better' you mean faster, then 333*9 will result in a faster clock speed than 266*9. Performance will be better (@333*9) assuming that RAM runs at the same speed/timings.

Oh and will this be safe since im using stock cooling?

This should be safe on stock cooling, download CoreTemp to monitor the temps, but if you don't have to change the stock vCore, you shouldn't run into any heat problems at 333*9 or 266*8.

TRENDING THREADS