• Power Supplies
  • SATA
  • Hard Drives
  • Cable
  • Components
Last response: in Components
November 7, 2006 11:42:26 AM

Hi!
On my current build, I have 3 seagate SATA drives and one floppy drive and a DVD RW (along with the mb/cpu/gpu/mem etc). The PSU I'm using is a non-modular one (OCZ600GXSSLI).
This PSU has two cables for the SATA drives - each can support 3 drives. To keep cable clutter at the minimum, I've rolled one of these cables up and and not using it. On the other SATA cable, I've attached all 3 drives. It works fine, but is it ok to connect all 3 drives on one cable (when I have another cable unused)? Or should I move one of the drives to the other unused cable?

Thanks!

More about : hdd separate cables psu

a b ) Power supply
November 7, 2006 11:54:00 AM

Quote:
but is it ok to connect all 3 drives on one cable (when I have another cable unused)? Or should I move one of the drives to the other unused cable?

You're just fine! No Worrys :wink:
November 7, 2006 12:13:36 PM

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The forum gods come down and grace us with their presence... we shall now offer up a sacrifice... please take BaronMatrix and do with him as you please...

On the topic, no problem... only issues that PSU's will experience (nice choice on PSU) is if there is too much of a draw that will overload the PSU, but considering each HDD only consumes around 10W at load, this is pretty much a moot point...

Anyone know what rail HDD's usually connect too?
November 7, 2006 12:17:52 PM

Thank you everyone! :) 
I like this PSU - with cables long enough to route them to keep em concealed - I was using an Antec neo480 earlier - the cables were too short and so, the case was a mess!
(just wish the OCZ was modular - oh well, maybe for my next build) *Smile*

Thanks again!
!