Sign in with
Your question

Printer working....or not!!!

Last response: in Components
November 7, 2006 11:54:08 AM

I have been playing with this issue for a couple of days and finaly I am breaking down and asking for help !

Anyway the problem is when I print a text document it spits out all my blank paper (trying to print 65,586 or so pages) wich normaly I would just buy a new printer buuuuttttt if I print a HTML document it works fine !

Printer is a Lexmark Z611 wich cost me like 40$ at walmart so its no big deal if it cant be fixed.

Solutions tried (Lexmarks site was useless for my issue) I uninstalled the driver and all the software that came with it scrubbed the registry of anything that said Lexmark. Then reinstalled the driver and it still has the same issue. Any help would be apreciated :) 

More about : printer working

November 7, 2006 12:20:14 PM

Unfortunately when Lexmark starts that crap you're better off to just replace the thing, you may temporarily stop it and think the problem is resolved and it will start back again, causing you grief and lost time.

I finally ditched my Lexmark for an Epson but HP makes a good printer too.
November 7, 2006 12:36:41 PM

Quote:
Almost sounds like you have the page count up in the print properties. Though i'm sure you already checked that.

Actualy I hadnt but im not sure about how to do that (printers are my weakest area in all of PC land I hate the things lol)

Yeah I probably will just replace it hmmm I think it lasted me a little more then a year so I guess it was worth the 40$ lol I think I saw a cheapy HP for like 60$ at Wally World so maybe I will just upgrade to that :) 
Related resources
November 7, 2006 1:08:33 PM

Quote:
Pull up a document the go to file then print. A window will pop up so you can choose the number of pages and quality and what not.

^^^Good point, also reinstalling the driver may not reset the page count in that particular program, making it look like the printer/software is broken.

If all else fails call Lexmark India support. It’s free as far as i know 1-800-lexmark.

I used to be a mono laser software+hardware tech before they outsourced my team.
November 7, 2006 1:10:24 PM

My In-laws HP is doing the same thing, try this for my sake if you would. Change the ink color in your text document to magenta and try printing the page, and try cyan and yellow as well.

My In-laws printer was doing the same thing as yours, print off the internet, but not a text document. When I tried printing the text document in different colors it began working. But now the cyan has quit printing as well and I am guessing that something might of happened to the ribbon cable. But their printer is over 5 years old so go figure.
November 7, 2006 1:22:09 PM

Quote:
... to the ribbon cable...

DUDE you suck at printers.

I know of no dot matrix color printers sold around 2001.

Sorry dude, but after working with these things for so long, it would be like someone talking about how they installed a pci gfx card into a pci-express slot.
November 7, 2006 1:38:33 PM

Quote:
DUDE you suck at printers.

I know of no dot matrix color printers sold around 2001.

Sorry dude, but after working with these things for so long, it would be like someone talking about how they installed a pci gfx card into a pci-express slot.

DUDE have you ever seen that gold/orange flexible piece of material that is connected to the printhead carrier? DUDE, thats like a ribbon cable DUDE, like totally DUDE.

And for the record.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16828103044
!