ASUS VENTO or Thermaltake ARMOR which one???

fate0n3

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006
I would def. get the Thermaltake Armor VA8000SWA Silver/Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case. It has a lot more internal room and expansion slots available. And alot better air flow to cool the case. I agree with labbby the Vento focus is on the looks of the case.

tolemi

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2006
thanks buddy but I have to limit the choice among them I mean ..ASUS Vento, TT Armor,TT Tai-Chi.. because of availability.

G

The vento is their only model as far as I know, introduced ~18month ago

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Well, not a good start for their case business anyways. I didn't even look at the specs because it is UGLY! What is the point in the sides bulging out like that? From newegg's pics it doesn't appear to be functional at all.

Assman

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2005
definitely TT Armor but get this one w/ 25CM Fan Side Panel
11-133-021-13.jpg

G

All that plastic IS cheap and flimsy....wanabe alienware or something

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Exactly, that what people would think when looking at the Vento. Asus should focus on the graphics card and motherboard not cases.

My favorite case makers are Thermaltake, Lian Li and CoolerMaster.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I still love Antec cases. They aren't as flashy as most and are of great build quality, plus if they come with a PSU, its usually half decent.

bullaRh

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
have u looked on the Thermaltake VE2000BWS Armor LCS Full with water cooling? anyone know anything about it? l00ks damn neat

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I agree that the Silverstone TJ09 is a great case, but it has a few problems:

1) Its really big, which for some is good, others not so much (to big for my comp room),

2) Its expensive, but then again, you get what you pay for,

4) Its kinda ugly. Yes its simple (and I like simple), but its a little TOO simple. Its just a box with some squares cut out of it.

Other than that, it is technically speaking a great case.

3lfk1ng

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
I agree that the Silverstone TJ09 is a great case, but it has a few problems:

1) Its really big, which for some is good, others not so much (to big for my comp room),

2) Its expensive, but then again, you get what you pay for,

4) Its kinda ugly. Yes its simple (and I like simple), but its a little TOO simple. Its just a box with some squares cut out of it.

Other than that, it is technically speaking a great case.

It basically says "IM A MAN" instead of "im a wee little boy looking childish curves and silly looking windows"

Thats the whole idea....also Silverstone makes some of the finest cases available alongside Lan-Li (I like Silverstone more that Lan-li imo). Over the past few years Silverstone cases have been chosen for almost every single dream machine ever built just because of sheer quality, look, feel, and performance.

There is a reason why the price is where it's at, because your paying for the best of the best.

Nitro350Z

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2006
I like some of the suggestions being made, like the silverstone and armor cases.

If I could add, maybe take a look at some of the coolermaster stacker cases. I personally really like the 830, but the 810 and the original stacker are great if you're looking for lots of room and good cooling. just a thought...

Should also take a look at the Lian-Li offerings, the full sized V series looks pretty good.

Just my $0.02

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
It basically says "IM A MAN" instead of "im a wee little boy looking childish curves and silly looking windows"

Nice. I guess that's true. So its a "real man's" case then. Like a mustang (poor quality aside) is a real man's car. That's fine, I'll still choose a Ferrari or even a TVR or Aston Martin.

I don't need childish curves, I just think the TJ09 is boring. I like plain cases like the Antec P180 and I love a lot of Lian-Li's cases. The TJ09 is utilitarian (which is good), but you can make a utilitarian case that still looks good without anything flamboyant (see Lian-Li).

I can understand users who just want a case that will perform well and doesn't look like a disco-infused epileptic law suit. For people who want a case to sit under their desk and not draw any attention (good or bad), the TJ09 is the case for you. But that has nothing to do with it being a good looking case, it just isn't unsightly.

That being said, I would consider the TJ09 (cost aside) based purely on its performance, which is top notch.

Also, I have never owned a case with a window. The only reason I would get one is if I wanted the side intake, which usually means you have to have a window.

Nitro350Z

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2006
Also, I have never owned a case with a window. The only reason I would get one is if I wanted the side intake, which usually means you have to have a window.

I havent seem many cases with both windows and a side intake. I've noticed that usually it's one or the other and for the most part it's neither, opposite to what you have suggested, I may be wrong tho, but thats just my experience. If you really wanted a case with a side intake and didnt care about a window, it's not that hard to mod it yourself or buy a premade side panel from a place like FrozenCPU or Performance-PCS

Either way I'm just nitpicking details. :wink:
and forgive my grammar/punctuation, too tired to clean it up...