Canon scanner light source scanning element dirfferences

Hi
What's the difference between a CIS Scanning element with an LED
Light source and a CCD Scanning element with a Cold cathode
fluorescent lamp Light source in regards to scanning quality results
etc.?

Is the CC D required for film scanners? or do they give better results

I don't need a film scanner - just for photos, CD/DVD covers and OCR

I'm pulled between the Canonscan lide 35 and the lide 80

Martin
©¿©¬
1 answer Last reply
More about canon scanner light source scanning element dirfferences

    <Martin ©¿©¬ @REMOVETHIS.plus.com> wrote in message

    > Hi
    > What's the difference between a CIS Scanning element with an LED
    > Light source and a CCD Scanning element with a Cold cathode
    > fluorescent lamp Light source in regards to scanning quality results
    > etc.?
    >
    > Is the CC D required for film scanners? or do they give better results
    >
    > I don't need a film scanner - just for photos, CD/DVD covers and OCR
    >
    > I'm pulled between the Canonscan lide 35 and the lide 80
    >
    > Martin
    > ©¿©¬
    CCD + Cold Cathode scanners are reputed to give better quality scans with
    improved colour accuracy than the cheaper (but usually more compact) CIS
    scanners. I've never actually used a CIS scanner so am only going by what
    I've read and I assume there will be great individual variation. As for
    those 2 models you mention, I'm unfamiliar with both but if one uses CCD and
    the other CIS, all else being equal, I'd go for the CCD one.

    Paul

Scanners Light Canon Peripherals