shata

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
yup

newegg.com
monarchcomputers.com

Is also good in my experience.

Xoxide.com and frozencpu are good to for computer mods.

boduke

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
We use zipzoomfly quite a bit at work for our custom built HTPC's and component testing for the aforementioned PC's....between them and Newegg they get the bulk of our component business....

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
Anyone out there like Tigerdirect.com?

I've had nothing but bad experiences with them... one delayed order and another that I had to cancel because of deceptive claims. They said it was in stock... and yet the moment I placed the order button it STILL said in stock... but it would ship in 7-10 days... THAT is in stock? My ass.

I honestly would recommend avoiding TG and I think of a lot of people here will agree with that.

Mondoman

Splendid
TD is fine, but their prices are typically higher than zzf or newegg, and their shipping charges are pretty high. They do often have bargain deals (especially of older stuff to be closed out) that can be good buys, but sometimes are just junk. You definitely have to do your own research before buying (but that's true just about anywhere). OTOH, their customer service is very good.
A couple of other places to add to your list are pcconnection.com, frys.com, and ncix.com (the last has both Canadian and US prices/shipping/etc). The first two can get you many items delivered the next day, even up to a midnight(?) Eastern time order cutoff. Pretty cool when you find out at 8PM that you despereately need something tomorrow.

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
I bought my Core 2 Duo and My Corsair memory from them. They came ULTRA FAST w/ 2 day Fedex service for only $1.99

Exellent service from them.

Tigerdirect is other story. They delayed my Core 2 Duo shipment like 2 weeks. They suck in updating their "stock" buttons.
They also make u pay for taxes in FL and IL which sucks cuz I live in FL.

But I have to admit they have SOMETIMES good deals. Still shipping prices are kinda high.

3lfk1ng

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
For components:
Monarchcomputers.com is great
Zipzoomfly.com is great
Newegg.com is my favorite (Once you know...you newegg)

For mods:
Svc.com is great
Xoxide.com is great
Frozencpu.com is great
Performance-pcs.com is my favorite (They sleeve most things in your choice of sleeving for free)

The bad:
Tigerdirect.com (sometimes they will ship you used products pakaged "Like-new", they are well known for that)

PCcashCow

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
Is zipzoomfly a reliable website to order from?
I've always edged out on zipzoomfly better than on newegg. Since I live the northeast I get wacked on taxes and shipping. I have never paid shipping or taxes with Zipzoomfly (googlegrear was a much better name). I usually use newegg now for refrences on user reviews and product info, then cross refreces with zipzoomfly.

Tiger is great for those products you can't seem to find anywhere else. But again shipping and taxes kill me there too.

PCcashCow

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
No idea, but everyone has good deals. I got tired of seeing the bottom line jump once I had everything in my cart. I'm old now, just go with what works for me.

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
I want to know real fast

Svc.com is great
Xoxide.com is great
Frozencpu.com is great
Performance-pcs.com is my favorite

Are all of those good ones? I really like perfomance-pcs.com because I dont have to pay for taxes and they have USPS Priority Mail which is 10.95 which I really like.

What about Svc.com? xoxide.com? frozencpu? are they all good and ship fast?

Red8316

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2006
Anyone know of any good sites that ship to Canada or who are in Canada? Taxes suck up here and the shipping can kill sometimes. Thanks.

3lfk1ng

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
Svc.com is great
Xoxide.com is great
Frozencpu.com is great
Performance-pcs.com is my favorite

Are all of those good ones? I really like perfomance-pcs.com because I dont have to pay for taxes and they have USPS Priority Mail which is 10.95 which I really like.

Yeah, Slim142 I buy stuff from Performance-pcs.com and I love the prices there. Also most of the stuff comes presleeved with your choice of colors for free (psu's cost additional though)

I have purchased parts from all of those sites and they are very professional and appear very commonly in the "Maximum PC" magazine (my fav mag 2nd to cherri 8O )

Performance-pc carries a lot of items you will never find on newegg...and a lot of them you wont find anywhere else.

The jing ting that wusy likes is available on that site and if you scroll down you notice that you can choose your choice of sleeving for free.

DaBigHurt

Distinguished
May 21, 2006
As far as for my pc build and parts I have ordered from Newegg, ZipZoomFly, Frozecpu, Xoxide, CrazyPC and TigerDirect. All have been good to me and have no problem.

I double that post. Ive had good luck with my orders. Not one RMA. (*knocks on wood) Although my last Mobo from newegg had some fingerprints all over the heatsink, I was about to RMA it but decided to test it out, and so far so good. but god know how much i HATE to pay something at retail price and receive something like that.

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
It just means the fan wire comes sleeved in heatshrink wrapping in whichever color you choose. Pretty nice little detail if you have a windowed case and worry about that stuff (like me)

3lfk1ng

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
When you get a powersupply nowadays....the cables come sleeved right?

Notice the cables on this PSU...some are sleeved some arent

When you order a fan from newegg the cables are exposed (Red, yellow, black brown...etc etc) and wiring them all throughout your case makes it look very messy and unorganized.

If you want to make your computer look clean....you'll buy the stuff to sleeve the cables

But see....no other website on the planet does what Performance-pcs.com does.....they sleeve the cables and apply heatshink tubing for free if you click on that link you will see that all the fans have the word "Sleeved" included in the Product name....then if you click on the product....and scroll down till your see the "add to cart button"....right above that you can choose what kind of sleeving and heatshrink tubing you want them to use.

If you choose that same sleeving for all the components in your case it will look very clean and organized... and very professional without you having to go throguh the trouble of sleeving it yourself.

Here is a Vandal switch I purchase from them....and they sleeved the cable for me using Blue uv reactive sleeving and Blue uv reactive Heatshrink tubing.
img4742en4.jpg

It's perfect for people who are into professinal modding or just want to have that "Professional" look and feel. If you have a see-through window on your case then having sleeved cables is what it takes to make your case look nice.

Some sleeving on that site is free....some costs you a little bit more, but it's entirely worth it. Even the heatsinks come sleeved for free so its a much better deal than even newegg.