Oh god, what did I do?

Tigress

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2006
Okay how do you fix this... I've been trying to get my SLI configuration working, and as an experiment I went into the BIOS and switched my PCI-E slot 2, to be my primary PCI-E... Now when I restart my PC... I have no picture until I get to windows... which means I can't access the BIOS, because I can't see it. Any ideas?

Tigress

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2006
Well um... yeah, plugging it into my other video card WORKED... like I was able to see my BIOS and what not, but then when I got to windows the moniter turned off again, so the exact oposite happened lol... mind boggling... However I changed the setting back in my BIOS so all should be well now, once I switch the plug back to my primary video card... Now back to trying to get my SLI working

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
Congratulations... You just confirmed that your sli is not working...

When sli is functioning properly, you should be able to plug monitor to either card and be able to see windows. TBH, I've never tried to plug monitor into secondary prior to post to see what happened, but have switched cards to test vista sli. (control panel has no sli config, 3dmark says its enabled, so that was my wee test)

Tigress

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2006
Endless problems... nothing but endless problems... Now my mouse is invisible????? Grrrr... This better be one time only, and better be fixed when I restart my PC... brb

Tigress

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2006
Well yes, restarting fixed that, but even the fact that it happened -one- is disturbing, because if it happens once... there is a chance it will happen again... As for my SLI not working, please refer to my "Did I do it right?" Post... and check things out, i've been trying to get it working for quite some time now, and any idea/suggestions are apreciated.