Ipaq 4700. Can I have location of the synced documents?

February 17, 2005 3:39:24 AM

I just bought a Ipaq 4700 and love it except when syncing I often have
a large number of documents that almost fill up the memory. I have a
1 gig card installed though. Is it possible for me to change the
default sync location so that when I do a sync with the PC any files
that are to be synced are put into a location on the expansion card
instead?
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 6:56:52 PM

>> 1 gig of synced documents <<

With that volume of documents, would suggest that you consider a PC
based file sync program and sync the card directly.

XP has one built into Fileexplorer, but I would recommend others such as
filesync from http://fileware.com which offers a number of control,
safety and configuration options... for example to sync directories
scattered around your pc and/or network to a simple file structure on
the card.

Another approach is to review what percentage of the files are truly
sync candidates... i.e. is the entire gig really subject to change? If
not, place the ones that are in the sync folder and those that are not
on the card.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
!