I am having nothing but serious problems at the moment. I cannot install
anything from my CD's or from downloads. I get windows cannot find setup exe
and if I go to the CD drive I get device is not ready.

I can open the files on the cd but the second I attempt to use the setup I
get the same message. This also happens with downloads I get messages abouot
an error occuring in some temp file that the installer must set up in the my
documnets file.

It is very frustrating does anyone have a workaround?

Check here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/218617

Hopefully one of the troubleshooting tips on that site will work for you.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"Commosgt68" <Commosgt68@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| I am having nothing but serious problems at the moment. I cannot install
| anything from my CD's or from downloads. I get windows cannot find setup
exe
| and if I go to the CD drive I get device is not ready.
|
| I can open the files on the cd but the second I attempt to use the setup I
| get the same message. This also happens with downloads I get messages
abouot
| an error occuring in some temp file that the installer must set up in the
my
| documnets file.
|
| It is very frustrating does anyone have a workaround?

Hi,

Resolving problems with the Windows installer:
http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Installation

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Commosgt68" <Commosgt68@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having nothing but serious problems at the moment. I cannot install
> anything from my CD's or from downloads. I get windows cannot find setup
> exe
> and if I go to the CD drive I get device is not ready.
>
> I can open the files on the cd but the second I attempt to use the setup I
> get the same message. This also happens with downloads I get messages
> abouot
> an error occuring in some temp file that the installer must set up in the
> my
> documnets file.
>
> It is very frustrating does anyone have a workaround?

TRENDING THREADS