Backing up with XP PRO and creating a recovery disk

It seems that XP Pro backup wizard requires one to have a floppy drive to
make a recovery disk. I am backing up my hard drive to an external hard
drive but cannot figure out how to create a recovery disk without a floppy.

Anyone?
3 answers Last reply
More about backing creating recovery disk

    You can't. You should invest in a decent third party solution. There are
    many titles to choose from. I like Acronis TrueImage.
    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 08:39:06 -0800, fjustice wrote:

    > It seems that XP Pro backup wizard requires one to have a floppy drive to
    > make a recovery disk. I am backing up my hard drive to an external hard
    > drive but cannot figure out how to create a recovery disk without a floppy.
    >
    > Anyone?

    You can create a plain backup without a floppy using NTBackup. As far as I
    know, you cannot create an ASR set for disaster recovery without it. When I
    built my new desktop, I skipped adding a floppy drive and purchased a
    different recovery program - one that does not require a floppy drive for
    it to be effective.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Buy a floppy drive, they can be had for under $10.

    "fjustice" <fjustice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    It seems that XP Pro backup wizard requires one to have a floppy drive to
    make a recovery disk. I am backing up my hard drive to an external hard
    drive but cannot figure out how to create a recovery disk without a floppy.

    Anyone?

Recovery Disk Floppy Disk Windows XP