Backing up with XP PRO and creating a recovery disk

It seems that XP Pro backup wizard requires one to have a floppy drive to
make a recovery disk. I am backing up my hard drive to an external hard
drive but cannot figure out how to create a recovery disk without a floppy.

Anyone?

You can't. You should invest in a decent third party solution. There are
many titles to choose from. I like Acronis TrueImage.
--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 08:39:06 -0800, fjustice wrote:

> It seems that XP Pro backup wizard requires one to have a floppy drive to
> make a recovery disk. I am backing up my hard drive to an external hard
> drive but cannot figure out how to create a recovery disk without a floppy.
>
> Anyone?

You can create a plain backup without a floppy using NTBackup. As far as I
know, you cannot create an ASR set for disaster recovery without it. When I
built my new desktop, I skipped adding a floppy drive and purchased a
different recovery program - one that does not require a floppy drive for
it to be effective.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

br549

Buy a floppy drive, they can be had for under $10.

"fjustice" <fjustice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
It seems that XP Pro backup wizard requires one to have a floppy drive to
make a recovery disk. I am backing up my hard drive to an external hard
drive but cannot figure out how to create a recovery disk without a floppy.

Anyone?

TRENDING THREADS