axim x5 charger

February 17, 2005 11:38:07 AM

Why I cannot used an "universal charger" with my Axim X5??

More about : axim charger

February 17, 2005 4:53:40 PM

JC wrote:
> Why I cannot used an "universal charger" with my Axim X5??

Wrong voltage and amperage, different plug, reversed polarity, "charger"
may be just a power adapter.
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 2:56:13 AM

You can try IGo power kit. Please check www.igo.com . I have one for my IPaq
5450 and other for my Presario notebook, and both are fine pieces of
electronics.

For your Dell, you can check Igo EverywherePower 3500 series for portable
electronics, and the tip for your model is -B07 (SKU is MOB 6600507-01). You
will be happy for 70-80 bucks, the power source is electronically switched
and very compact, with great style and look, and outstanding finishing. When
getting this, you can feed up to two gagdets at once, provided you can find
the tip. The first tip comes for free, included in the price of the power
supply. You only pay for additional tips. For example, I have one tip for my
Ipaq and another for my Nokia cellphone. Very nice solution for the road
warrior. If you're in the States, check your nearest Radio Shack shop.

Hope this can help, regards from Argentina,

Carlos Perez MVP

"JC" <jclacc@hotmail.com> escribió en el mensaje
news:o dxniXPFFHA.2296@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Why I cannot used an "universal charger" with my Axim X5??

February 18, 2005 8:45:54 PM

You can as long as it meets all the specs. Right voltage and polarity,
sufficient current, proper connector. If you are thinking one of those
multi-voltage, assorted tip things, make sure it is set to the right voltage
and polarity before you hook it up.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices

!