new pets

what do you guys think of the new pets?
23 answers Last reply
More about pets

    "Tim and Becky" <timbecky@paulbunyan.net> wrote in message
    news:59b3e.698$q3.35105@news7.onvoy.net...
    > what do you guys think of the new pets?

    I LOVE them; unfortunately, they are probably just an April Fool's joke.

    You can't create one. They aren't in the create a pet area. So yes, I'd
    say that they are this year's April Fools.

    Megan & Dave wrote:

    > You can't create one. They aren't in the create a pet area. So yes, I'd
    > say that they are this year's April Fools.

    When I first saw "50 new pets" announcement I was sure it was an April
    Fool's joke, but after I saw them on the pets page, I wasn't so sure. A
    lot of them are really nice, and put many of the current pets to shame.
    If it turns out to be an April Fool's joke after all, I bet TNT gets a
    mailbox full of complaints from disappointed users.

    Man, I dont even want my pets anymore LOL...
    I love giraffes, so I MUST have the Dattup if this isnt a damned joke!!

    bodcat1 wrote:

    > Man, I dont even want my pets anymore LOL...
    > I love giraffes, so I MUST have the Dattup if this isnt a damned joke!!
    >
    > "Brian Anderson" <not@home.now> wrote in message
    >
    >>Megan & Dave wrote:
    >>
    >>>You can't create one. They aren't in the create a pet area. So yes, I'd
    >>>say that they are this year's April Fools.
    >>
    >>When I first saw "50 new pets" announcement I was sure it was an April
    >>Fool's joke, but after I saw them on the pets page, I wasn't so sure. A
    >>lot of them are really nice, and put many of the current pets to shame. If
    >>it turns out to be an April Fool's joke after all, I bet TNT gets a
    >>mailbox full of complaints from disappointed users.

    They did say that some would be available for adoption (is that a
    typo or the April Fools gotcha? The pet colors have changed
    since the last time I viewed that page)...I want a varwolf...ooo,
    leofinn's nice too.

    --
    Neopets! It's FREE! Create and care for a virtual pet, explore,
    play games and more!

    bodcat1 [bodcat1@yourunderpantsshaw.ca] said
    > Man, I dont even want my pets anymore LOL...
    > I love giraffes, so I MUST have the Dattup if this isnt a damned joke!!

    LOL! Of course it is a joke.

    But who knows, they might be the basis of some new pets in the future.

    > "Brian Anderson" <not@home.now> wrote in message
    > > Megan & Dave wrote:
    > >
    > >> You can't create one. They aren't in the create a pet area. So yes, I'd
    > >> say that they are this year's April Fools.
    > >
    > > When I first saw "50 new pets" announcement I was sure it was an April
    > > Fool's joke, but after I saw them on the pets page, I wasn't so sure. A
    > > lot of them are really nice, and put many of the current pets to shame. If
    > > it turns out to be an April Fool's joke after all, I bet TNT gets a
    > > mailbox full of complaints from disappointed users.

    Kind of an elaborate joke, though, eh? Lots of work went into that! Not
    sure why they wouldnt use them!

    "Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > bodcat1 [bodcat1@yourunderpantsshaw.ca] said
    >> Man, I dont even want my pets anymore LOL...
    >> I love giraffes, so I MUST have the Dattup if this isnt a damned joke!!
    >
    > LOL! Of course it is a joke.
    >
    > But who knows, they might be the basis of some new pets in the future.
    >
    >> "Brian Anderson" <not@home.now> wrote in message

    >> > When I first saw "50 new pets" announcement I was sure it was an April
    >> > Fool's joke, but after I saw them on the pets page, I wasn't so sure.
    >> > lot of them are really nice, and put many of the current pets to shame.
    >> > If
    >> > it turns out to be an April Fool's joke after all, I bet TNT gets a
    >> > mailbox full of complaints from disappointed users.

    I'd bet they would be made for only premium users anyhow...

    "bodcat1" <bodcat1@yourunderpantsshaw.ca> wrote in message
    > Kind of an elaborate joke, though, eh? Lots of work went into that! Not
    > sure why they wouldnt use them!
    >

    > "Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> bodcat1 [bodcat1@yourunderpantsshaw.ca] said
    >>> Man, I dont even want my pets anymore LOL...
    >>> I love giraffes, so I MUST have the Dattup if this isnt a damned joke!!
    >>
    >> LOL! Of course it is a joke.
    >>
    >> But who knows, they might be the basis of some new pets in the future.
    >>
    >>> "Brian Anderson" <not@home.now> wrote in message

    On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 15:36:04 GMT, "bodcat1"
    <bodcat1@yourunderpantsshaw.ca> wrote:

    >Kind of an elaborate joke, though, eh? Lots of work went into that! Not
    >sure why they wouldnt use them!

    It's probably pets they've created in the past when trying to come
    up with pets they want to release, so probably not so much work.
    That's what I thought when I saw them anyway.

    - Nichole

    bodcat1 [bodcat1@yourunderpantsshaw.ca] said
    > Kind of an elaborate joke, though, eh? Lots of work went into that! Not
    > sure why they wouldnt use them!

    They always do an April Fool, and yes, they usually put quite a bit of
    work into it.

    > "Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > bodcat1 [bodcat1@yourunderpantsshaw.ca] said
    > >> Man, I dont even want my pets anymore LOL...
    > >> I love giraffes, so I MUST have the Dattup if this isnt a damned joke!!
    > >
    > > LOL! Of course it is a joke.
    > >
    > > But who knows, they might be the basis of some new pets in the future.
    > >
    > >> "Brian Anderson" <not@home.now> wrote in message

    but i LOOOOVE the giraffe :'(

    bodcat1 wrote:
    > but i LOOOOVE the giraffe :'(

    I'm with you. Probably seven of my top ten favorite neopets would be
    from this new group. Just imagine some of them as Tyrannian or Mutant
    or Royal versions! (I want to see the Mutant Hughman!)

    It's a cruel joke to say "Look what we could be giving you but aren't."

    Read the editorial...
    http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&issue=184

    The two pertinent questions:

    You just released 50 new species !! how are you going to give them all a day
    of there own like kiko day? and how are you going to make them be able to be
    painted with paintbrushes? - Nikki24772005
    Hehe :) That was our little April Fool's Day joke. We always do something
    silly at this time of year. Those species aren't really released, and they
    won't have their own pet days. You are not by any means the only person who
    fell for it. (You can stop sending the angry *how dare you release 50 or why
    are they so ugly* messages now heh ). I mean did you see the Hughhman or the
    scary Gorilla/Turtle ?!?! :D

    Is there even the remotest, tiniest chance that some of the April fool's
    pets might be released in the future? The "Sharkaw" and "Polaflint" look
    pretty cool, and the Neopets menagerie doesn't have any bobcat or lemur-like
    critters yet. - Gizmonic
    Well a lot of those pets were designs that didn't quite make it in the past.
    If one or two seem popular we could possibly end up tweaking the things we
    didn't like so much about them and adding a more refined version. We have no
    plans to do that at present though.

    Megan & Dave wrote:
    > Read the editorial...

    > If one or two seem popular we could possibly end up tweaking the things we
    > didn't like so much about them and adding a more refined version. We have no
    > plans to do that at present though.

    Got the kids from school and came home to see that all the "new" pets
    were gone.

    Good thing I downloaded the jpg's when I had the chance!

    if you have a chance to post them could you give me a link? I'd love to
    show my sister, she missed it too.

    Brian Anderson [not@home.now] said
    > Megan & Dave wrote:
    > > Read the editorial...
    >
    > > If one or two seem popular we could possibly end up tweaking the things we
    > > didn't like so much about them and adding a more refined version. We have no
    > > plans to do that at present though.
    >
    > Got the kids from school and came home to see that all the "new" pets
    > were gone.
    >
    > Good thing I downloaded the jpg's when I had the chance!

    Here, April Fool's are supposed to be over and done by noon, so maybe
    that was why they were gone after midday NST?

    I found it a bit disappointing. The other two April Fool things they've
    done were more exciting, as I recall. The one with the completely new look
    on the home page and the "Neopoints? Who need neopoints." announcement that
    neopints were being discontinued was - oh, just better.

    bodcat1 wrote:

    > if you have a chance to post them could you give me a link? I'd love to
    > show my sister, she missed it too.

    Let me know if you still need them. Danelle's attachment came through
    loud and clear and virus free here.

    Danelle Atkinson wrote:

    > I'm not sure if this will work, but I too saved the images from this
    > morning's April Fools Joke. I've included them in a .zip file.
    >
    > If it does work, remember to scan the file first before downloading... just
    > to be safe.

    Worked for me. Thanks.

    My sister who got me interested in Neopets had this to say:

    oh by the way...neopets april 1 joke was a subtle slam...intended or
    not...when "everyone" had a Poke'mon, and sales had begun to slow and level
    out, they introduced 50 new pets or some such number, bringing the number of
    possible pets to 99
    when that promotional move proved to be short-lived, they introduced
    Digimon
    quickly followed by the enduring popularity of yu gi oh

    A. M. Hawk Widner wrote:
    > My sister who got me interested in Neopets had this to say:
    >
    > oh by the way...neopets april 1 joke was a subtle slam...intended or
    > not...when "everyone" had a Poke'mon, and sales had begun to slow and level
    > out, they introduced 50 new pets or some such number, bringing the number of
    > possible pets to 99
    > when that promotional move proved to be short-lived, they introduced
    > Digimon
    > quickly followed by the enduring popularity of yu gi oh

    I hate to say it, but your beloved sister is wrong on almost every
    count. Pokemon debuted with 150 pets to begin with, and Digimon and
    Yu-Gi-Oh both predated the Pokemon craze.

    Pokemon started in Japan in 1996 as a video game, and Digimon in 1997 as
    toy pets. Pokemon reached the U.S. in 1998, and Digimon in 1999.
    Yu-Gi-Oh! debuted in Japan in 1996 as a comic strip, and as a cartoon
    and TCG in 1998. The 100 new Pokemon were introduced in video games in
    1999, the same year the first Pokemon movie came out in the U.S. (and
    the peak of the Pokemon craze here).

    "Brian Anderson"> wrote

    > I hate to say it, but your beloved sister is wrong on almost every
    > count.

    Doesn't surprise me a bit. ;)

    Oooo I had to work I missed the pictures can I get them too?

    Scootertwo

    "Brian Anderson" <not@home.now> wrote in message
    > Megan & Dave wrote:
    >> Read the editorial...
    >
    >> If one or two seem popular we could possibly end up tweaking the things
    >> we
    >> didn't like so much about them and adding a more refined version. We have
    >> no
    >> plans to do that at present though.
    >
    > Got the kids from school and came home to see that all the "new" pets were
    > gone.
    >
    > Good thing I downloaded the jpg's when I had the chance!

Games Video Games