Second Take: Top Ten Star Wars Games

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
One of my fav. SW game was The Empire Strikes Back for the N64, it was a great game imo, it had everything but the lightsabers. (battle of hoth, space battles, speeders, land combat and jetpack!).

Dark Forces II will always be my favorite though. Never played KOTOR. (got Mass Effect instead, and I don't think it's that great).

I see Force Unleashed has some pretty mediocre scores, is it really that bad?

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006

OMFG YES! That is so awesome, I forgot they had one at the Crystal Palace.. haven't been in there in years, wonder if they still got it there.

SEALBoy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
A bit disappointed that KOTOR 2 didn't make the list... it's also a great game in its own right, ending is a bit botched, but it should have slipped in somewhere.

Herra

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
Jedi Knight 2 has a space banjo on the cover, that alone gives it a spot in the list.

Lego Star Wars 2 is probably the best Star Wars game ever.

ledzeprules

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
No Rogue Squadron? What is this madness???

edit: and me too, I obsessively played the Sega star wars arcade game at Chuck E. Cheese until I was about 12.

jeverson

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2007
Man... that took me back. I went somewhere last year that had the sit down Star Wars arcade game and I still get chills down my spine when good old O'bi Wan tells me to "Let go Luke"... "Use the Force Luke"... man what a great game. I agree that Force Unleashed does not fit the list. I haven't played some of the games on the list so obviously I thought there were games that could have been there instead but over all I think this is one of the best Top 10 lists you guys have done. Keep it up guys.

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006

I also loved The Empire Strikes Back and was surprised that it didnt make the list tbh. The Force Unleashed is far from bad. I absolutely love the game and am unable to fathom where the poor reviews that it is getting are coming from. I played the PS3 version and am workin on my 2nd time through right now. I have 2 friends that dont usually like to buy SP only games and one of them doesnt really care for star wars to much (doesnt dislike it, but doesnt really care about it either) and both of them rented the game and then went out and bought it. One of them is actually working on their 3rd time though...not sure where they find the time imo. lol

So I dont know why people dont like it, but me and all my friends agree that it is at the very least an 8/10, so unlike the review here on toms games I feel it is worth every penny. Their may be a few bugs, but what game is without them and non of them really affect the gameplay in the least, so I am unsure of what the issue is. There is a good chance that they could be fixed with a patch, but imo dont really NEED to be.

To each their own I suppose, but it is quite strange to me that Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway is actually getting better reviews and it is a much worse and much more buggy game that The Force Unleashed and I was alot more excited about BIA tbh...it just didnt show up. Cant please everyone though. I like it and would recommend atleast renting the game and if you are the type of person who likes to replay SP games then I would recommend buying it.

Best,

3Ball

pr2thej

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
X-Wing Vs TIE Fighter.

Virtually a sinulation with the amount of control you had over the ship, and leading a squadron of Y-wings on a Bombing run of a Star Destroyer is one of the best moments ive had on any game.

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
I only played Battlefield 2142 for 2.5 months, but the First Strike Star Wars mod was pretty good. I thought it was almost as good as Battlefront and it's free (though bf2142 isn't). The space battles were pretty fun (love flying the TIE Interceptors).

If you have BF2142 and like SW, give First Strike a shot.

joshthor

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
my favorite star wars games of all time: Kotor 1 and Kotor 2, all other star wars games have been a dissapointment in comparison.

TRENDING THREADS