Sorry, this thread doesn't exist

aidanwhitehall

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2008
It's back!! I tried to start a new thread on this but site feedback does not appear in the menu options. I just click post new thread and was taken to a screen with menu options but nothing for feedback :(

If I try to open an existing thread by clicking on the flag then I get the famed 'Does not exist message' however if you click on the thread name then you can open it. This is on the UK site and is browser independent.

Sorry BOM but your site blows chunks at the min.

justinblue

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
Hi,

A new search system was just implemented on the forum. There are many bugs with it that we are trying to work out. This is definitely a known issue.

Thanks,
Justin

MrLinux

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2007
Forum navigation is a bit screwy at the moment, the main thread/page seems OK, but anything beyond that...

PS
If THG are looking for developers, I'm open to offers... I'll consider anything that isn't illegal, immoral or fattening (the Morals bit is always negotiable).

justinblue

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
Audiovoodoo,

I agree with you 100%. I ask the same thing every day. From what I understand, most people coming in from non U.S. sites are redirected to Tom's U.K... There are TONS of problems on Tom's U.K. I am going to suggest redirecting everyone to Tom's U.S. until those problems are fixed, because its simply ridiculous to have one working system but force people to a broken system.

Justin

justinblue

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
Hey,

From what I'm told, its to help advertisers target UK users. I suggested that we, at least until the bugs are fixed, redirect all users to the U.S. site. I was resoundingly overruled. That is why I am working so hard to get all these bugs fixed.

Justin

MrLinux

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2007
<Rant> I just don't see why the base forum code should be different, this just breaks the ruled of good (software) engineering; haven't the designers ever heard of software re-use? </Rant>

Ok, Rant over (for now) but things like this just wind me up!

uguv

Distinguished
I get this same error whenever I try to click on one of the red or blue flags next to a post (to skip to the new messages). I am from the US but I get redirected to the UK forums no matter what I try. As soon as I click on a forum it takes me to the .co.uk site.

I know this is in another post but I also can't edit or quick edit my posts.
Edit: actually I can edit posts in this forum but not in any of the CPU & Components forums.

Also, my sig has never worked.

This is getting pretty annoying.

justinblue

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
amdfangirl,

I have reported this issue. As for changing forum systems, I have my opinions on that too that I will not outline here to protect the innocent :)

Justin

gpippas

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
O live in the uk and never use the uk site becauses its always a few days out of date and the layout and functionality is terrible. Like the others im having the thread doesn't exist problems and all the other problems to.

uguv

Distinguished