Wireless connection speed drop

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
September 15, 2005 1:47:33 PM

Archived from groups: (More info?)

I have a wireless G card on my Fujutsu laptop and a Linksys Wireless B
router. I have noticed that over the past few days, my wireless
connection speed status drops to between 5.5 and 1 Mbps. I always used
to get a strong 11 Mbps connection between the laptop and the router
and have no idea why this is happening. When I first connect to the
router it connects at 11 mbps, but this drops after a very short while.
The laptop is less than a few feet away from the router.
September 15, 2005 2:05:59 PM

mapex wrote:
> I have a wireless G card on my Fujutsu laptop and a Linksys Wireless B
> router. I have noticed that over the past few days, my wireless
> connection speed status drops to between 5.5 and 1 Mbps. I always used
> to get a strong 11 Mbps connection between the laptop and the router
> and have no idea why this is happening. When I first connect to the
> router it connects at 11 mbps, but this drops after a very short while.
> The laptop is less than a few feet away from the router.

To update my post, I just changed the channel from 6 to 1 and it seems
to be working fine. Hmmm