Wireless connection speed drop

Archived from groups: (More info?)

I have a wireless G card on my Fujutsu laptop and a Linksys Wireless B
router. I have noticed that over the past few days, my wireless
connection speed status drops to between 5.5 and 1 Mbps. I always used
to get a strong 11 Mbps connection between the laptop and the router
and have no idea why this is happening. When I first connect to the
router it connects at 11 mbps, but this drops after a very short while.
The laptop is less than a few feet away from the router.
1 answer Last reply
More about wireless connection speed drop
  1. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    mapex wrote:
    > I have a wireless G card on my Fujutsu laptop and a Linksys Wireless B
    > router. I have noticed that over the past few days, my wireless
    > connection speed status drops to between 5.5 and 1 Mbps. I always used
    > to get a strong 11 Mbps connection between the laptop and the router
    > and have no idea why this is happening. When I first connect to the
    > router it connects at 11 mbps, but this drops after a very short while.
    > The laptop is less than a few feet away from the router.

    To update my post, I just changed the channel from 6 to 1 and it seems
    to be working fine. Hmmm

Connectivity Wireless Laptops Connection Routers Wireless Networking